Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
CHRIS S. on 03/18/2014
"Excellent repairs, follow through needs improvement."
When I experienced a problem with my Tundra, I was in my home neighborhood (Puyallup). Instead of calling my regular dealership, Toyota of Renton (formerly Bob Bridget Toyota), I decided it would be more convenient to use my local Toyota dealership in Puyallup. They were able to get me right in and provided a service loaner (excellent!). Since it was late in the day, I was told they would run the diagnostics the following day. I was also told that they would provide a complimentary car wash and vacuum the inside. The next day, I received the call with the information on the needed repairs. I was given a quote and gave my okay to proceed. A part would need to be ordered, but the repairs should be completed on Friday. I never heard from the dealership until Saturday when I was told there had been a delay in getting the parts and my vehicle would not be completed until Monday. On Monday, I received a call at 2:45 pm that my truck was ready to be picked up. I arrived (after work) and was told that my truck was ready but had not been washed. They would run it through the car wash and it may be a 10 minute delay. This was almost 3 hours after the phone call that my truck was ‘ready’. Since I had places to be, I did not even mention their commitment to also vacuum the inside. I proceed to pay my bill which ended up being $240 more than the estimate I received. The cashier did not know why…..”probably parts”. I watched my truck come out of the back, dripping wet. My keys were not brought to me in the waiting room. I asked the cashier if my keys might be out in my truck. She said no, but they might be in back. If no one comes up, go back and check. I saw the young man that got out of my truck after the wash and asked if he knew where my keys were. He acted like he didn’t remember just running my truck through the car wash. I walked back to the service area and finally found someone that could locate my keys. I am not a complainer….but I can’t stay quiet on this matter. Customer Service is an important part of retaining business. There is a lot of competition for my business. After spending over $3,000 I would have expected better treatment and more thorough follow-through. Please pass this along.
Vehicle: TOYOTA TUNDRA
Category: Service
Service Date: 03/17/2014
Review Created: 03/18/2014 03:49 PM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 03/24/2014

Hi Chris,

I attempted to leave a voicemail on the number we have on file for you as well, but thought it would be good to also follow up with an email.

We received your feedback regarding the recent service on your Tundra. I’m so sorry to hear things didn’t go well in returning your vehicle to you! As you’ve indicated, fixing your truck correctly is only part of the overall process. Another huge factor is making sure we follow up correctly and meet your expectations regarding delivery and price. I want to do whatever it takes to fix this and remedy the situation for you. Although we’re not perfect, we strive to always rectify any shortcomings we might have. You mentioned the estimate being off when you came to pay, were we able to make that right or give you a proper explanation of the charges?

Thank you so much for letting us know. We can’t fix what we don’t know is wrong! I apologize again! When you are free, please contact me and I’ll happily address all items. We appreciate your business.
Rich Conley | Asst.Service Mgr./Customer Relations