Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
DAVID G. on 12/05/2015
"It's little things that can trip you up!"
I have never had occasion to change my speedometer from m/hr to km/hr so imagine my surprise when I pulled out on River Road in the afternoon traffic and my speedometer was reading in Km/hr. I was trying to decide should I turn around and suffer the hassle (and probably embarrassment) of going back to the service shop only to find out that it was something simple to change or should I keep going. I decided since it was late in the day I could not afford the delay without getting in worse traffic to Olympia. I made a quick stop and pulled out the manual, only to be further frustrated there was nothing in the index nor on the page that explained the console. I decided to trudge on the 50+ miles on the freeway trying to do the math in my head to convert kilometers to miles making sure not to be the fastest moving car on the freeway. Luckily, I suppose more for you than for me, I made it home without any incident all the while rehearsing what I would say to the authorities should they have occasion to stop and ask me "do you know how fast your were going!"
Alas I did survive the anxious trip and about 5 more minutes in the manual finally dug out the one little spot that identifies the K/m dashboard switch, clearly hidden from view of the driver by the steering wheel. I suppose I won't forget where it is now - Either will your service crew on my next visit!

Category: Service
Service Date: 12/03/2015
Review Created: 12/05/2015 08:58 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 12/07/2015

Hello and thank you so much for the feedback.  I'm so sorry to hear about this incident!  I'm sure that we accidentally hit that button to convert the MPH to KPH.  I'm glad this turned out without any incident this time and please accept my apologies again.  I will make sure to review with our tech team so everyone is aware of this potential and a mistake like this doesn't happen again.
If there's anything further we can do, please don't hesitate to contact me personally.  Thank you for your patronage and I hope to see you again.

Rich Conley