JIM S. on 05/24/2017
"Honest, Professional, Personalized Service "
We take our vehicles here for the more technical issues that come up from time to time. Cars are very high tech now days so it is important to have a skilled mechanic that understands all the complex systems. Darren is on top of his game and it is obvious that he loves to solve problems.
He finds the real problem and offers solutions based on need of repair and cost of repair. However, never compromising the safety of the vehicle or its driver.
Darren and his team are rare find, their honesty and integrity offers a peace of mind in a very complicated and suspicious industry.
Jim Silveria
Satisfied customer
Vehicle: Toyota Highlander
Service Date: 05/18/2017
Review Created: 05/24/2017 05:41 AM
Darren S. at D & J Auto Doctors responded on 05/25/2017

Thank you so much for that kind e-mail response, I will make sure Darren sees that his hard and sometimes painful work does not go unappriciated.

MORRIE G. on 05/23/2017
"Darrin & Denise run a top notch business"
honest work...customer is informed on every detail
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 05/19/2017
Review Created: 05/23/2017 05:02 PM
DAISY M. on 05/16/2017
"Daisy M"
This is an excellent shop. Very honest and great price. If you are in the area stop by and check them out customer service is amazing.
Service Date: 05/15/2017
Review Created: 05/16/2017 09:02 PM
MEL S. on 04/28/2017
"A wonderful family spirit that produces great results. Very high caliber work and service, always with a friendly attitude."
Top notch shop and the best quality people! I know as I am a tough New Yorker, and Darren & Denise are the BEST!
Vehicle: BMW 318ti
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 04/28/2017 05:59 PM
DIANE R. on 04/24/2017
"Catalytic converter"
Seems to be working ok, heard some rattling going on at first but 5 days in seems to be ok.
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 04/24/2017 05:40 AM
MARY BETH P. on 04/15/2017
"Their personal care"
I can't say how much I LOVE THIS PLACE : ) My lovely Honda didn't want to show me my mileage when I started up my car so I stopped by unannounced and Darren took care of the problem in no time flat! This is why I WILL NEVER take my lovely Honda to anyone else. He has done all the maintenance on her from day one and will continue to do so, THANK YOU so much for being there you are appreciated.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 04/10/2017
Review Created: 04/15/2017 11:15 AM
CARROLL C. on 04/09/2017
"Big truck, big job"
Our truck was leaking fluid so I called D&J's and they told me to bring it in. Looked at it Friday morning and found the big problem. They worked on it all day but could not finish. They are closed on Saturday, however, knowing that we needed it back by Monday, they finished it on Saturday. They rock!!!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Pickup
Service Date: 04/08/2017
Review Created: 04/09/2017 07:28 AM
JOHN P. on 04/08/2017
"Service, knowledge and experience"
As always the BEST service!!!
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 04/06/2017
Review Created: 04/08/2017 02:14 PM
LINDA H. on 04/01/2017
"Excellent, as Always!"
D & J Auto Doctors is an excellent place to have your car serviced if you're looking for a professional, fair, friendly, excellent work place. I have taken my last 3 cars there and have never had a bad experience. They are great!
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 03/31/2017
Review Created: 04/01/2017 12:05 AM
RICK B. on 03/23/2017
"Air Condition"
Over all very happy with the honest service here.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 03/21/2017
Review Created: 03/23/2017 10:55 AM
DIANE R. on 03/17/2017
"Complete check up and Oil change."
Staff is very friendly, job done is great, never unhappy with bringing my car to D & J Auto Doctors.
Service Date: 02/17/2017
Review Created: 03/17/2017 10:07 AM
ROBERTA G. on 03/11/2017
"Honest fast and very friendly "
I like that they send me friendly reminders when to get things done to my car. And when they see that something needs to be done they nicely recommend to get it done NOT high pressure!!
Vehicle: Nissan Rogue
Service Date: 03/09/2017
Review Created: 03/11/2017 06:20 PM
CRYSTAL H. on 03/01/2017
"The fast and friendly service."
I have had my car worked on a couple of times here and have received great service. When it comes to getting a part that I may need it hets gets ordered right away if possible, I will be going back for future repairs.😊
Vehicle: Chevrolet S10 Blazer
Service Date: 02/28/2017
Review Created: 03/01/2017 11:08 PM
Darren S. at D & J Auto Doctors responded on 03/02/2017

thanks Cyrstal for the positive feedback. Always nice to hear we are doing a good job.

