Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
JERRY H. on 03/10/2016
"Service"
With much regret I have decided to change where I do my Toyota Business. On March 8th I took my 2007 4 Runner into Toyota of Puyallup for its 5,000 mile service and a software update to it's onboard computer. The service & update were OK but the paperwork that I received at the end of the service was incomplete and my service representative had to make several trips to the service manager to get answers to questions I had that should have been addressed on the original paperwork. The service I had also included a car wash & vacuum. The car was very dirty with many spots missed. The vacuum was only partially completed. This has been a general trend over the last several years and has only gotten worse. I also received a work estimate for mechanical problems that Toyota of Puyallup said I need to get done. The explanation of what the problems were was vague at best and when I wanted more details they were very vague about everything. As I said earlier these problems did not happen after I purchased my Toyota here but especially over the last 5 to 7 years I have seen a general downward spiral of details being done during my service visits. -- I will now be taking my business to Titus Will Toyota in Tacoma. I took my 4 Runner into them yesterday for a second estimate on the mechanical problems. They took a look at the problems described in the Puyallup paperwork and then called me into the work bay to show me everything and explain in detail the problems & the cure for the problems. The work would be the same as Puyallup tried to explain to me but the price was considerable less. The big thing to me was there wiliness to explain & show me in detail what was needed. Again I express my regrets at having to change where I do my business but this seems to be the right time and I am tired of the downward spiral. Do it right the first time & there will always be a return customer. Do it wrong and over time that same customer will find someone else.
Vehicle: TOYOTA 4RUNNER