A1 Body Shop and RV Repair

Angela D.
Alachua, FL
08/15/2020
Poor customer service
I was involved in a major accident with my RV and truck in may of 2020 in Texas. A close friend of mine who works in the auto body industry in Reno committed to fixing my truck and recommended A1body shop to fix the RV.
I called A1 and spoke to Al. I thoroughly explained our situation and location. Al took down all of my information and said they could definitely fix me up so he made an appointment for me to bring the RV in to start the process. I brought my RV in on 6/22 at 10am and Al held it until 5pm that afternoon to inspect, take notes and pictures. When I picked the RV up Al told me that he would call in a couple days once he finished the estimate. 5 days later and no word I called Al and left a message. 4 days after my message and still no word I called again and spoke to Al. Al rushed me off the phone and told me he would call me back when the estimate was done. 2 weeks after my RV was inspected by the shop my insurance company started to call Al - they left 3 messages and never received one call back. 3 weeks after my initial appointment and no phone call from Al I decided I would be taking my RV somewhere else. I never once received a phone call from this body shop after driving half way across the country to this specific shop. 5 weeks later I spoke to a manager and he apologized and said Al just got overwhelmed with the amount of work he had - this does not excuse the lack of a phone call and explanation to me over the prior 5 weeks.
I would highly recommend anyone stay away from this shop or at the least from the disrespectful Al.

LG
Luis G.
04/27/2019 Category: Collision
Luis said the repair was pretty good and done in a timely manner.

Denise S.
04/25/2019 Category: Collision
Denise said the business provided good customer service. They even took additional steps to make her vehicle look extra nice.

AD
Andrew D.
04/25/2019 Category: Collision
Andrew chose not to elaborate on his satisfaction with his overall experience.

KV
Kimberly V.
04/25/2019 Category: Collision
Kimberly said the staff was nice.

ED
Elizabeth D.
04/24/2019 Category: Collision
Elizabeth said that everyone was really nice, explained everything and had everything was done in a timely manner.

Tim S.
04/24/2019 Category: Collision
Tim said the customer service was good.

AA
Andy A.
04/23/2019 Category: Collision
Andy said this business was very courteous. They were honest and did good work. They took care of him.

Michael G.
04/23/2019 Category: Collision
Michael said the business was quick to do the repair, as soon as he walked though the door. He walked into this business and as soon as he walked in the business they told him they could repair his vehicle before he even said yes, other places always say they have to do this and that but this business was right on it.

Roberta B.
04/23/2019 Category: Collision
Roberta said the repair looks good.

Jose F.
04/23/2019 Category: Collision
Jose said the repair was finished a day earlier than promised.

TE
Ty E.
03/30/2019 Category: Collision
Ty said the repairs were great.

Michael B.
03/30/2019 Category: Collision
Michael said the business did a great job. The only problem was that the seat belt mounts weren't installed correctly so he had to have them redo the mountings.

Sandra B.
03/28/2019 Category: Collision
Sandra said the staff were supposed to do an overall check on the whole trailer. But when she went on a trip some of the lights were out, so they missed that. She ended up fixing the faucet, and a carpet on the steps was missing. The business did make that right and gave her a free one, but it doesn't match the other carpets.

Adam S.
03/28/2019 Category: Collision
Adam said the staff did a good job, and they were done on time.