Review for Auto Care East Inc
CAROLINE H. on 02/16/2012
"I felt ripped off"
The first time I took my car here, it was for a second opinion after another autoshop gave me a large estimate for a bunch of tests they would need to do because my engine light was on. Auto Care East replaced the cap for $15, and seemed to give me fair and reasonable service on the other things that needed to be fixed.

I had a different experience the second time I brought my car here. After I dropped my car here for the 45,000 mile service check, I got a call that the air filter and cabin filter needed to be replaced and the cost would be almost $500. When I asked for a breakdown of cost, the guy had trouble doing it, and suddenly realized they had "charged me for labor twice." He then reduced the cost by $110, but the breakdown for parts and labor still wasn't adding up. He finally agreed to e-mail me an estimate, where suddenly it was reduced another $100 (apparently there was another extra charge for labor that was again taken off)and it was now only $276 -- and the parts and labor finally added up correctly. They
charged for 1.5 hours of labor (intead of one hour), which I was not sure was fair, but I agreed to it.

But it seems to me that they were planning to charge me at least $200 more than they should have, and were just hoping I wouldn't question it. They (correctly) assumed I was a female who does not know much about cars. But that doesn't give them the right to rip me off. I will not be going here again.
Vehicle: Honda Civic