Lil' Moe's Garage

Latest Review over 2 years ago

Austin H. on 04/21/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Clutch Assembly - Improper Install"
I strongly do not recommend these guys despite all the raving reviews, and in turn suggest anyone that has had a great initial experience and ended up with future problems to get a second opinion, as they come off as a great team but in my experience below ended up being a very poor choice -

I took my car in to have my clutch installed with aftermarket parts, in which they did so. The clutch kept having issues with pressure and they recommended I change the master and slave cylinder, which were also done with aftermarket parts. After installing these parts, I still had issues with the clutch pedal maintaining its pressure. The entire system also had a strange rattle during neutral that sounded like as if there were rocks rotating around and around. I dealt with this for over a year and a half afterwards off of the assumption that it was just "how it is" as they could not fix the issue.

Fast forward to recently. I took my car to another mechanic in which they quickly recognized the problem. All the aftermarket parts that were installed in my car were not only done improperly, but were not suited for my clutch as it involved removing a number of hoses that were important. I had to repurchase a stock slave and master cylinder, along with an entire new transmission due to the possibility that the install destroyed the transmission. This entire fix cost me $3000. My clutch and transmission now maintains pressure, has no rattling noise, and shifts smooth.

What upsets me the most in all this was not only the waste in time, but essentially that they never came to me to admit they didn't know what they were doing. On top of this, they never gave me the old parts they took out, in which my new mechanic informed me, could possibly have been reused and saved me some money. At what point in the install did it ever occur to them that perhaps they should give the customer options behind what they are asking them to do because essentially what was asked they either could not do, or did not understand?
Service Date: 10/01/2013
Review Created: 04/21/2015 08:37 AM
Frank W. on 01/28/2014
Frank said this business is fast. Their price was better than anywhere else. He said Paul Sr and Paul Jr were awesome.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 01/23/2014
Review Created: 01/28/2014
Faith K. on 01/25/2014
"Amazing!"
Super great customer service, and amazing mechanics.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Colorado
Service Date: 01/24/2014
Review Created: 01/25/2014 07:42 PM
Brandon G. on 01/25/2014
Brandon said they are great at this business. They explain everything and their prices are reasonable.
Vehicle: Dodge Charger
Service Date: 01/09/2014
Review Created: 01/25/2014
Joseph A. on 01/24/2014
Joseph said the personnel were awesome in the way they treated him, and he plans to return to have some more work done on some struts.
Vehicle: Buick LeSabre
Service Date: 01/10/2014
Review Created: 01/24/2014
Mark B. on 01/22/2014
Mark said his overall experience was average.
Vehicle: Saturn Ion 3
Service Date: 01/03/2014
Ciera J. on 01/22/2014
Ciera said they were very personable and honest.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 01/08/2014
Matt D. on 01/22/2014
Matt said this business was very helpful. The two guys that he spoke with had excellent customer service. He got estimates from three different businesses and this business was the cheapest and the friendliest. He did not expect the excellent service that he received.
Vehicle: Pontiac G6
Service Date: 01/14/2014
Wes P. on 01/18/2014
"Nothing but spectacular"
Paul and Paully are awesome! Very honest and don't make you spend money you don't need to. I am a loyal customer to Lil moes garage :)
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 01/17/2014
Review Created: 01/18/2014 08:20 PM
Craig E. on 01/13/2014
"Good Value, Friendly Service, Go the extra mile"
Thank you for fixing my serious fuel pump problem demanding your immediate attention, and my nagging door handle problem too.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 01/07/2014
Review Created: 01/13/2014 09:18 AM
Tim L. on 01/13/2014
Tim said they did not do anything he did not like. It was a good experience.
Vehicle: Lexus ES 300
Service Date: 01/09/2014
Review Created: 01/13/2014
Aaron L. on 01/11/2014
Aaron said they were really nice, professional and detailed. The service was superior.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer
Service Date: 12/16/2013
Review Created: 01/11/2014
Jamie K. on 01/08/2014
"Great mechanics great people "
I trust these mechanics completely and am so glad I found them. I tell everyone I have the best mechanics because I do!
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 01/06/2014
Review Created: 01/08/2014 06:54 AM
Denise E. on 01/07/2014
"Thank you!"
Thanks guys for taking care of my car! You are the best! I appreciate you getting us in with late notice and doing everything I needed. I didn't have to go anywhere else! A one stop shop!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Service Date: 01/03/2014
Review Created: 01/07/2014 03:47 PM
Bob S. on 01/03/2014
Bob said he likes this business.
Vehicle: Ford Aerostar
Service Date: 12/23/2013
Review Created: 01/03/2014
Faith K. on 12/28/2013
Faith said they are nice and are really affordable.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Colorado
Service Date: 12/11/2013
Review Created: 12/28/2013
Michael S. on 12/27/2013
Michael said they were very helpful. They even took him in the back and showed him what was wrong with his vehicle.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 12/16/2013
Review Created: 12/27/2013
Shannon N. on 12/12/2013
"Excellent customer service"
Their knowledge and experience is unmatched. They go above and beyond what is asked. And they care about their customers.
Vehicle: Chevrolet RV Cutaway
Service Date: 11/16/2013
Review Created: 12/12/2013 02:15 PM
Mike M. on 11/20/2013
Mike said the representative was really helpful. The service was fast and they did not charge him much for the repairs.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 11/11/2013
Review Created: 11/20/2013
Ryan R. on 11/15/2013
"Only place I will go"
This shop is great I drive a lot for work so my truck needs a lot of work and each time I have been to Little Moe's the customer service and quality of work has been excellent! I recommend the shop to all my friends
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe