Reeves Tire & Automotive Joplin

Review for Reeves Tire & Automotive Joplin
TERI C. on 05/15/2014
"Car drives smoother and quieter...but"
I knew I had bought tires fairly recently and asked when the last time was and he said 2010...84,000 miles. Well that didn't add up in my head. After I picked up the car I looked in the glove compartment and found the ticket for the sale of the tires, and there was only 29,000 miles on 40,000 tires. I don't think it should be up to me to evaluate the warranty. It should be in your records and you should say, "wow, you should have gotten more miles on those tires. Let me see what I can do." And why did I get a credit of $12.85 on only two of the tires? I have used Reeves Tires for many, many years. Now I'm not sure whether I will recommend. I'll say yes, but I'm disappointed. : (
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 05/13/2014
Review Created: 05/15/2014 07:16 AM
Michael B., Vice President/Co-owner at Reeves Tire & Automotive Joplin responded on 05/16/2014

Good Afternoon Ms. Carlson!  We appreciate your feedback on your experience at our store.

We have researched your history to gather information from both your purchases so we can respond to your concern and learn from this experience.  We have found that according to our records you received 38,132 miles out of the tires we removed on 5/13/2014.  This information was taken from your receipt #81142 dated 12/22/2010 when the tires were originally put on, the mileage was recorded on that invoice as 86,651; and your receipt #44969 dated 5/13/2014 the date we removed the tires, the mileage recorded on this invoice was 124,783.  I understand from your email this mileage was different from what you had found.  Please let us know if you are finding a discrepancy from the information I gave you in this email.  The tires we removed were rated at 40,000 mile tires.  Please be aware ratings are a rating, which means that is the mileage you should see out of the tires if everything is kept in perfect condition (tire rotations, air pressure, alignment, suspension parts) and under normal driving conditions.  The mileage you received compared to the rating is very good.  The $12.85/tire credit for two tires they have offered to give to you is for the back tires which measured 4/32.  This is not an adjustment discount from the manufacturer, this is a customer satisfaction discount offered from us.  Your tires would not have qualified for an adjustment from the manufacturer.  According to our records the tires we removed had been rotated at our store three times.  We offer free rotations with every tire purchase and these rotations should be done every 5,000 to help extend tire life.

We very much appreciate that you have been a loyal customer over the last several years.  We hope we have explained our position to your satisfaction.  You have a choice where to take your vehicle, and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to continue to service your automotive needs.  If you have any further questions or need further clarification, please call me at the store.   Have a great day!

Kristen Cristy