DIANE R. on 02/14/2017
"Always seem to work me in at any given time or give an estimate when you can, and very friendly atmosphere! :)"
Yes in fact some friends gave my daughter and son-in-law a car and I hope they will bring it in and have you check it all out for them!
Service Date: 02/13/2017
Review Created: 02/14/2017 10:09 PM
Darren S. at D & J Auto Doctors responded on 02/21/2017

Thanks Diane, we do our best.

DAISY M. on 01/27/2017
"Daisy G. Martinez"
I reverently stop by D&J Auto shop to have my car checked for oil and tire rotations. Dave is a very honest man and explain very clearly that my car was not up for an oil change yet. I appreciate him being honestly. I would recommend this shop to everyone.
Service Date: 01/26/2017
Review Created: 01/27/2017 01:05 PM
JIM R. on 01/20/2017
"Amazing service and Knowledge"
I had an oil leak on my Nissan Exterra. I had been told it would be a costly repair and difficult to diagnose. At D & J Auto Doctors they were able to determine the cause quickly and also made the repairs quickly. Their knowledge of vehicles was awesome. Their prices were fair and their customer service was above par. It was excellent service all around and I would recommend D & J Auto Doctors to anyone. I will be taking all of my vehicle repairs to them.
Vehicle: Nissan Xterra
Service Date: 01/17/2017
Review Created: 01/20/2017 02:24 PM
Darren S. at D & J Auto Doctors responded on 02/21/2017

Jim, thanks for the nice review, we hope to be of more help in the future too.

MATT A. on 01/19/2017
"Honesty,Integrity, Quailty "
Finally found a honest family run automotive repair place...the are capable of working on just about anything and are very transparent on the costs involved and the best options that work ....
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 01/17/2017
Review Created: 01/19/2017 03:37 PM
LINDA H. on 01/13/2017
"Honest and professional"
Honest and professional this has been my auto service of choice four years because they are so honest, friendly, and professional and never take advantage of the situation of the service needed. I'm a single senior citizen woman and it would be so easy for me to be taken advantage of and I always feel they do whatever is best at the most reasonable rates they can provide. I highly recommend D & J Auto Doctor to anyone.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 01/11/2017
Review Created: 01/13/2017 12:11 PM
Darren S. at D & J Auto Doctors responded on 02/21/2017

Linda, thank you so much for the honest review.

ED D. on 01/11/2017
"Reputation"
My last experience with D and J auto was not what it usually is.
I came in with 2 issues on my truck. At the end of the day , I get and pay the bill.
While driving home , I noticed that one of the issues was not fixed.
I came back to have it fixed , I get and pay the bill.
After analyzing the situation , 2 mistakes were made.

Mistake #1:
When I explained in detail what the issues were , to the girl in the office.
After reviewing the receipt , I noticed , that one of the details was missing .
It just so happens to be the main one!
(No mention of the noises coming from my STEERING systeme)

Mistake #2:
How else was the mechanic supposed to know other than test driving it?
Witch he did not do even dough that was one of the tasks I had asked to have done in order to pinpoint the problem.
That request clearly shows on the receipt.
Darren told me he did not test drive the vehicle , the first time around.

In my line of work , I do right by the customers!
If I make a mistake , It comes out of my pocket , not the customers!
I understand we are all human and making mistakes is part of being human.
What I don't understand is that I got billed for D and J's mistakes.
This accorance is unlike D and J's reputation but It did happen.
There is always room and time to correct those mistakes.
My telephone number is 760 213 6463
Right now , at this point I don't know if I would recommend D and J auto to my freinds unless there is an effort being made to correct those mistakes by way of telephone. So I will check the no button on this query , but it's only temporary (I hope). Same goes for the rating!.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 12/15/2016
Review Created: 01/11/2017 10:33 AM
Darren S. at D & J Auto Doctors responded on 01/13/2017

Ed, we are sorry you felt cheated in some way. But in defense of Leah missing details, the very first sentence was, 1)"customer complaint of steering making clunking noise........... 2)customer complaint of vehicle making more and more noise as truck is moving in reverse.....
test drive first, inspect and advise........
Darren did not test drive, but Brandon did before any work was done. He heard obvious noise from brakes that had to be dealt with first to eliminate that noise, so any further noise could be heard. The steering linkage was also obviously worn out too. We also showed you the steering rack moving and told you bushings needed to be replaced and the parts would have to ordered. The noise was intermittant, as you came by at least 3 times, and couldn't duplicate the noise each time. So if you still have noise after everything was repaired, we appologize. We have tried calling you and you do not return our call.

TRISH M. on 01/08/2017