Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5rating 3.6666667rating 3.6666667
Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667
Review for Eastport Shell
Farooq Y. on 06/28/2016
"State inspation"
I called before I go in so how much would it cost my to get it done today..she was $65 I was ok it toke then over 5 hours to finish the work plus they failed my car I went to different place and get it done easily never going back to this place...
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 06/23/2016
Review Created: 06/28/2016 08:33 AM
bud e. at Eastport Shell responded on 06/29/2016

Mr. Younis
We certainly are sorry you feel this way. You may want to visit a watch maker and have your watch checked, as your car was checked in at 11:25 AM and the work was completed at 1:39 PM, that is more like 2 hours and 14 minutes by our calculations, and we did advise you that we were finishing a car in front of you, and that the inspection takes about an hour.

As to another place passing you, unless you removed your window tint, restored your headlight to pass legal candle power, and repaired your torn axle boot that other place violated the law, plain and simple.

Yes we are aware there are shaddy shops that will charge you and extra hundred bucks or so to give you an automatic pass, but what do you end up with? An axle that is going to wear to the point it will bind up and illegal window tint and headlights, either one of which an officer can stop you for. We might hazard a guess that because you did not come back to us for the free inspection, that you probably paid someone else to pass you without making the repairs required.

You were of course offered the option of fixing it yourself or of having the work done at another shop and we would re-inspect at no additional charge. We even told you how you could remove the tint yourself as well as a quick and easy way to finish the headlamp covers to pass enough light.

Because we file our inspection reports electronically for our Customer's convenience, you can be assured that the State Troopers have on file a record of the things you failed. I am not sure if they match those records with passes by another shop, but eventually they are weeding out the dishonest shops.

We can not fathom why a person would pay extra to get a passing inspection, rather than putting that money towards repairing an unsafe condition, but in our business HONESTY IS EVERYTHING.