Review for Buddy's Auto Repair
MARY C. on 08/17/2014
"ok"
Its a good place if you are looking to spend most of your money on labor. The parts they use are good but in my opinion they over charge in labor. And even the staff is polite and does try to hell you $$$,I still feel like I got worked out of my money by the staff using reversed psychology and telling me if you dont do it now, and accident can happen, if you wait dont use the car because it will be worse. Got a second opinion by a different mechanic shop and they even told me it wasnt as bad, as they made it seem. But for each its own.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Galant
Service Date: 08/16/2014
Review Created: 08/17/2014 08:10 PM
BUDDY H. at Buddy's Auto Repair responded on 08/19/2014

MS. CANTORAN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEW, ALTHOUGH NOT GOOD. I HOPE I`M ABLE TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND OUR POSITION. YES, WE ARE IN BUSINESS. AFTER 30 PLUS YEARS AND 4 THOUSAND CUSTOMERS, SOMEONE IS BOUND TO BE UNHAPPY FOR SOME REASON. WE DO NOT PRACTICE SCARE TACTICS TO GAIN SALES, WE TELL IT LIKE IT IS WITH INTEGRITY. I AM CERTIFIED BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA IN BRAKES, THE GENTLEMAN WHO TOLD YOU THE BRAKES WERE NOT BAD I`M SURE IS NOT! I`M ALSO SURE HE DOES NOT PAY FOR WORKERS COMP AND OR LIABILITIE COVERAGE AND ALL THE NECESSARY EXPENSENSE TO MAINTAIN A 5 STAR FACILITY LIKE ME. BRAKES AND TIRES ARE A SERIOUS ISSUE NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. NOT JUST YOURS, BUT PEDESTRIANS WELL BEING ARE AT STAKE. MY LABOR RATE IS $98.50 PER HOUR, YOU AND YOUR VEHICLE WERE ON MY HOIST FOR OVER 3 AND 1/2 HOURS, THE LABOR CHARGED IS GENERATED BY A FLAT RATE MANUAL AND WAS MORE THAN FAIR, I`M SORRY YOU FEEL I`M JUST IN FOR THE MONEY. I DO PLENTY OF CHARITY WORK FOR THE LESS FORTUNATE, PRO BONO. I HOPE YOU TAKE OUR ADVISE AND REPLACE YOUR BALD TIRES AND RENEW YOUR FRONT BRAKES THAT ARE METAL TO METAL, BY A LICENSED FACILITY. I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE NEED TO WORK WITH-IN THERE FINANCES. I HOPE I HAVE EDUCATED YOU AND AM WILLING TO EDUCATE THE MECHANIC AND TRAIN HIM IN BRAKES IF YOU SO DESIRE, HE DID YOU NO FAVOR, BUT ONLY TOLD YOU WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR. IF I CAN ASIST YOU IN ANYWAY DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL.

Buddy Hamblin