Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
DONNA S. on 09/11/2013
"r they honest?"
I was told makes no difference car came from out of state.Rotors rusted 1st rain.They wiped off rust.I read my papers say rotors were resurfaced. I have had lots of cars.Never had rusty rotors.should be their problem not mine.Bought car on a sunny day.oops? 253-228-2216
Vehicle: TOYOTA RAV4
Category: Service
Service Date: 08/31/2013
Review Created: 09/11/2013 09:29 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 09/13/2013

Hello Donna,

Thanks for letting us know of your concerns. I’m quite familiar with the condition you are experiencing on your Rav4. Actually, we’ve even see brand new vehicles from time to time that have a light rust coating on the rotor just like you are describing. Rotors are made from cast iron, so they are susceptible to small rust spots. It’s something that we deal with quite a bit here in the rainy state of Washington :)
This minor rust does not cause any safety or performance issues with your braking system. It will go away after usage and nice weather, but can also recur once wet again. There’s no cause for alarm. I hope that answers your questions. Please feel free to contact me personally if you have any additional concerns.
Rich Conley | Asst.Service Mgr./Customer Relations