Deerfield Tire Co

Reviews (541)

rating 4.6193066rating 4.6193066rating 4.6193066rating 4.6193066rating 4.6193066

Recommend?

Deerfield, IL 60015-4904
(847) 945-9550
Latest Reviews for Deerfield Tire Co
Headlight Change - 1994 Nissan
From the moment I walked in to the time I left the staff was very professional. Everything was extremely neat and clean. They said it would take 15 minutes to complete the job and it did.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Review Created: 10/25/2013 07:02 AM
rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4
Oil Change
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Review Created: 10/25/2013 06:46 AM
Installation of new tires
Thanks Garrett and his crew. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Service was great. One question I have, was I suppose to get a manual about the tires bought and info about the warranty?
Vehicle: Chevrolet Camaro
Service Date: 10/24/2013
Review Created: 10/24/2013 08:20 PM
rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1
LEWIS K. on 10/24/2013
Took way to long
Not pleased, your service took way to long and it was not done correctly. I had to take the care to my dealer for further work on the same problem. I'm considering calling the BBB.
Vehicle: Lexus GS 350
Review Created: 10/24/2013 04:56 AM
Garrett G. at Deerfield Tire Co responded on 10/29/2013

As I stated on the phone today when you came in to our shop yesterday morning without an appointment with your tire light on and not knowing what was wrong with your tire my staff provided you the option to fill your tire back up and check it later or take it apart and check now and you choose to have it checked now. We immediately took a technician off the car he was working on to get yours done right away for you and he completed it and you left our building with the job completed in 45 minutes as time stamped on your ticket. In addition your tire light was now off as indicated on your invoice. You stated today to me on the phone the tire light has not returned back on since. Based on that it seems like we were successful in solving your tire light and leak problem as requested since the tire light would come on again if the air pressure is lost or is incorrect. In addition my staff indicated you watched the entire process through our customer-viewing window, which you confirmed with me on the phone today that you did. I also asked you if the technician was diligently doing his job on your car and you confirmed he was not messing around and he provided your car service from start to finish with no delay until he was done. Which reaffirms the time we needed to complete the job was the exact time needed with no delay to get this job done correctly for you. I am sorry again for your dissatisfaction I realize many people are in a hurry and we do the best we can to accommodate everyone’s needs. However the job has to be done correctly and to do this sometimes more time is needed than the customer realizes. We will continue to try and express this to the customer in order to create the proper expectations. Thank you again for your business.

LIZ O. in Deerfield, IL on 10/23/2013
friendly, fast, reliable
Good experience
Vehicle: Lexus IS 250
Service Date: 10/22/2013
Review Created: 10/23/2013 08:16 PM
rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3
Recommended?
Prices are good, but they upsell you every way they can!
They are too cheap to turn the heat on when it is 40 degrees out! They did do good work, but up charged me to replace my TPMS when it wasn't needed.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 10/22/2013
Review Created: 10/22/2013 08:52 PM
Garrett G. at Deerfield Tire Co responded on 10/23/2013

Thank you for your business and speaking with me this morning. As I stated when we came in yesterday we found our thermostat for our showroom heater was not working correctly and unfortunately we could not get repair man in until the afternoon, which it was repaired after you left. We apologize for your inconvenience.
In regards to your TPMS system kits. This is not an upsell, this is the law and required by the manufacture that makes the sensor. We are following the guidlines provided by the congress of the United states in the tread act which was enacted in 2000. The sensor manufacture states any time the tire is removed and or replaced a new service kit must be reinstalled. This is in order to prevent corrosion of this electrical conducting device in addition to the deterioration of the rubber seal that is subject to extreme temperatures and over time will crack and create a leak causing a safety problem as well as damage to your tires.. You and your families safety as my customers along with my business, staff and their families are to important to me to not do it the right way and take a short cut. I would rather not sell you tires at all than to forgo provideing this government required safety service.
Thank you for your business and feedback.
Garrett

