Heights Mobil Car Care

Review for Heights Mobil Car Care
AMHAD M. ReScore Review on 11/27/2014
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Highly appreciate resovling in full the problem of tie rods."
I am very thankful to the management of Heights Mobil Car Care Center for eliminating the problem of front wheels rubbing against the chassis when turned to extreme right and left at no additional cost for me.
Vehicle: Kia Spectra
Service Date: 10/23/2014
Review Created: 11/10/2014 10:42 AM

"Replacement parts are not researched thoroughly before placing the order! "
I have been frustrated with replacing the tie rods on my Chrysler P.T. Cruiser Model 2001. The aftermarket parts eliminated the problem of steering wheel slackness, but created the problem of front wheels rubbing against the chassis when they are turned to the extreme right and left. Parts and labor cost me $602,39 and I am very unhappy with this service. I request a resolution to this problem. The chief mechanic should have done a thorough research on parts before placing the order, and later mounting them on the car! The installed aftermarket parts are incompatible!
Vehicle: Kia Spectra
Service Date: 10/23/2014
Review Created: 11/10/2014 10:42 AM
HEATHER MOUZOURAKIS &. at Heights Mobil Car Care responded on 11/22/2014

Mr. Malas,
We are surprised to see your review!   As we have spoken about previously, the dealer does not service or sell the tie rods seperately.  We would have had to purchase the whole rack and pinion with the tie rods.  Your rack and pinion was fine so, in trying to save you an unnecessary expense, we ordered aftermarket.  The aftermarket tie rods we ordered were the same brand the dealer uses, but we discovered they had been redesigned.  When we spoke and explained this to you and asked how you wanted to resolve the slight issue that we were finding, you said you were ok with it because the rack and pinion cost so much more.  You have since been back we have completely resolved the mechanical issue at no cost to you.