Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
DONALD E O. on 11/08/2014
"Radio doesn't work and nobody cares"
My JBL radio freezes up and when I told the service advisor about it he really didn't care. In June I paid $7K for a sound system on my 2014 Tacoma that has a problem and they tried to pass it off as loss of signal with the XM. I've had XM since 2005 and I know what loss of signal is like. You can still changes stations, etc. Beside he said it's a $3,000 radio and they can't just change it out. He also told me to make a video when it happens so they know what is happening. Kind of hard to do when I'm driving. I guess me telling him that when it freezes nothings works including on/off, volume, change settings isn't good enough. In short do not buy a 2014 vehicle with the JBL sound system touch screen unit or you will be very frustrated. I guess I'll have to go to another dealership to get this resolved.
Vehicle: TOYOTA TACOMA
Category: Service
Service Date: 11/07/2014
Review Created: 11/08/2014 09:40 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 11/10/2014

Hello -

I attempted to leave you a voicemail as well, but thought I'd follow up with an email too.  I'm so sorry to hear about this!  We definitely don't want you to feel that you need to go to another dealership.  I want to escalate this case to the Technical Department with Toyota to see if they are aware of any intermittent problems or resolution for this matter. Running it "up the flagpole" just might hit the right ears and someone from Toyota may have run across this before.  If you could, please let me know the radio model number from your vehicle... it's a small 6-8 digit code that is stamped on the front of radio or radio bezel.  It's numbers and letters in most cases.  You can reach me directly at 253.286.6071 as well.  I'm so sorry again for your feelings towards this and I'd love to help get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Rich Conley