Scott's Auto Center

Review for Scott's Auto Center
Jim B. on 01/18/2014
"Communication needs improvement"
I brought my car in around 8:30 am. They we're bust which I took as a good sign and I was told they would diagnose my car before Noon. I went to work and had not heard from them by 1:30 so I called them. I was then told it would be this afternoon or the next morning. The next day rolls around and no call. I call them at 2:00 pm and they said they were waiting on some final information from the tech. At that point I made other arrangements to have the car towed to another group. They called with the diagnosis (which was ultimately correct) and we're friendly and understanding about the move and said they would have the car ready. I received a call later saying if I didn't like the service or price of the new group they would tow me back to their center at no charge. The following day I received a call asking for $89 diagnostic payment. I was silent for just a moment and the CSR asked if I had been told about it when I dropped off the car. I told her I had not been told of the charge. She voluntarily offered to waive the charge but I paid it as work and time had been done. Overall, I might give Scott's another chance as the diagnosis was confirmed and the price was in line for the work that was needed to be done. Improvement in time estimation and keeping the customer informed by keeping call back times needs some improvement.
Vehicle: Buick Enclave
Service Date: 12/31/2013
Review Created: 01/18/2014 05:29 AM
Scott M. at Scott's Auto Center responded on 01/20/2014

Jim,
Thank you for responding to our survey. You are absolutely right. You should have received one or two follow up calls. I have been addressing this issue for the last couple of months and have hired an employee to handle follow up calls. Obviously that person needs to be replaced. We appreciate your business and would like another chance to earn it if you would give us another shot.

Thank You!