Knowledgeable, courteous staff
I could have gotten about the same price elsewhere, but not the same customer focused treatment. The staff was very knowledgeable, they did what they said, answered all of my questions, etc. etc. Who doesn't like to be treated this way?
Vehicle: Subaru Legacy
Service Date: 10/21/2013
Review Created: 10/21/2013 08:30 PM
rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4rating 4
LEE L. on 10/09/2013
lube, air filter and tire rotation
work done well, on time at price quoted
Vehicle: Hyundai Genesis
Service Date: 10/08/2013
Review Created: 10/09/2013 12:13 PM
CLIFF L. in Chicago, IL on 10/06/2013
Had a new tire put on without a lot of hassel
Dropped the car off in the morning because it had a nail in the tire. Tire was replaced and they did a good job.
Vehicle: Oldsmobile Alero
Service Date: 10/03/2013
Review Created: 10/06/2013 07:48 AM
helen h. in Glencoe, IL on 10/04/2013
Brakes Checked Free with Oil Change
I was told by 2 mechanics at Firestone that the brake fluid was extremely dirty on my 2005 Impala Chevy. I was grateful for this information.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Vehicle: Chevrolet Equinox
Service Date: 09/29/2013
Review Created: 10/03/2013 11:20 AM
Highlt Recommended
Awsome Service! Very Fast / Reasonably Priced. Friendly!
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz ML350
Service Date: 09/29/2013
Review Created: 10/02/2013 04:22 PM
Recommended?
Always pleasant to wait there. Pleasant helpers
Great
Vehicle: Saturn SL2
Service Date: 09/30/2013
Review Created: 10/02/2013 06:52 AM
Friendly and reliable
I've been going to Deerfield Tire Co for 12 years. They have always friendly and reliable. Whenever they recommend additional maintenance, they always provide a clear explanation and what the work will cost. I won't take my cars anywhere else.
Vehicle: Pontiac G6
Service Date: 09/24/2013
Review Created: 09/26/2013 07:52 AM
great quick service
Guys did everything really quick and pointed out some problems that i have to address. very knowledgable and attentive. definitely coming back
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 09/23/2013
Review Created: 09/25/2013 08:38 PM
Outstanding Service!
The service was outstanding. Everyone of the employees were great.
Everyone one of my vehicles are worked on here.
Thank you.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 09/16/2013
Review Created: 09/17/2013 08:20 PM
Always terrific
You do great work. I am always treated nicely by everyone and I always know that the work will be terrific. Thank you.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Blazer
Service Date: 09/10/2013
Review Created: 09/12/2013 08:39 PM
Recommended?
Jeff is very informative and thoughtful.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 09/08/2013
Review Created: 09/10/2013 07:57 AM
rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1rating 1
Recommended?
I was not too pleased.....
i was pleased to find a local business in deefield that could work on my car....but was not pleased being over sold on 4 tires when i only needed one....over sold on lug nuts at 9 dollars a piece when they only cost 34 for a set of 20 and it only needed 2....i was told i need all 20 replaced....when questioned why a 30 dollar item was going to cost me 180 to put in....he said it cost money for labor....there was a condesending way i was being talked to....the total bill for simple repirs was 2200 dollars....i got it done at another shop for 1200 from a top rated company on yelp and angies list. i surely want to support my local businesses in deerfield but the idea that people in the north shore have so much money....they will pay anyone anything....is a poor attitude. everyone was very nice in this place...i just found the sales tactics of this particular guy to be so far off base....sure i would go back and find out how much tires might cost....but just know i am an educated buyer who researches out prices and has a pretty good idea of the neccesary costs of maintaining a car.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 08/31/2013
Review Created: 09/02/2013 06:14 AM
Garrett G. at Deerfield Tire Co responded on 09/06/2013

Thank you for your review.I am sorry you were not satisfied. I tried calling you multiple times and left messages and left my cell phone number for you in order to review our quote and discuss your experience and unfortunately recieved no response back from you.
We are very proud of our excellent prices and value and as you can see by the other customers reviews here they feel the same.
So I was shocked at your review, and I called 3 other repair facilities here in Deerfield on your 95 jeep wrangler and our quote we gave you is right in line with theirs. I am not sure how after picking up your car from us on sunday of the labor day weekend you were able to take your car on that sunday or labor day as you stated you did, to a place that was open and could get parts to repair your car. Being in business here for 40 years I know All the reputable parts stores in the Deerfield area and they were closed as of saturday afternoon for the holiday.
We only use new quality parts and we only have ASE certified mechanics doing our work. In addition we did not go in to business to be the cheapest repair facility in the world. Our goal is to provide the best quality service we can with the best quality parts we can at the best price we can while also providing you a warranty.
In our reccomendations to our customers we always lean to our customers safety first, the finale decision is always up to you. I would ask you to consider the following: In regards to your lugnuts price, You have hollow cheap tin capped lugnuts that over the winter rust and swell to the point you can't even get a lug wrench on the lugnut to take it off or properly tighten it. Instead of putting the same poor quality type lugnut back on your car we were suggesting a lugnut that would not cause these type of problems. Yes they are much more expensive initially. However what if you get a flat on the side of the road and cannot take the lugnut off? What if you go in for a tire rotation or other repair and the lugnut is swollen and frozen and requires additional labor costs and expense to remove it as we experienced with the ones you have? What if because the lugs are so swollen the tech cannot tighten them completely and the tire falls off while your daughter is driving? In our opinion your overall end costs would be far more than just initially putting a quality part on in the first place and eliminateing the possibility of this problem.
I again thank you for your time and review.
Garrett Garofolo

Accomodating
Put my own tire on when they were out of stock.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 08/28/2013
Review Created: 08/31/2013 05:18 PM
0 out of 5

Click a star to enter your rating. 5 stars is the highest.
What makes the place so great (or not) in just a few words.
format mm/dd/yyyy
About You
We only ever display the first letter of your last name.
Your email address is never published on our website. This is for verfication purposes.
By clicking on the button, you agree to the Terms of Service
Send a Message