Review for Buddy's Auto Repair
Carole P. on 08/22/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Won't go back"
Buddy told me my A/C repair estimate was $450. I brought my car in next day and Eddie told me it would be about $1300. He said to call back by noon if I wanted it done. I called about noon and said go ahead. About an hr and 1/2 later I said I had changed my mind. He would not give me Buddy's ph# and said since he had already ordered the parts and did the labor that I would have to pay him $400 to get my car back. I offered to pay $200 to cover part of the labor and the diagnostic ($100 charge for that). He ended up giving me a discount ($1084) to replace motor, mode door, blower motor assembly, resistor, air temp. actuator and cabin air filter. He told me the whole system had gone bad because the cabin filter was never replaced (i replaced it about 8 months before). I just think it was unnecessary to replace all these items with totally new items and that he just wanted to take advantage of a person that wasn't very knowledgeable. The fact that Eddie would not compromise and let me have my car back when I changed my mind without me paying $400 1st is the main reason I won't return.
Service Date: 07/25/2014