Latest Review about 1 month ago

KL
KEVIN L.
03/22/2021
Honest business
Every time we get our cars done it's always satisfying results, my daughter and her family goes to D & J too.

BRIGETTE S.
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
03/17/2021
Trusted business
I always feel like Darren and Denise have my back. These days that is a treasure that I appreciate more than ever. Love these guys!
Need a great small shop mechanic, go to them! You won’t be sorry!

CT
CHRIS T.
Vista, CA
Chevrolet Astro Passenger
02/22/2021
Always thorough and very personable!
Darren is one of the most knowledgeable mechanics I have ever known, he has abilities in all auto related aspects and truly cares about his work. Denise is the most thorough office manager I have experienced, she knows exactly what has been performed on the vehicles serviced.

DARRELL B.
02/04/2021
A very special family operated auto maintenance and repair shop.
We have a 2001 Subaru Forester we purchased new , living in Lake Arrowhead when we retired.
We limited ourselves to this one car for economical reasons and the terrain of our location.
After 5 years we moved down the mountain for medical reasons to Oceanside.
After trying several auto repair shops in the area I asked my brother-in-law who he would
recommend and he recommended D&J Auto Doctors.
That was probably about 13 years ago and we now have 133,000 miles on it and after numerous
major repairs as well as regular maintenance visits, we’re still able to enjoy our car.
Thank you for your expertise and providing rides home during major repairs which took more
than a day plus other benefits.

ROD B.
Chrysler 200
01/16/2021
Denise and Darren always provide great service

SR
SHAWNA R.
Chevrolet Suburban
12/06/2020
Always great service from an open and honest business!!!!

BRIGETTE S.
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
12/02/2020
Feel like family
Darren & Denise are so reliable, personable and feel like family. I always feel like they have my back. One less thing to worry about. Hard to find trustworthy mechanics, I feel like I scored in finding this shop. You won’t go wrong if you choose to go here. Thx guys again for great service.

RAY B.
11/29/2020
20 plus years of service from D & J
We have had several vehicles over the years in serviced by D &J. Darren and Denise have ALWAYS done a great job.

LH
LEN H.
Lexus SC 430
11/19/2020
Outstanding service and automotive knowledge.
Outstanding service and Automotive knowledge!
Darren goes the Extra Mile to ensure customer satisfaction.

BA

BOB A.
Vista, CA
Chevrolet Camaro
10/07/2020
Customers service is Awesome!!!!!!
Professional

SA
SHERI A.
MEXICO
09/30/2020
They bent over backwards to work within my budget & get the work done right
They stayed within my budget, even though there were multiple complications with the repair (not dealing with the mechanic but with unavailable parts).
I always drive away knowing that my car will work well and keep me safe on the road.
A courteous and caring mechanic, well priced, doing the job in a timely manner. It doesn't get any better than that.

Nissan Pathfinder
09/29/2020
Excellent service!
Great group of people that takes care of you.

PK
PETER K.
San Marcos, CA
09/16/2020
90,000 miles on my 2004 RAM 2500
You did a great job. My headlights are perfectly adjusted. Thanks.

RJ
ROBERT (BOB) J.
Kia Spectra
08/31/2020
KIA
Very disappointed to have spent so much of your time and my money with no positive result. Hoping all is not lost and you can source an appropriate computer, or develop another solution.
Darren S. from D & J Auto Doctors responded on 08/31/2020

Mr. Josephson, Firstly I am sorry your vehicle with over 200k had so many problems. Your money spent was for replacing the AC evaporator which meant removing the entire dash and air box to remove and install a new evaporator just to hold freon. A properly working AC system will not work if there is no freon in it. Your sysytem was completely empty. It now hold freon the way it is suppose to. Secondly once the AC sytem was filled it would not start up due to the MAIN ECM not sending a signal to the compressor through the compressor relay. There was no way to know this untill the AC system was able to hold freon.
I spent an extra (uncharged) amount of time personally, not charging you, to find and diagnose this problem. For you to say you are disappointed after spending the amount of money and rating me the way you did is insinuating that you think I did not do my job. Lets not forget you vehicle has over 200k miles, and the fact that I'm not the manufacturer, nor am I the one who has worn this vehicle out. I did not cause these problems, I'm, only trying to find the problem and repair your vehicle, which was a double problem, now needing a computer. This was /is not a normal situation. I am disappointed that you feel the way you do, especially after all I have done. Darren

Darren S. from D & J Auto Doctors responded on 09/15/2020

Bob, I hope the outcome of this very stressful job, ended in a positive for you. We sure were glad when everything worked out.