Peninsula Truck Repair Inc

Mike M. on 07/28/2017
Mike said this business is very professional and polite. He appreciates everything the owner, Sergio, and Bill did. They were all great.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado SS
Service Date: 07/20/2017
Review Created: 07/28/2017
VLADIMIR K. on 07/27/2017
"Vladimir "
Worsted shop at San Jose area
They rebuild and replace poverty steering Nixon international 4300 box truck, charge $2065, and release truck with non working power steering
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz S430
Service Date: 07/26/2017
Review Created: 07/27/2017 06:34 AM
David G. on 06/29/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"UPDATE: Safety inspection, brake job and a mistaken smog check"
I wanted to update my review of PTR service when I complained about being charged for a smog check I didn't want, and learning some troubling news about a rear wheel seal. After I posted my review, Gabriel called to tell me I wouldn't have to pay for the smog check. I told him I didn't think he needed to refund the whole thing, since it was part my fault, but he insisted. It's always a good idea to speak with the owner.

About the rear wheel seal they repaired 5 months earlier and was reported to perhaps be leaking again, Gabe said to bring it in again and he'd reinspect and repair it if necessary. He thought it was probably just some residue leftover from the original. I did bring it in and that was indeed the problem.

Once Gabriel heard about the problem, he did more than enough to make it right. I am happy with their service as well as their customer service.
Service Date: 01/11/2017
Review Created: 06/29/2017 12:48 PM
Mark P. on 06/24/2017
Mark said he would recommend this business for service.
Service Date: 06/12/2017
Review Created: 06/24/2017
Jose C. on 05/18/2017
Jose said this business did a good job.
Vehicle: Ford F-450 Super Duty
Service Date: 05/04/2017
Review Created: 05/18/2017
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 05/22/2017

Mr.  Compos,
Thank you very much for your review.  We love learning about our customers experiance with our services.

BOB H. on 05/10/2017
"Truck maintenance "
Estoy más feliz que un perro con dos colas!
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 05/10/2017
Review Created: 05/10/2017 09:09 PM
Evan M. on 05/09/2017
Evan said the business was really great. They got right on it and got it fixed. It was expensive.
Service Date: 05/04/2017
Review Created: 05/09/2017
Guillermo A. on 04/26/2017
Guillermo said they were not knowledgeable. They didn't do a good job explaining the service, repairs, or damage to his vehicle. He told them that their motto of fast, cheap, and good service contradicts what he experienced. The price for their service was not cheap. Their comment to him was that they are not in competition with anybody, and that they are their own brand.
Vehicle: Chevrolet
Service Date: 04/24/2017
Review Created: 04/26/2017
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 05/01/2017

The customer arrived at our shop with his 1999 Chevrolet W4. This is a medium duty truck with four rear wheels, a.k.a. dually. While driving that day, one of the passenger-side rear tires exploded. He had purchased four new tires and wanted us to balance and install them. We provided an estimate for labor, and the customer consented using his signature.

For this work, the service advisor assigned a technician who has 30+ years experience in the automotive industry, and specializes in heavy-duty diesel truck repairs. After removing the wheels, the technician noted the threads of two passenger-side lugs had been stripped, and informed his supervisor. Surveillance footage shows the service advisor and parts' department manager assessing the situation and, one hour later, the service advisor and customer inspecting the damage. Afterwards, the service advisor provided an estimate for repairs, and the customer requested time to make a decision. Later in the afternoon, the customer came back to PTR declining the repair; for he had found another shop that would complete the work at a lesser price.

On the following day the customer accused PTR of causing the damages to his 18 year old truck, and attempting to avoid culpability. This is an erroneous assertion, and the surveillance footage proves this. Moreover, PTR has been in the automotive business for 40+ years and can easily afford a few hundred dollars in warranty claims should we be at fault.

The comment about PTR's motto is misconstrued. There is a humorous notice in the office, to which the customer is referring, offering the reader to formulate a syllogism using the words: fast, cheap, and good. As many of us know, cheap products are rarely good products. PTR's motto is instead: We just get it done! Lastly, PTR does have competition in the automotive industry, but we do not offer price-matching discounts; nor do we haggle.

