Aspen Auto Clinic - Mark Dabling

4.5

Overall Rating 3.1/5Overall Rating 3.1/5Overall Rating 3.1/5Overall Rating 3.1/5Overall Rating 3.1/5

RK
Richard K.
03/26/2020
Don’t know why my last review didn’t get posted but it is now. Oil change 2 days ago...courteous and efficient; kept informed of progress.

SD
S D.
Divide, CO
11/19/2019
The worst car repair experience I've ever had, bar none...
Took an MB ML 320 CDI Diesel with 6 DTC Codes and CEL in for Diagnosis after self diagnosing a known issue with the Intake Port swirl motor and loss of power. They diagnosed a bad Aux Battery and charged me $73 for a $43 1.2 Amp Battery plus $279 labor to replace it... Ya, $279 for labor to replace an Aux Battery. Then, they diagnosed a shorted Intake Port swirl Servo motor located at the back of the engine. They charged $495 for a part that costs $153 online at any auto parts store, and $895 labor. Upon test driving the SUV, the Tech said he heard a POP and then diagnosed a blown Turbo, for which they wanted another $3800+ to repair that on top of the $2000 they charged already... I told them I'd pick the car up and replace the Turbo myself after I verified it was bad. Upon picking up the SUV and looking under the hood to make sure the Tech put everything back together, the Passenger side Mass Air Flow Sensor connector was disconnected and the rubber cowling was not installed either... They are just like every other auto repair shop on the planet in that you can only trust them to overcharge you for parts, bloat the labor costs, and in my case, I got a vehicle back that had to be towed back home...

PO
Phillip O.
06/07/2019
Brian listens to the customer in full before he makes his suggestion. He is open to oem and aftermarket. He makes it more affordable based on customer needs. He got a Porsche mechanic- one word WOW.
Re to iew in title.

Mikeq D.
09/26/2016
Horrible experience
I have been going to Aspen Auto for over 4 years, and I will not go back because what happened to me on my last oil change. I only go there for oil changes because they used to do them for $25, they are now $40. The reason I only went there for oil changes is because they typically charge 20 – 40 % more for any actual mechanic work than anywhere in town. I needed a timing belt on my 4 runner, Aspen auto quoted me around $1,200.00. I took it to Toyota they did it for under $800.00. That being said here is what happened to me. I called to make an appointment and got their answering machine. I left a message and did not hear back from them. So I called the following week on Monday and they gave me a 1:00pm Friday appointment. So I drop my car off and they ask me when I need my car, I tell them at 4:30pm would be great. I leave and go back to work. 4:40pm comes by and no word. So I call, they put me on hold for 10 minutes without picking back up. I called again and the technician finally told me that they couldn’t do my oil change because they could not get my hood opened. I do have a bumper guard grill on car and it is a little bent in. However, they have been dealing with this car for 4 years and have had no issues in the past. Also they had my car for three and a half hours and did not call me to let me know of the situation or even help them open my hood. I tell them to stop any work they were doing on my car and that I was on my way. I get there and I wait for 5 minutes while they deal with other customers, at this point I am agitated but calm waiting for them to “make it right”. The manager switches with his other employee to take care of me. He prints off some paper work and tells me I need sign for it. So I sign for it and he gives me my keys without saying anything about the situation. At this point I am done, in his lobby with a few customers and a 14-year-old, I say, “This is ridiculous, you have had my car for 4 hours and you couldn’t call me or figure out how to open my hood. This is bull s**t and you have lost me as a customer.” Keep in mind that I keep this PG-13 for the kids’ sake. I proceed to walk to my car and I hear the manager say to me, “Excuse me sir?” I turned around thinking he was going to try to make it right. That was not the case, he told me that I was not welcome back because I used profanity in his shop. This petty manager couldn’t accept the fact that I “quit” and proceeded to try and “fire” me. After this thing got ugly, he told me I was being immature with my language and then continued to cuss me out. I argued right back and it got really heated to the point we were in each other’s faces. I left feeling threatened, upset, and shaken. The point is they do not care about their customers, they are overly expensive, and the manager is a petty man, who does not care about his shop. Do not go there, any place is better than Aspen Auto. I will be filing a grievance with the Better Business Bureau.

David M.
11/30/2015 Category: Service
David said there were no issues and they did a good job.

PD
Paula D.
Jeep Liberty
11/10/2015 Category: Service
Paula said any time she goes to this business with a problem, they get to it right away. The service is done well.

LK
Ladonna K.
Subaru Impreza
11/06/2015 Category: Service
Ladonna said she made an appointment with this business, and when she went in, they had no record of it. They told her she needed tires and she had new tires on her vehicle. She would not recommend this business for the reasons just stated.

Joey S.
Ford Excursion
11/06/2015 Category: Service
Joey said this business went above and beyond while servicing his vehicle. The staff had a hard time diagnosing the issue with his vehicle, but in the end, everything was fixed.

GG
Grace G.
Volkswagen New Beetle
11/03/2015
Frustrated and Sad
I have used Aspen Auto Clinic 3 times. I was very happy my first and second time. But this last time Diane at the front desk was often condescending and patronizing. I'm now considering finding a different place to take my vehicle.

AA
Angie A.
11/03/2015
A professional and knowledgeable staff is very important to me!
After I had been in for my 100,000 service my "low tire" indicator light came on. I stopped in and your terrific mechanics knew in a very short time that it was the spare tire that was low.......Thanks!!

EA
ERMIN A.
Hummer H2
10/31/2015
Thanks for your excellent service ... "I'll be back"

CT
CASANDRA T.
10/30/2015
Great people and high quality service everytime.
Good place to do business and receive quality service while receiving great customer service.

TA
Tim A.
Land Rover Range Rover
10/29/2015
2005 Land Rover - Service Expectations
This was my third official visit to Aspen. Two at the Tutt location one at Mark Dabling, Both Susie and Seth were professional and helpful in my calls leading up to service. I do appreciate that Seth was able to squeeze us in on a Saturday after calling for an appointment the day before. That said I was disappointed with my experience the next day. I asked Seth to flush/fill coolant and replace the Mahle Thermostat I provided that was on the front passenger floor. At the end of a long day for both of us he said Company Policy was to NOT install parts not provided by Aspen. Mentioning that Aspen could not offer the 3 month/36k warranty. I asked Seth to accommodate me this one time and provide no warranty as he quoted me the exact same part and labor to be $200. He refused sticking to company policy. Unfortunately this did not resonate well as he could have mentioned that before I brought the vehicle in as I clearly stated I had my own thermostat. I own a BMW X5 and Porsche 911 so I was looking for new options for my home fleet I am seriously now considering whether I want to do business with Aspen again as your team was unable to service my needs for sake of Aspen's policy. I expected a one time exception to your policy in lieu of earning my business. Moving forward I would have understood and abided by your customer provided part policy. Now my 2005 Range Rover which I paid $150.00 for a flush and fill will need to have Thermostat and an additional Fill. My needs were not met...

Rgds, Tim Aguilar
719.337.9177

AD
Andrea D.
Saturn SL2
10/25/2015
expert service
Not cheap, but seemed to find all the problems in the vehicle

WF
WILLIAM F.
10/24/2015
Replace Headlight in 2010 Subaru Outback
The service was efficient and the individual consulted with me prior to any work being performed. Also adjusted the other headlight.