Toyota of Puyallup

Latest Review about 1 hour ago
Review for Toyota of Puyallup
CLEVENGER ASSOCIATES I. on 01/21/2014
"Navigation System disc"
My husband bought me a new Navagation disc for Christmas for my 07 Camry Hybrid. When I put it in, it got stuck, wouldn't work and I couldn't get it out. Called service and they told me to bring it in on Jan. 2. On the way there, I kept pushing buttons and the disc came out and I put the old one back in which worked.

When I got to service, went to the parts department and told them the disc didn't work and someone in that department went out to my car and stuck the new one back in and it got stuck again.

I went to service and Laurie said your expert (I think his name was Dennis) would look at it. After 20 or so minutes he couldn't get it out and said the navigation system needed to be replaced or fixed. I said no, the new disc was defective as my old one worked. Laurie proceeded to get a quote for a new one and I was astounded it was around $3,000 and it would cost to have my system taken out to just get an estimate to get fixed. I said again THE DISC IS DEFECTIVE. They didn't believe that the disc could be defective so I left.

After pushing buttons again for some time, the disc finally came out and I replaced it with my old one which works perfectly fine.

I was not happy with the way this situation was handled and I may or may not come back to your dealership.
Vehicle: TOYOTA CAMRY