Autoworks Service and Repair

Review for Autoworks Service and Repair
Robert S. on 09/24/2014
"Not willing to address a complaint "
I took my car in for a brake repair which they did just fine on, but the next day my engine drive belts were squealing really loud. When I went back to have them looked at they wanted to charge me all over again as a whole new repair. I don't think that's fair since it wasn't squealing when I took it in. It's probably something easy to fix, but they weren't willing to look at it as a possible correction to an issue I feel they may have caused.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz 190E
Service Date: 09/03/2014
Review Created: 09/24/2014 09:17 PM
John L. at Autoworks Service and Repair responded on 09/25/2014

Hi Robert, I'm sorry you feel this way. When you called the next day after the brake repair work and told us about your belt noise, we asked that you come by so we can check the noise even though its probably not related to the brake job. You set 2 appointments for us to look at it and missed them both. This last friday you stopped by and asked Mel, my service writer, if there would be a charge to fix the belt noise. She said lets take a look at it first and if it is related to our brake job no charge, but if it's not related to the work we did then there would be a charge for any new repairs. We were willing to look at the noise, you missed your appointment twice, and you live 500 feet from my house. You can visit me any time, my yard is not gated, thanks, hope to be friends, john lonas.