Riker's Automotive And Tire Centers Inc.

Gregory S. on 04/11/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Chris from Griffins Auto Repair"
This is my 2nd experience working with Chris...He sticks to his quotes and is a pleasure to work with.
Service Date: 04/11/2016
Review Created: 04/11/2016 09:45 AM
Kim S. on 03/17/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"if I could I would put large warning sign on this place"
dropped off truck for service, engine dies when gets hot, vapor lock or cat issues, they did nothing on the truck but give me lip service, out of towners be ware of them, locals all go to the front of the line. and they will wait until last second to look at it maybe.
Service Date: 03/14/2015
Review Created: 03/17/2015 10:06 AM
CHANDA H. on 12/06/2014
"So close. Service is great"
Everything was wonderful. It was my first visit and I will come back. The quote time was off for my oil change. I was quoted 30 minutes and it took 1-1 1/2 hours.
Vehicle: Oldsmobile Alero
Service Date: 11/19/2014
Review Created: 12/06/2014 09:33 AM
Jeff W. on 12/05/2014
"Quick Turnaround on Fuel Pump Replacement"
I cannot speak highly enough for the work done by Riker's to replace the failed fuel pump on my 1999 Mustang GT. I had my car towed into Riker's at 10 PM, first thing the next morning they called me to confirm the fuel pump was bad. A new fuel pump was installed by 3 PM. Perfect service!
Vehicle: Ford Mustang
Service Date: 12/01/2014
Review Created: 12/05/2014 06:41 PM
Keith B. on 12/05/2014
"Your Employees. "
We are new to the area, and this has become our new favorite place to bring our vehicle. The service is great and the prices are reasonable (no, no one paid me to say that lol) Thanks Rikers!
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 11/07/2014
Review Created: 12/05/2014 08:19 AM
The Welborn family W. on 11/30/2014
"Highly recommend"
Short version, daughters Nissan started running rough and check engine light on half way back to college on a Sunday. ( 3 hour drive ) They diagnosed the problem and called me with a simple repair. Could have taken us to the cleaners, but fixed it promptly and had her on her way!!
Service Date: 11/30/2014
Review Created: 11/30/2014 04:21 PM
John F. on 11/14/2014
"poor diagnostics/price gouging/taking advantage of customers"
NOT AT ALL/ they everyone is stupid
Vehicle: Mercury Sable
Service Date: 10/23/2014
Review Created: 11/14/2014 01:48 PM
Ron G. at Riker's Automotive And Tire Centers Inc. responded on 12/03/2014

The Customer requested work done on 10/23/2014. We diagnosed the 2001 Mercury Sable LS, as having a cracked Engine Coolant Water Outlet, where the hose connects to the engine. We quoted a price of $422.32, which included a diagnostic charge, replacement of the part that was cracked, labor to replace the part, and coolant.

We told the customer that it is possible that there will be more issues, due to the nature of the cooling system and it will depend on how hot the car ran. We even printed this warning on his receipt:

"Be advised that if the car has been overheated, that internal damage may have happened to the engine or heads of the engine. The total damage might not be determined until the engine is back in working condition."

On 10/24/2014, he returned with a complaint of overheating. We brought the car in the shop to diagnose why it was overheating. We found that the Water Pump was now leaking. We quoted the work to replace it but we were being told that we had mis-diagnosed the original problem and that we need to repair it for free.

After many discussions, we settled on a reduced price to repair the water pump.

It is common, after a part is replaced in a cooling system that other parts in the system will start to fail, due to age and the stress of being overheated. That is exactly what happened in this case. The weakest point was replaced, which then puts more stress on the other items. After we repaired the part, the car left the shop without any leaks. It took over 50 miles for the water pump to fail.

Bottom Line:

We repaired the car correctly!
The part we repaired did not fail!
We could not see that another part was about to fail
We stand behind our work with a 2 year, 24 month warranty
We gave an extensive discount on the repair of the water pump.

