Latest Review about 2 months ago

David M.
03/24/2021
SCAMMERS
CROOKS. CHECK YOUR INVOICES. Holy do not do business with these guys. I got my e46 inspected here prior to buying it. They charged me 180 bucks for a ppi when every other shop is around 120. Figured these guys would do it right so I decided to spend the extra. They printed out everything that was wrong with it and I bought the car. In the first 20 miles, brake light and abs lights come on. Previous owner told me that happened to him, shop told me it was probably because brake fluid needed to be flushed. I got it flushed, lights still came on. I run the codes and it’s brake pressure sensors. They didn’t even check the codes during the inspection. They quoted me 900 dollars to fix the brake pressure sensors. I fixed them myself. Super simple job and codes are gone. Not even a 100 miles later car starts overheating and expansion tank exploded. I replaced it with a bmw expansion tank and car is still overheating. Figured I didn’t bleed it right. Get it towed to them for diagnostic and a bleed. They call me next day tell me I was right car needed to be bled and charged me 150 bucks for that. I don’t even make it home and the car overheats again. I called them and the guy over the phone really wanted me to wait for the car to cool down while I was stranded which takes hours and drive it back to them. I get them to pay for the tow back. They tell me it’s the fan clutch. They tried to charge me a second diagnostic fee when the first time I brought in, I told them it was overheating. I have them replace the fan clutch and they quote me 520 bucks. I get it done there and they call me and tell me the thermostat isn’t working now. How the entire cooling system failed within the first couple 100 miles of buying the car is beyond me, and I got it inspected just to avoid this and they mentioned nothing about the cooling system. They quote me an additional 508 to do the thermostat. I saw okay let’s do it. I ask them how much extra to do the water pump since you guys are gone be right there anyway. Guy says they’ll just charge me for the part and no additional labor costs. I say let’s do it. They proceeded to send me a total for $1580. I say how is that, I just cancel the service cuz 1600 is ridiculous. I posted this in a e46 group on Facebook and we all had a good laugh on the quote the gave me. They charge me a 10 percent restocking fee which brought my original total of 520 to 569 and change. Doing the math, turns out 10 percent of the parts is roughly 27 dollars. They charged me 569 . Turns out they were trying to charge me an extra 375 for labor to do the water pump when they told me no additional labor. I tell this to them and Ralf laughs it off and is like so what do you want exactly. I want the money I was overcharged. He hangs up on me and I call back and tell another guy and he processes my refund. Bunch of crooks. Wish I never took my car here at all.

Cal M.
03/16/2021
Excellent experience
I previously took my vehicle to another shop and they couldn't find or resolve my issue. I found Bavarian Auto highly rated while searching online and decided to get a second opinion. They were more than I could've expected. They diligently and thoroughly troubleshot my issue and were able to resolve it within the diagnostic stage. They continued to road test the vehicle and kept me notified of it's status each step of the way. Carlos and Derek formed a great team and I will continue to take my E46 to them for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the great experience!

RE
REBECCA E.
MINI Cooper Coupe
01/12/2021
Very pleased!
Wonderful people and great service! I would Highly Recommend them

01/09/2021
Trustworthy
Went for a transmission fluid change, very professional and did the job in a timely manner.

01/08/2021
Friendly, competent service
I went for an oil change and they did a thorough assessment of car to let me know what was needed. Very helpful information. And friendly people. I was disappointed that it took over 2 hours when I expected less than an hour.

Ray R.
01/04/2021
Service and communication
Honest and reliable service, & top quality work!
Dave and his team, made me feel comfortable with the job they did on my BMW, they went above and Beyond in customer service.
They explain the labor to detail, and they really worked with me on price.

PO
Pete O.
Poteet, TX
BMW M3
12/30/2020 Category: Service
Pete said the business's employees are good people, have good communication and their pricing was good.

HL
HENRY L.
BMW
12/25/2020
This is the place for my BMW Service
I took my 2012 328i to this shop on several occasions. The last visit was to register my battery after I replaced it. Bavarian Auto Repair were able to have this done in thirty minutes without having to make an appointment. I trust the work they do and the price is reasonable.

BG
Baldemar G.
12/19/2020
Attention To Details
Professional Knowledgeable Staff. Up to date diagnostic equipment to evaluate your problem and communicated well with us . Their steps in handling my repair lead me to trust The BVR Team . I highly recommend BVR.

Jeff F.
12/18/2020 Category: Service
Jeff said the staff are friendly, reliable and trustworthy.

12/15/2020
Good customer service
My car sounds way better. They knew exactly what the issue was with my car and got it done right away.

JV
Jason V.
12/11/2020
They were real nice and took care of my ride
I love the service and will be doing my routine checkups here and bringing my other vehicles as well.

TL
TASHA L.
12/10/2020
Amazing customer service always
I have been using Bavarian Auto for 4 years. As long as I drive BMW and live any where in SA, I will bring my baby to them.

KL
KEVIN L.
BMW 750Li
12/03/2020
EXCEPTIONAL customer service
something that goes a loooong way with car owners is how they are engaged throughout the of process their car's service. Derek (sp) simply understands what listening and then delivering the narrative means where you don't leave the conversation feeling like you've been run over! The Mechanics (i capitalize the M because they deserve the title of Mechanic) are knowledgeable, professional & recognize that you have spent a clip on your luxury vehicle and want it to be treated as though it has value. I will continue to give BAR my business and my family's business as long as the tent stays pitched!

Brava
D
Derek from Bavarian Auto Repair responded on 12/03/2020

Kevin,

Your review means so much to us! If you ever need anything at all, Bavarian Auto Repair will always be there to help you out. Thank you again! :)

David S.
11/28/2020 Category: Service
David said they did really good work. It was a really easy process.