Michael A. on 07/15/2017
Michael said this business is courteous but they are not fair. He took his vehicle in so a hose could be changed and he was charged $350, which didn't make sense because the hose was located on top.
Vehicle: Saturn LS
Category: Service
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/15/2017
mark r. on 04/02/2017
"see below"
You doble charged me for repairing a leak in the engine. The first reoair for 440..00 consisted of "repair water pump pipe and hoses and intake gasget". the car was returned to the shop after driving 76 miles leaking ac coolant. The second repair consisted of "remove and replace water pump" due to a water pump leak for a total cost of $550.00 for a grand to repair cost of both repair charges of $990.00 which is considered exorbitant with no repreieve from the first charge of $440.00 which did not cure the leakage problem after only driving 76 miles. Unless the prior charge charge of $440.00 is not refended or if an acceptable adjustment can be determined I will be obligated to report this situation to the Bureau of Automotive Repair.
Vehicle: Plymouth Acclaim
Service Date: 03/30/2017
Review Created: 04/02/2017 06:31 PM
DAVE S. at Sornoso Auto Repair responded on 04/06/2017

I didnt charge you two timeĀ  one was for the intake pipe and these other was for the water pumpĀ  complete two differrent parts . this car is very old and is like your pipes in your house you find one leak and then more . thanks dave

Lupe L. on 07/02/2016
Lupe said this business is too expensive and they took too long. She also mention that they quoted her for a price and did not inform her that she needed a new battery after the price was already quoted. They also charged her way too much for the labor and she regrets going to this facility.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Category: Service
Service Date: 06/29/2016
Review Created: 07/02/2016
HOLLY G. on 01/04/2014
"Questionable practices"
I had a rebuilt engine put in and I had to return many times because of defective parts and shoddy workmanship.
I've been charged for services I didn't request and was told they forgot to ask me. (approximately $600)
Recently had a fuel pump installed and my gas tank was near full and it was at a quarter tank when we got it back.
We've had friends warn us about him and we didn't listen.
Mechanics rank right up there with lawyers and used car salesmen.
Like another individual posted, I thought I had found an honest mechanic but he is no different than any other.
Vehicle: Chrysler Voyager
Service Date: 01/02/2014
Review Created: 01/04/2014 04:07 PM
REGINA N. on 04/09/2013
"Not the same "
I've been going to Sonorso for years, but no more. Call it a hunch, but it doesn't feel like the same honest service anymore.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tracker
Service Date: 04/05/2013
Review Created: 04/09/2013 09:59 AM
VIRGINIA P. on 03/10/2013
"Can't be trusted "
I thought I finally found a reliable mechanic but obviously I was wrong. I was quoted 200 for an additional 2 belts. I found the same belts for 50. And my son replaced them. Two days to replace a water pump was also a bit much.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 03/09/2013
Review Created: 03/10/2013 08:31 PM
mauro l. on 02/23/2013
"Not Honest/Sloppy"
I had a coupon from the Covina Quarterly and did not honor it. They recommended a power steering flush when in fact I had it done two months ago. They are dirty and don't protect your seats. I have been to this place before and I thought they were honest people but I think things have changed.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 02/22/2013
Review Created: 02/23/2013 02:17 PM
mark r. on 09/12/2012
"No explanation of work done"
First of all, I did not receive a detailed statement of work performed. I was only given an "Estimate For Services" describing a Tune up. There was no estimate for the cost of parts if any. Only the labor charge of $123. After driving the car for about twenty miles, it started to run the same way as it did when I brought it in for service. A responce to my concern would be appreciated.
Vehicle: Plymouth Acclaim