Thank you for your attention.

Mike S. on 04/25/2017
Mike said the service was good.
Service Date: 04/05/2017
Review Created: 04/25/2017
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 04/28/2017

Thank you Mike.

Tim K. on 04/25/2017
Tim said the business provided poor service. They didn't call him back and he feels they owe him money.
Service Date: 04/12/2017
Review Created: 04/25/2017
Dana E. on 04/14/2017
Dana said this business was super helpful and friendly.
Vehicle: Ford
Service Date: 04/12/2017
Review Created: 04/14/2017
JIM J. on 03/27/2017
"They did everything they said they would do and more!"
They deserve a 10 out of 10 rating. They did more then they promised, and did it voluntarily, not forced to do it. Their customer service is second to none!!!!
Vehicle: Ford Econoline
Service Date: 03/24/2017
Review Created: 03/27/2017 06:57 PM
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 03/28/2017

Thank you Jim.

Pablo A. on 03/22/2017
Pablo said the business is good and he would recommend them for service.
Vehicle: Ford F550 Super Duty
Service Date: 03/01/2017
Review Created: 03/22/2017
Gabriel A. on 03/22/2017
Gabriel said the personnel at the business did a good job and he was happy.
Vehicle: GMC Sierra
Vehicle: Ford Econoline
Service Date: 03/08/2017
Review Created: 03/10/2017 10:18 AM
Gabriel S., Gm at Peninsula Truck Repair Inc responded on 03/13/2017

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to serve you better.

Emil Z. on 02/24/2017
Emil said the service was good.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 02/17/2017
Review Created: 02/24/2017
Dana E. on 01/30/2017
Dana said this business was timely. They were very helpful and they answered all of his questions. They fixed his vehicle even though it was very old.
Vehicle: Ford
Service Date: 01/24/2017
Review Created: 01/30/2017
Daniel Y. on 01/26/2017
Daniel said the business is better than average but not the best.
Service Date: 01/17/2017
Review Created: 01/26/2017
Kristin J. on 01/25/2017
Kristin said they were good and everything went really smoothly.
Vehicle: Kia Sorento
Service Date: 01/05/2017
Review Created: 01/25/2017
DAVID G. on 01/12/2017
"Safety inspection, brake job and a mistaken smog check"
I brought my 2005 Lazy Daze motorhome in for a safety inspection and 75,000 mile service. I showed George my maintenance book so he could see the items to be done and he made a photocopy. I had a post-it note stuck to the page that said smog check on it attached to the 70,000 mile list just above the 75,000 list on the page. It was there to remind me when I had it done last, but George thought it meant to do it. I never asked him for that service and in fact was told by Gabe last year that PTR didn't even do smog checks for gas engines. So George sent it out to be done for $137.00. If I had needed a smog check, I could have gotten it done for around $90. I see how the mistake was made and think it was both our faults, but George would not negotiate on the price at all. I wouldn't mind paying for it if the certificate would still be good in October when I will need another inspection, but I doubt that it will sill be good. Not happy about that.

George told me the safety inspection revealed I needed new front brakes. I ok'd that repair, but also mentioned that my other rear brake seal was showing signs of beginning to leak. I told him earlier about the last time I was in to replace the driver side brake seal, so I thought he was talking about the passenger side. He said it didn't need replacing now, but needed to be watched. When I arrived to pick up the rig, I saw on the bill that the DRIVER side brake seal was the one showing signs of leaking. This is the one PTR repaired just 5 months and 2,000 miles ago. This makes me a bit worried about the longevity of this seal and where I might be when it does fail, especially since according to the bill, warranty work has to be performed at PTR. It will have to be watched. It seems to me that if it is showing signs of leaking, that's the same as saying it is beginning to fail. I am glad to see it noted on my bill. I asked George about the guarantee on the original repair and didn't really get a clear answer, but reading the bill it looks like 1 year of 12,000 miles.

Overall I like PTR and want to keep coming back, but I did have problems this time around.
Vehicle: Ford E450 Super Duty