Bob's Service Center

Overall Rating 3.8571429/5Overall Rating 3.8571429/5Overall Rating 3.8571429/5rating 3.8571429rating 3.8571429
Overall Rating 2.1428571/5Overall Rating 2.1428571/5rating 2.1428571rating 2.1428571rating 2.1428571
Review for Bob's Service Center
Cassie C. on 04/26/2016
The people were friendly that I had spoken with and scheduled the work with and they were able to get me in very quickly for a new radiator...HOWEVER, when the mechanic replaced my radiator with the new one, he failed to properly reconnect the coolant lines that go back to the transmission. Needless to say right after getting the car back, the transmission suddenly started to slip at a high speed (75). After a few days, I brought the car back to them and they said they didn't know what was happening and they couldn't help. I'd have to take the car elsewhere. Which I did. I took it to a Dodge dealer, that is where I was given the information about the missed connection. Next thing you know, I'm driving 2 hours from home and suddenly have no transmission. No forward, no backward, NOTHING! Had to call a tow and took it to the nearest dealership. Where I was again told that the transmission problem originated from the replacement of the radiator!!! So thank you, BOB's for forcing me into buying a new car because of your mechanics screw up!!!!
Vehicle: Dodge Journey
Service Date: 04/02/2016
Review Created: 04/26/2016 06:12 AM
Bob P. at Bob's Service Center responded on 04/27/2016

Hi Cassie,
I'm very sorry for your experience. I'm not sure what to say other than I can't explain the coolant lines to the transmission not being reconnected properly. The procedure in both of the service publications that we use indicate that disconnecting the transmission cooling lines is not part of replacing the radiator. I didn't believe it myself when first told because most radiators that I've seen with an automatic transmission have cooling lines running to them but in your case apparently the lines go to a separate oil cooler. The reason we told you that we couldn't do anything when you first came back with a problem is; #1) the problem wasn't showing itself. The car apparently was running and shifting fine and there were no signs of any fluid leaks. #2) There were trouble codes stored in the computers memory relating to the transmission. Your car doesn't have a dipstick to check the transmission fluid. As strange as it sounds, it has to be check with a special scan tool at the dealership. I've got to think that if the dealership felt there was some sort of issue they would've advised you not to drive the car. In the meantime I've got Roger trying to do some research to try and find out exactly what happened. He's been trying to reach you to find out the name of the place where you traded your car.
Bob Perkins