Quality Auto Service

Vehicle: Saturn Ion 1
Service Date: 07/03/2015
Review Created: 07/11/2015 11:47 AM

"under review"
This is Robin's son Gary-she brought Ion in because of dead battery-was told she needed new "special battery" and sat at your shop for THREE AND A HALF HOURS" waiting for it (she lives only 1/2 mile away and no shuttle offered!) I will be down there to review details ,cost etc. soon-I want to know more about this so called "special battery and why my 92 yr old mother had to wait 3 1/2 hrs!!!!
Vehicle: Saturn Ion 1
Service Date: 07/03/2015
Review Created: 07/11/2015 11:47 AM
Mike G. at Quality Auto Service responded on 07/13/2015

Hello Gary,
     I am sorry for the grievance in this situation. I do wish you would have contacted me first before the negative one star review for all of the details though. Your mother contacted me right after closing time on July 2nd about her situation and I told her I could fit her in the next morning as we were closing half day because of the holiday. I believe I told her to just send the car down by itself because it was a special order and would take at least a couple of hours to be delivered. The Saturn ION uses an uncommon MT-75V battery due to the fact that it is located in the trunk/passenger compartment and must vent vapors to the outside, thus the "V" for vent in the part number. Before I left the shop I contacted my Interstate battery rep. Carl on his personal cell. He was driving home at the time and told me to call in the morning. When I came in at 8:00 I ordered the battery. Unfortunatly it taking 3 1/2 hours was out of my control. Because one of my techs was off the whole day and the other was buried in work to get out for the holiday I installed the battery myself once it arrived to get her on her was asap. I did give her a $45.00 credit on the battery for pro-rate warranty of 2 1/2 years and a $13 AAA discount. I am so sorry for what happened Gary so please call or come down for any more details that you may need. As you can see, I have almost all 5 star reviews on here and Yelp that should indicate that all of a the customers needs are of the utmost importance to me in my business. Thank you, Michael Garibay- Owner Quality Auto Service.