Deerfield Tire Co

Reviews (612)

rating 4.6061123rating 4.6061123rating 4.6061123rating 4.6061123rating 4.6061123

Recommend?

Deerfield, IL 60015-4904
(847) 945-9550
Latest Reviews for Deerfield Tire Co
Recommended?
Convenient, Workmen were knowledgable and nice
I was impressed. Would be great if they had rental car to use if necessary like I would get if I went to the dealer.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz GLK350
Service Date: 05/03/2014
Review Created: 05/05/2014 08:13 AM
Recommended?
They are nice pepole working there and fast!
Good service!
Vehicle: Lexus RX 350
Service Date: 05/02/2014
Review Created: 05/03/2014 09:40 PM
Verified by SureCritic
PAT R. in Chicago, IL on 05/02/2014
Great Service - Good Prices
It's hard to trust mechanics, but they are very straightforward & explain all fixes in detail. They don't force you into paying for something that isn't needed.
Vehicle: Cadillac CTS
Service Date: 04/29/2014
Review Created: 05/02/2014 07:20 AM
Good Customer Relations, not so good prices
Jeff was helpful and attentive. Called with estimate very quickly. Tire prices were >15% higher than on-line prices.
Vehicle: Smart Fortwo
Service Date: 04/26/2014
Review Created: 04/28/2014 04:17 PM
Garrett G. at Deerfield Tire Co responded on 05/02/2014

Thank you for your business and sorry you were unable to respond to my attempts to contact you by phone. I am glad geof provided quick and prompt service and all repairs went well.
Unfortunately the special size tires that go on your smart car I do not carry or stock. It is a very special tire and size and fits nothing else made. I had to purchase them from a ditributer and then sell to you. I was about $10.00 per tire more expensive than internet. However you did not need to try and put 4 tires in your smart car after you picked them up at ups and bring somewhere for install. My installation prices are cheaper than most so you would have also lost some of your savings there as well. I also provide free tire rotations and balance, the internet does not. I provide free alignment inspections and reduced alignment prices for my tire buying customers,the internet does not. I am here local supporting our town and community,the internet does not, I am here with you paying taxes for your schools, streets and sidewalks,the internet does not. I am here local if you get a flat and provide other sevices for you,the internet cannot. I feel the modest profit i made on those tires along with all the extra services we provide for you is well worth the extra $40.00 dollars in overall cost to you the customer over buying them on the internet.

Personal service
I had some after market suspension installed and I was very skeptical about the outcome. The Deerfield Tire staff made me feel at ease. The mechanic who did the install was very helpful and understanding of my needs. He spent time explaining how the suspension works and made sure I did not leave until I was satisfied!!!!!
Vehicle: Kia Optima
Service Date: 04/21/2014
Review Created: 04/23/2014 05:36 PM
rating 2rating 2rating 2rating 2rating 2
Overcharged
They did everything well, I just overpaid by at least $200.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 04/15/2014
Review Created: 04/17/2014 12:42 PM
Garrett G. at Deerfield Tire Co responded on 05/02/2014

We ar glad everything in our repair was perfect. Our number one goal is to provide excellent auto repair at the most economical price we can. We feel doing so is provideing high value for our customers. we do this while we make a modest profit so we can stay in business. Our goal is not to be the cheapest around. The cheapest anything is just that, cheap. I checked all the prices you paid against the local car dealer and we are lower. I called 2 local repair facilities and we were slightly lower on one and same price as other. Not sure where you are comparing your prices at but anyone can always do it cheaper. You could have done it much cheaper buying the parts yourself and installing them in your garage for sure. However that comes with no warranty, along with cheap parts and most likely an inexperienced installer. Thats comparing an apple to an orange.
We shop our prices regularly and based on our feedback for the last 41 years we have been here, 97 percent of our customers feel we charge a very fair and competive price as do we.

