Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
CORINNE C. on 09/04/2015
"Poor and rude service personnel"
They pulled a screw out of the sidewall of my new Michelin tire which caused a leak. They marked the documents as the tires in the green with no errors even though they admitted it still leaks. No one but the tire dealer should remove the penetrating object from the sidewall which cannot normally be repaired. The Michelin dealer had problems with Toyota taking the 1/2in screw from the sidewall. I talked with with manager regarding the lack of documenation of the screw being taken out of the sidewall (the tires had 1/32wear. He admitted to overhearing the conversation with my wife regarding them removing the scrrew and tried to sell my wife a new tire. I was able to get my documenetation from Toyota regarding removal of this screw after some very fustrating conversation as they were rude and did not want to document the error on their part even though it shows up on the tech's report. We are leaving for a long 40 wedding anniversary next week and Michelin does not want to honor the warranty (from Costco) due to the actions by Toyota and stated they can see the hole but it's not leaking at this time. We have a Toyota and Scion which are serviced at Toyota of Puyallup. We will not be back at this dealership! Very poor service. Last time my wife went in they told her the air bag light was on and they needed to replace a $1800 wiring harness. I told them to reset the code and we would handle it. Guess what in over 20,000 we have had no further problems. I was in law enforcement for 41 years and in California this would be reported to the bureau of automotive affairs. Washington does not have this consumer protection but I can refuse to do business with this dealer and let everyone I know of their unethical methodology.
Category: Service
Service Date: 09/02/2015
Review Created: 09/04/2015 11:14 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 09/04/2015

Hello and thank you so much for the feedback.  I'd like to help out in whatever way I can to bring resolution to this matter for you. I apologize that you got the impression we did not care as that certainly isn't what we are trying to convey.  I can work with Michelin and Toyota to see if there is an outcome that can be mutually agreeable with this.  I'm sorry it got to the point where you felt alienated - communication is our # 1 priority!  If you'd like to give us the opportunity, I'm sure I can help.  Please let me know and get back to me as soon as possible so I can get the ball rolling in that direction.  Again, accept my apologies for the impression that you got about our service deparment.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Rich Conley