CAROLYN D. on 01/21/2016
"Personal care and concern"
Mike, Bob, John, Thanks for Listening to me and trying to help with the leak in my car trunk. Sorry to say I'm still having the same problem. I highly suspect the water is coming though between the trunk edge gutter and running down through my tail-light body seam. Testing now with duct tape. Maybe I need some sort of weather strip. Thinking about squishing plastic wrap in between gap. Anyway, I still appreciate your service and willingness.
Sincerely, Carolyn DeLisle
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 01/16/2016
Review Created: 01/21/2016 02:43 PM
KATHRYN A. on 01/19/2016
"Excellent, friendly service."
Thank you for the prompt service on such short notice!
Vehicle: Toyota Yaris
Review Created: 01/19/2016 07:04 PM
EVERT J. on 01/16/2016
"Brown's Car Care"
I have been going to Brown's Car Care for over five years, I have always had great reliable service.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 01/15/2016
Review Created: 01/16/2016 10:44 PM
ELMER C. on 01/16/2016
"Excellent in all respects, highly recommended"
Prompt, expert repair at a very reasonable fee.
Vehicle: Jeep Liberty
Service Date: 01/14/2016
Review Created: 01/16/2016 08:24 AM
WALTER H. on 01/15/2016
" Always excellent "
Always excellent work is very professional
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 01/14/2016
Review Created: 01/15/2016 09:25 PM
JOHN P. on 01/15/2016
"Clutch Repair"
I have always received quality work performed on all my vehicles at Brown's Car Care.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Montero
Service Date: 01/13/2016
Review Created: 01/15/2016 07:42 AM
JERRY T. on 01/13/2016
"."
Dependable, quick, and trustworthy.
Review Created: 01/13/2016 10:05 AM
BILL Q. on 01/12/2016
"Browns Car Care"
Browns Car Care was there when I needed them to be, good work guys!
Bill Quiles
Review Created: 01/12/2016 05:31 AM
FRANK R. on 01/08/2016
"Work done right,fair prices"
Work done right, fair prices
Vehicle: Dodge Caravan
Service Date: 01/07/2016
Review Created: 01/08/2016 10:21 PM
RICHARD B. on 01/06/2016
"always good service"
last minute appointment. still getting friendly and skilled treatment. These people are never to rushed to stop and listen to your problem, even when you describe it as glugs and hiccups. They treat everyone with respect. I don't get the feeling they are sitting in the back room laughing at every woman who comes in without any technical knowledge.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Equinox
Service Date: 01/04/2016
Review Created: 01/06/2016 06:57 AM
SCOTT F. on 12/29/2015
"Great service, friendly people and good prices. "
We have used Browns car care for years and recommend them to all our friends and family.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Pickup
Service Date: 12/28/2015
Review Created: 12/29/2015 08:18 PM
BRIAN H. on 12/26/2015
"Awesome Service!"
As always with Brown's, they did an outstanding job on one of our family's vehicles. They even allowed us to split the work into a two day period, picking up the car after a day's work, which allowed us to use it to go to work in the evening, and then drop it off the following morning to finish the service. They are customer focused and always produce outstanding results.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tracker
Service Date: 12/18/2015
Review Created: 12/26/2015 09:29 AM
BILL S. on 12/21/2015
"Ford F350 Cold starting problem"
Brought my truck in to fix a cold starting problem. Given it was a 2000 Ford F350 I thought the glow plugs were bad. They told me I could just replace the glow plugs and hope that fixes the problem or they could do a diagnostic to clearly determine what is wrong. The diagnostic would cost more. I agreed to do both. They repaired the truck and I brought it home after paying about $1K. The first attempt to start in cold weather the truck wouldn't start. I called and brought it back in once I was able to let it warm up. They said they would have it ready on a specific day. After not hearing anything I called. They said their person was ill. I get people being ill but a call would have been nice to tell me it wouldn't be ready when they said it would be. The second trip in did fix the problem and it has been starting. Don't understand why given I paid the extra to do a diagnostic the truck was not fixed correctly the first time.
Service Date: 11/25/2015
Review Created: 12/21/2015 09:22 PM
Mike B., owner at Brown's Car Care responded on 01/05/2016

Bill you brought your truck in and said do the glow plugs. We suggested that we test the glow plugs before we replace them to make sure they were bad. We did so they were bad and we replaced them retested them and all was fine. We did not test any other system for function because we were only approved to test the glow plug system. We did not test the fuel system or the computer system and it's sensors we were not approved for the extra charge time to do so. We did at no additional cost scan the ECM and wrote down all the fault codes we found and cleared the system. It started just fine here after the glow plug replacement.  You had multiple issues with your truck we had no history on the truck and only did what we were approved to do. As for the second time you brought it in if I would have been the service writer behind the desk I would not have charged you for the second diagnoses. This is not saying he did anything wrong because he knew at that time it was not going to be a glow plug issue but probably going to be fuel related. (totally different system). But you see we now have history. In checking the fuel system we found two issues one the fuel heater was not working properly. Also the engine temp sensor was showing the engine was warmed up before it was started for the first time. So a problem in both the fuel system and the computer system. We also found that with the new glow plugs working, your old glow plug relay could not take the current and melted a post off. I do have to say I am sorry you did not get called when Dave got sick and you should have so I would like to give you two free oil changes for your diesel truck. This will make up for the call you should have got and the second diag. fee.

