Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
JOHN K. on 10/21/2015
"Lack of planning and communication"
I was sent a recall notice regarding a oil consumption situation. Being a nationwide recall I would think Toyota would take in account the number of vehicles they have out there and plan to have the parts at the ready for the response they would have to manage. Needless to say I was stuck in a rental car for a little over 4 months. I am sure it would have been longer if I had not called Toyota corporate to voice my displeasure and asking to be compensated for me making a car payment that I could not drive because of Toyota's poor planning. I was called by my local dealership saying my parts were in but the car would not be ready for 2 days. I waited the 2 days expecting a phone call from them saying my car was ready but I did not hear from anyone. I HAD to call the dealership to ask when I could get my car. They told me it would be ready on Monday Oct. 19th. I waited till 3 pm for a phone call. Never received one. I AGAIN had to call the dealership to see if my car was ready. The person told me it was ready at 2pm. Why did I not get a call by 2:10 pm??????? This is not the first time the communication form Toyota of Puyallup has been sub standard. I think from now on I will take my business elsewhere.
Vehicle: TOYOTA SCION XB
Category: Service
Service Date: 10/20/2015
Review Created: 10/21/2015 04:19 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 10/26/2015

Hello and thank you for the feedback regarding this experience.  I'm sorry to hear things turned out this way.  As you're aware, the delay for this engine repair under Toyota's warranty program was extremely lengthy.  With that, there was some logistics that caused communication errors for us.  We certainly never intended to not contact you upon completion and we will learn from it for future services.  All of this information will be reviewed by the parties involved so we can improve.  Please accept my apologies again and know that the cirumstances surrounding this repair were unique and will not arise again.

Thank you and I hope to see you again,

Rich Conley