Toyota of Puyallup

Latest Review 38 minutes ago
Review for Toyota of Puyallup
TODD T. on 09/14/2014
"Diagnostics leave a little to be desired"
Dropped my 2006 Highlander Hybrid off for oil change with added instructions to find out what the clunking noise in the suspension system was that has been present and getting worse for the last 30,000 miles or so. (We are at 157,000 now) I suspected the shock mounts, or maybe the stabilizer bar, but the first time the dealer had looked they could duplicate the noise while driving over a rough road, but everything felt tight when it was up on the rack. this time they charged me another $120 diagnostic fee and then told me they suspected the tow stinger which I had forgotten to remove from the receiver. $120 for that gold nugget. don't they think I might have tried driving the car without the tow ball installed sometime in the last 30,000 miles to see if that was where the problem was? I am not impressed with the service people at this location. They can handle an oil change and car wash, and I have to use them for recall work etc. but otherwise it's a crapshoot how good they will be. On two previous oil changes they told me the brake pads were worn to minimums and must be replaced on the next oil change or they wouldn't release the car. I removed the pads and took them into a parts store to get new ones and they told me I had 50,000 miles left on the ones I had. This time they told me they inspected the pads and I had lots of room left on them, and were surprised when I mentioned that the last couple of times they had told me I neded new ones. Guess while doing inspections, they don't look in their history files to see what trends the vehicle might have?
Category: Service