Battery replacement
Friendly, competent, and prompt
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 04/16/2014
Review Created: 04/17/2014 06:27 AM
Alignment service - 2011 Camaro
Adam did a great job aligning my 2011 Camaro. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Camaro
Service Date: 04/15/2014
Review Created: 04/15/2014 09:18 PM
service consistent overt he last 20 years
great service people over the years, competitive prices & convienent.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 04/14/2014
Review Created: 04/15/2014 12:43 PM
First-class service!
This is the place to go for fast, efficient, superb service. James (the manager) went out of his way to make sure that my car was ready to go as soon as possible, and provided an all-around excellent service. Thank you!
Service Date: 04/11/2014
Review Created: 04/15/2014 08:43 AM
Customer service
Fast service!
Vehicle: Acura RSX
Service Date: 04/10/2014
Review Created: 04/11/2014 05:13 AM
Comprehensive
One concern was that work may have been duplicated. Car had a full tune up in Sept last year by another shop. DTC redid much of that work, replacing wires, rotor, dist cap, plugs. This was an unneeded expense added to an already pricy job. They should have recognized that these parts had <5K miles on them and not suggested to my partner (who did not know car had had tuneup recently) that they be replaced.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 04/08/2014
Review Created: 04/09/2014 06:01 AM
Improvement
rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3
Good Experience
Garrett went out of his way to ensure my trust with Deerfield Tire Co. I appreciate the extra steps he took to look over my car and make sure everything was done properly. I feel much better now about my experience and would continue to recommend the company to my friends and co-workers. Thank you for fixing the situation.
rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3rating 3
Good location
Deerfield Tire Co. is in a central location in Deerfield. I went for a VIP oil change and they did not perform the extras that were included. They didn't even put a mileage reminder sticker for my next oil change. No vacuuming, no fluid fills, what else?
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 04/05/2014
Review Created: 04/07/2014 05:45 AM
Garrett G. at Deerfield Tire Co responded on 04/08/2014

Kelly I am truly sorry we did not deliver on our promise as expected. As I indicated to you today I have issued you a credit for your service. In addition I met with my staff this morning to discuss what happened so our service is consistant as expected. Thank you for the opportunity today to meet you and to provide the service for you correctly. Your business and opinion is very important to us and we thank you for your business and feedback.
Garrett

Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 04/03/2014
Review Created: 04/05/2014 04:25 AM
Recommended?
I needed to change my appt to an earlier date and James squeezed me in which was so helpful to my busy schedule.
The guys not only took my snow tires off and replaced them with the regular tires quickly, they did it efficiently and without a mess.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz E550
Service Date: 04/01/2014
Review Created: 04/02/2014 07:46 PM
Verified by SureCritic
JIM M. in Deerfield, IL on 03/31/2014
New Tires - in-stock and thorough inspection
Tires are expensive no matter where you go. Some stores that offer less expensive models (make sure the model numbers match) don't have them in stock. I have yet to go to Deerfield Tire Company and them have to order tires - they have them in stock.
And, tires were professionally installed and 4-wheel alignment checked and reset after the damaging pothole in Indiana.
Vehicle: Subaru Impreza
Service Date: 03/29/2014
Review Created: 03/31/2014 05:49 PM
In and out in a flash!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Camaro
Service Date: 03/29/2014
Review Created: 03/31/2014 09:30 AM
Dealing with dedicated professionals
Fast and courteous quality service
Vehicle: Nissan Maxima
Service Date: 03/27/2014
Review Created: 03/28/2014 09:05 PM
Great
Great service, honest, and the product was great. I'll be back!
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 03/27/2014
Review Created: 03/28/2014 06:17 AM
0 out of 5

Click a star to enter your rating. 5 stars is the highest.
What makes the place so great (or not) in just a few words.
format mm/dd/yyyy
About You
We only ever display the first letter of your last name.
By clicking on the button, you agree to the Terms of Service
Send a Message