Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc.

Overall Rating 3.9166667/5Overall Rating 3.9166667/5Overall Rating 3.9166667/5rating 3.9166667rating 3.9166667
Overall Rating 2.4166667/5Overall Rating 2.4166667/5rating 2.4166667rating 2.4166667rating 2.4166667
Review for Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc.
Jay L. on 04/13/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"One Quart Short, Tried to Gouge Me"
I went in for an oil change, and when I got back in my car, the transmission/powertrain light was on. I asked if they could look at it and they took it back into the garage. After a few minutes, the guy comes out and says that they couldn't pull a diagnostic code, and that I should make an appointment to come back so they can "dig in" to see what is wrong. I took it to a garage across town and he immediately pulled a code saying that I had a faulty solenoid. I feel like Pfefferle was trying to lure me back in for some easy labor money. The other garage said there was no way they could not have gotten a diagnostic code. Seems shady to me. I don't trust Pfefferle and won't be back.
On top of that, I check my fluids the next day and the oil was a quart low AND the cap to the brake fluid reservoir was barely on.
Service Date: 04/03/2015
Review Created: 04/13/2015 11:53 AM
Steve P. at Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 04/14/2015

Hi Jay,

I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us.  I really wish you would have brought it back so we could have filled up your oil if it was low.

As far as the light goes, we used a code reader to check for codes and could not find get any codes that way.  Unfortunately, we did not have time right then to hook one our of major scan tools up to it.  I apologize that we could not get this done right away, but we were not trying to lure you back in, etc...

Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you, thanks,

Chris Pfefferle