American Transmissions & Auto Repair

Overall Rating 2.63/5Overall Rating 2.63/5rating 2.63rating 2.63rating 2.63

S H. on 01/15/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Give Me Your Hard Earn Money"
Worst experience so far.... Took my dad car in for diagnostic and got it fix in a day. Took the car back and engine light turn back on withing 5 minutes. Took it back for warranty repair which took the whole week with me calling back everyday for that week to see if my car ready with the promise of finish by next day. It's like telling your kids to wake up to school in the morning and he's said 5 more minutes. They took no initiative to call back the customer or let them know when their work done. When they call back, they said there another problem that require me to pay out of pocket. Told them to wait so i can talk to my non English speaking dad then they just hang up on me. They finally call for once back apparently in the morning and my dad pick up didn't know that he was gonna get charge without my knowledge. I don't know what they are doing but it look shady as if they are recouping their cost due to their failure to diagnose a problem in the first place. When asked for old parts, they threw it away instantly without having a though the customer might want to see it. There are better places.... don't expect them to call back unless they want more of your money. Originally was $400 repair, Now $1200 total.
Service Date: 01/06/2016
Review Created: 01/15/2016 03:09 PM
Shannon T. on 08/02/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Best Shop!"
This shop is great took my car in for a transmission and they had me back on the road in a few days.
Service Date: 07/22/2015
Review Created: 08/02/2015 11:18 AM
Garland S. on 10/12/2011
"car repair"
didn't do a good job at all and didn't stand behind his work
Service Date: 09/13/2011
Review Created: 10/12/2011 02:59 PM
Cynthia R. on 09/13/2011
"Look around"
Took my SUV for a free diagnostic check for possible transmission failure, came out with a water leak. They said it had to be repaired immediately. Decided to let them do the work, and 3 days later, my SUV didn't go reverse!!! Not to mention it had about 7 other issues that it didn't have before I took it in. Took it in a second time so they could fix the reverse and other issues, and it's still not working properly. One of the worker's comment when I picked it up was, "we fix most everything, except"...I will be returning to get it fixed properly, but will definitely not recommend to anyone, on the contrary, I will advise them not to go there.
Service Date: 08/06/2011
Review Created: 09/13/2011 07:51 AM
Ronny P. on 09/07/2011
"INFERIOR WORK PERFORMED BY AT&AR"
This company do not stand behind their product or their word. They put a compressor on my truck that did not last a year and say to me it's the companies fault that sold them the compressor. Well, I did not take my truck to whatever company they are trying to blame it on. I took it to them. MISTAKE #1. This company has had several managers and all they do is lie. The manager there now told me that the samething happened to Joe the owner. He just admitted that they knew something was wrong. I made one mistake and I will never make it again. I wished there was a zero for no star at all. THEY DON'T DESERVE EVEN ONE.
Service Date: 08/10/2011
Review Created: 09/07/2011 06:48 AM
Kevin W H. on 08/08/2011
"Outstanding Service & Pricing"
Recently purchased used car needed A/C work (blew only hot air). Took the quote and shopped it around to two other service locations within 10 miles. American Transmission's quote was the best price and closest to the house! Scheduled the work, which was completed the same day as promised! Everyone I interacted with was friendly, engaging and honest! The A/C work that was done was extensive, but has made an incredible difference (especially this summer)! I have experienced no issue with the A/C since the work was completed. A sincere "Thank You" to the team at American Transmissions!
Service Date: 06/21/2011
Review Created: 08/08/2011 09:49 AM
Sandra B. on 08/08/2011
"Save your money"
Went in for an oil change and technician left the dipstick for oil laying under the hood rather than placing it back where it belonged. They did a sloppy job.
Service Date: 06/30/2011
Review Created: 08/08/2011 08:59 AM
Rosa V. on 07/17/2011
"Fast & friendly"
First time I had heard of scheduling an appt for an oil change, but I was impressed with the prompt service and attention. Thanks
Service Date: 07/16/2011