Bob's Service Center

Overall Rating 3.8571429/5Overall Rating 3.8571429/5Overall Rating 3.8571429/5rating 3.8571429rating 3.8571429
Overall Rating 2.1428571/5Overall Rating 2.1428571/5rating 2.1428571rating 2.1428571rating 2.1428571
Review for Bob's Service Center
Kristin L. ReScore Review on 06/01/2013
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Amazingly Responsive"
They went above and beyond to make sure that my unhappiness was resolved. I had no expectation that they would refund my money, yet they did. I do think they could have been clearer about the fee structure up front, but clearly I underestimated their level of customer service.
Vehicle: Pontiac Vibe
Service Date: 04/26/2013
Review Created: 05/11/2013 01:44 PM

"Acceptable Service, but they overcharge."
The service itself was fine. No wait, fast. However, they charged me $10 to adjust my headlight. Not fix or replace, just twist it so that it faced the right way (I guess it was pointing slightly off center). It couldn't have taken them more than 30 seconds to do. I should know, I replaced the bulb myself and it took less than 5 minutes (including reading instructions). Now, clearly I could have done a better job, but charging what they did seems unreasonable to me. I makes me wonder what they would charge to fix a real problem.
Vehicle: Pontiac Vibe
Service Date: 04/26/2013
Review Created: 05/11/2013 01:44 PM
Bob P. at Bob's Service Center responded on 05/15/2013
Hi Kristin I'm sorry that your experience won't allow you to recommend us to anyone else. It sounds as though everything was fine except for the $10 charge for checking the adjustment on your headlights.Let me start by saying that I'll have a check in the mail tomorrow for the $10. and you have my apologies. I would like to explain again how we came up with the $10 charge. During your inspection we noticed that the headlight aim was off. With your permission we checked the headlight adjustment with a special headlight aimer. It was with this piece of equipment that we noticed something might be wrong with the bulb. Upon looking at the bulb we found it to be installed improperly. After correcting that situation, we found the adjustment to be fine. All this took about 10 minutes which at $83 per hour (our labor rate) would be $13.80.