Mark T. on 11/07/2014
"happy with service"
fast and courteous
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 10/31/2014
Review Created: 11/07/2014 12:56 PM
VICTORIA L. on 11/04/2014
"Saturn Vue"
So far the problem seemed to have been fixed. Thanks
Vehicle: Saturn Vue
Service Date: 10/28/2014
Review Created: 11/04/2014 06:44 PM
RACHEL S. on 11/03/2014
"quick service and trustworthy guys!"
i love them :)
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 11/01/2014
Review Created: 11/03/2014 07:42 PM
Sabine B. on 10/18/2014
"great service"
Everything was great. Will definitely come again.
Vehicle: BMW X3
Service Date: 10/17/2014
Review Created: 10/18/2014 07:36 PM
Jeff G. on 10/17/2014
"Great Service and Genuine People"
In prior months I had my 2002 Honda accord serviced at Riker's Automotive for brakes. Recently, I had my oil changed at a local Firestone Dealership and when checking my brakes they were not able to get the Driver's side tire off due to a lug nut being cross threaded and it would be 41 plus dollars to replace the part. I called Riker's and spoke with Sean Davis and he informed me that Riker's would make it right and fixed the issue. They fixed my vehicle right away. In this visit, I noticed that all the folks that work at Riker's go out of their way to make you feel welcomed. The team at Riker's are concerned to make sure you get the right service and not over pay on items that are not necessary and are very genuine when they communicate with customers. Thank you Riker's. In addition, I was supplied with coffee and doughnuts while I waited. I quickly found out that no donut is safe around Sean. Thanks again Riker's for such great service.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 10/10/2014
Review Created: 10/17/2014 03:08 PM
ENGENE S. on 10/15/2014
"Not Great, I feel they took advantage of me."
I had a quote from them for $1,100, with no even a description of what have to be repair and no guarantee that my car will be fixed completely. They charge me $60.00 for the "quote & check up". The next day I went to another mechanic and they fixed my car for $340.00 with the parts, they cleaned the engine, and add freon . I do no recommed this business.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 10/13/2014
Review Created: 10/15/2014 01:13 PM
Ron G. at Riker's Automotive And Tire Centers Inc. responded on 10/16/2014

You complained that the truck overheated in traffic. We found a cracked Intake Manifold. It is over 4 hours to repair including a Flush.
Labor at reputable shop will be more than you paid, not including the parts.
We stand behind our estimate and offer the warranty that most small shops can't afford to offer.
We hope that your repair lasts.

RICHARD Y. on 10/14/2014
"They fix what is wrong and nothing unneeded "
Very nice place to get service done the shop is clean All Repair work is expanded and the Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable
Vehicle: Saturn Ion 1
Service Date: 10/14/2014
Review Created: 10/14/2014 07:50 PM
JOE G. on 10/09/2014
"dishonest"
Brought in my truck guy says 2 hours labor then I look at the bill and it shows 295.00 for labor.My question is, are you charging 150.00 per hour.Very disappointed with them . Never again.Must say that I was refunded for the first visit charges.That was appreciated.But 295.00 labor charges for 2 hours quotes.That I think was to much. I don't mind paying for labor of course but I was given a quote.
Vehicle: Dodge Dakota
Service Date: 09/16/2014
Review Created: 10/09/2014 07:30 AM
Ron G. at Riker's Automotive And Tire Centers Inc. responded on 10/10/2014

Joe, thank you for your kind words about mentioning the refund. As you know, the water pump was bad after we diagnosed the clutch incorrectly the first time. As you said, we made it right.

Unfortunately, you aare not reading your bill correctly. The water pump was 2 hours labor at $104.00 per hour. The remaining labor is the "Cooling System Flush" which was an added $69.07. for a total labor of $277 .07, not $295.00 as you claim.

I hope you can reconsider your review since you were pretty harsh on us calling us dishonest, when we are not, as I have proven, multiple times for you.

ROHAN H. on 10/03/2014
"Excellent Service"
Needed a quick oil change, was in and out in 15 minutes!!!
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 09/26/2014
Review Created: 10/01/2014 09:39 AM
DAVID W. on 09/21/2014
"Just great service"
Spent a whole lot more money than I planned but I knew my car was in good hands. Still the only garage we go to going on ten years.
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 09/19/2014
Review Created: 09/21/2014 05:55 AM
Derek R. on 09/17/2014
"Tire Repair"
Quick in and out. They gave an ETA of 30 min stuck to it.
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 09/16/2014
Review Created: 09/17/2014 05:52 AM
Carolyn M. on 09/09/2014
"These guys can think"
Rikers came up with a solution, fixed it and car was ready ahead of time.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz CL550