Rt Clapp of Oak Ridge

Review for Rt Clapp of Oak Ridge
TOM R. on 05/15/2016
"Remove Oil Plug"
The oil drain plug on my daughter's card could not be loosened by me to drain her oil. RT Clapp had changed the oil previously and both the oil filter and drain plug for tightened beyond specifications. I had to bring the car back to RT Clapp for them to remove the drain plug since it was not loosening up and in fact the metal on head of the plug was stripping off. On the plus side, RT Clapp was able to perform maintenance on the car right away. In the end, RT Clapp changed the oil again, remove the original drain plug and replaced it with an oversized plug since they had to drill it out. To add insult to injury, they charged for the oil change and only gave a five dollar discount. I have been going to RT Clapp for a number of years and this was beyond a simple mistake for one of their mechanics to over tightening car parts. I should never have been charged for this mistake by them. My continued business with them is in question.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 05/09/2016
Review Created: 05/15/2016 09:03 PM
The RT Clapp T. at Rt Clapp of Oak Ridge responded on 05/16/2016

I personally called and spoke with Mr. Rizy first thing this morning. I explained that we replaced oil drain plug with orginal size plug. Assured him that no damage was done to oil pan. We did agree to refund cost of last oil change service. Hopefully we have resolved any future concerns he has with our services. We value him and all our customers.
Valerie White