JIM D. on 12/17/2015
"great service"
Want to thank Bob for getting our vehicle in under short notice.
Vehicle: Kia Optima
Service Date: 12/16/2015
Review Created: 12/17/2015 07:50 PM
MARK M. on 12/15/2015
"Great job"
Thanks for the great job and price,thanks Mike!!!!!!!!
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 12/14/2015
Review Created: 12/15/2015 09:14 PM
SHAYNE O. on 12/14/2015
"Nice people, but car still not fixed."
Have had car in for check engine light twice within two weeks. Each time cost me $500 and now a week later it is on again. I will not be taking it back to them. I think they are great for maintenance items, but won't be taking anything more serious to them again.
Vehicle: BMW 330Ci
Service Date: 11/22/2015
Review Created: 12/14/2015 08:36 AM
Mike B., owner at Brown's Car Care responded on 12/15/2015

Just got this I will look into it as soon as my men get to work. But right from the top you should not have been charged twice for the troubleshooting of the car and we will refund that money. We installed an after-market Mass air flow sensor from Bosh and on some BMW's they don't work so well. Please let us take another look at it at no charge and I will get to the bottom of it. The week your car came in both Bob and I were on vacation hunting together for the first time in 5 years. So what I am saying is the A team was not there, we are back now so let us take a look, we would not have put after-market parts on this car for the reason stated above.

NORM A. on 12/12/2015
"Service"
Always the best service and advice.. thanks
Vehicle: Lincoln Zephyr
Service Date: 12/10/2015
Review Created: 12/12/2015 09:50 AM
TODD D. on 12/10/2015
"Volvo"
Fast friendly and no over charging.
Vehicle: Volvo XC70
Service Date: 12/08/2015
Review Created: 12/10/2015 04:52 AM
STEVE D. on 12/07/2015
"Transmission seal"
My review of my 12/2 visit is pending an expected a call back with information. My prior experiences were great. Last year, oil on driver floor-mat came from transmission, up through speedo cable and into car. I was told a tranny vent was clogged, so they cleaned it and seemed ok until now (1 year later). Oil came inside again dripping onto my foot. I was charged $70 for last week's visit and told vent was cleaned. However, when I drove away the oil came inside again. I called back, the man said the tranny is over pressurizing and there's nothing he could do, that I'll need a transmission shop. I called Transmedic in Gresham, OR (rebuilt tranny 2 yrs ago for $1500). He knew exactly what it was. He said the seal is bad where speedo enters transmission. The tranny is automatic. What's on my floor mat is not tranny fluid, not oil, but differential fluid warning me to be careful about the level. He said its easy to fix. I called Brown's again. He said the guy who worked on it woulnd't be in until Sunday. I asked if seal issue could be readdressed? If this is the case, I would hope most of my $70 would apply adding cost of parts/seal and alittle more install time. I live in Olympia so I have to arrange rides etc. I'll rate in the middle for now and followup when issue is resolved. The car's been parked since last week. I have referred you to others. Hope to hear from you soon.
Vehicle: Toyota Tercel
Service Date: 12/03/2015
Review Created: 12/07/2015 07:05 PM
Mike B., owner at Brown's Car Care responded on 12/08/2015

Did you bring it back in on Sunday for us to look at?  Your transmission has two vents one for the transmission and one for the diff. case. There are no seals that keep fluid from going up the cable, there is a seal on the speedo gear that keeps fluid from leaking out of the diff. where the cable goes in. If the vents are clear and they can't keep up with the pressure made by the diff. then you have a transmission issue that we can not help you with and as Bob told you it would need to go to a transmission re-builder to repair. When it over-pressurizes it will push fluid up the cable assy and drip on the floor this is what the vents are for, but if they are clean and can't keep up then you have an internal issue. We were told by you that the engine and transmission were under warranty if we start doing other repairs to this transmission it will void your warranty. That is why we asked you to bring it back in on Sunday for us to take a second look at it. This is the same thing I tried explaining to you when you asked me on the 2nd, what keeps plugging up the vent? That being said you can bring it in on any Sunday through Wed. it will take about 35 to 40 min. to check the vents again. We have never in 20 years charged to take a second look at something we worked on.

Jerry T. on 12/05/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Best Mercedes service in this county"
We have had a Chevy pickup, a 96 Mercedes 190E, a Mercedes CLK coupe, a Mercedes 230K sedan, and a Mercedes ML350, serviced by Brown. This repair shop is dependable, accurate, and honest. I found this shop five going on six years and highly recommend them.
Service Date: 12/05/2015