Latest Review about 1 month ago

Kai L.
Princeton, NJ
08/09/2018
Worst experience: 2 month+1 week to repair a dent on a door
For a small dent on the door by someone while my model X was in the parking lot of a shopping mall, the body shop took two months and one week to complete. I turned in the car on 5/5/2018 and got the car back on 7/12/2018. Initially they told me that they would finish by early June because they had to order parts from Tesla. They wanted to change a Falcon wing door, a tire, moldings etc., though the tire was fine as far as I could tell.

I had no car to drive I did not bother insure a rental car while the car is in the body shop. I thought that by paying over 100k, I ought to have a loaner from Tesla.

When I brought the car in on 5/5, they also told me that the bumper had some spots requiring touch up and they would take care of it. I was told that the whole repair would cost over $6000 for a dent, I would pay for the deductible of $1000. But, because they needed to order a new Falcon wing door and the required parts won’t arrive until 5/27. I should expect to pick up the car during the first week of June. But, they did not complete until 7/12.

What happened? I called the body shop everyday or every other day between early June and 7/11. Their receptionist often told me to hold on and then said someone would call me back. But I received no call from anyone during the entire period until the last week of July. One time in the middle of June, I got hold of a manager whose name was Richard. He said that Tesla was slow with all parts and not all have arrived. I called Tesla Body shop advocate group to ask them for help. Finally they told me that all parts arrived according to their database. I got hold of Richard again. He said that two moldings were not good. He had to reorder them. I asked him when he reordered. He said that about 10 days ago when they received the parts, but when I called Tesla body shop support, they said the database said that they ordered on the day Richard talked to me. Apparently, either Richard or Tesla lied. Eventually the parts arrived at the end of June. I got hold of Richard. He said it that they finished paint already and would take them a few hours to assemble the molding. But from that point on, it took over a week for them to finish.

Tesla body shop support tried to help me and finally I was able to get a loaner car from Springfield service center for the last two weeks.

I finally got a call from them saying that they cleaned the car and I could go to pick it up. I returned the loaner and went to the body shop. The door was changed and but the spots that require touch up were still there. The car was not cleaned. The blue tapes inside the car were still there. The battery was near empty. I could not drive home (one hour away).

I asked the manager Richard about the touch up spots. He said that those were not involved in accident. I said the guy examined the car told me that you would take care of it. In fact, the pink marks were still on the car. He used his hand to wipe them off and said that he did not know that. If he would like to have it repair, he could give me another quote. I said okay. His quote was $1,287.50. He said that he would not to touch up. He would take the bumper off and redo the paints. I have returned the loaner and did not want to take the chance to ask them repair the touch up spots. I would never go there again or recommend it to anyone.

SA
Sam A.
Piscataway, NJ
07/21/2018
Avoid this place
Avoid this place completely. Pathetic service, irresponsible staff and poor work. The good ratings are most likely fake. Insurance companies should stop using this place it’s terrible experience. One call was placed on hold for 20mins and said manager was busy and will call back never to. It’s a night mare place avoid it. You are warned. It’s a waiting game to get status of your car. An headache place

Kelly M.
Cranford, NJ
06/13/2016
AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE W/AWESOME RENT-A-CAR
First off, to have a rent-a-car company within a autobody place is a fantastic idea. Secondly. EACH and EVERY PERSON working at Benner's and Enterprise were ALL SO VERY NICE. It made the entire experience fantastic. Now a days, to find anyone that is kind and nice to another is hard to find, not here, they were all so very sincere I would recommend to anyone that needs their car fixed!!!

Maureen D.
Millburn, NJ
12/19/2015
Superior customer service
Friendly, efficient and perfect coordination between Benners, Enterprise and Geico services. All of the details were handled professionally and stress-free.

AP
art p.
North Arlington, NJ
03/11/2015
work is horrible
my car is junk after this place fixed it.stay away

Stephen H.
Union, NJ
04/24/2014
Right on Time!
I had my 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 repaired at Benners through Gieco, It was done earlier than promised and returned to me clean and in great repair.There was some overspray in a few places but was easy to clean up with a clay bar. Over all I would definately reccomend them to all. They are very professional and knowledgable.

Daniela P.
Westfield, NJ
11/18/2013
Great work performed, and professional staff!
I took my car here when I was involved in an auto accident on November 2, 2013. Being that it wasn't my fault I dealt with the other person's insurance company which was Allstate. They have Allstate, Geico, and Enterprise Rentals all at this location. When I brought my car here on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 they had the adjuster there on the spot which was Greg from Allstate who was very helpful, and professional! From there I got my estimate, paperwork handled, and check cut to begin with repair. It wasn't major damage though I did need a rental. Jason with Enterprise was very kind to help me get into a car that was comparable to what I was driving. I had my car back in 2 days that Friday morning on November 15, 2013. They also keep you informed during the enter process. A big thank you to Henry for getting it handled so quickly, and they also had it detailed for me when I picked it up!

EP
Edmonds P.
Ford
11/07/2013 Category: Collision
They were very professional!

GG
Glenn G.
Toyo
10/31/2013 Category: Collision
They did a really nice job, relatively on time, and to our satisfaction.

AW
Anthony W.
Acura
10/29/2013 Category: Collision
I had no problems and everything went smoothly.

PM
Phillip M.
Niss
10/22/2013 Category: Collision
They were very convenient and did a great job.

PG
Patricia G.
10/22/2013 Category: Collision
I don't know if they were young, they did not seem very customer oriented.

Janine G.
10/21/2013 Category: Collision
Everything was made easy including rental.

Kathleen M.
Hyun
10/19/2013 Category: Collision
I thought they were great!

Jatin S.
Toyota
10/12/2013 Category: Collision
There was a part that was wrong and it took extra days to have my vehicle repaired.

SD
Stanley D.
Toyo
10/12/2013 Category: Collision
Over the years I have been to several body shops. Benner's is one of the best I've ever been to.

CP
Carmen P.
10/12/2013 Category: Collision
They are close to my home.

SR
Scott R.
Chry
10/12/2013 Category: Collision
They were ready earlier that anticipated and communicated well with me throughout. I am very, very pleased.

Jeffrey L.
10/11/2013 Category: Collision
They completed the work on time, good quality, easy to work with, and overall very friendly.

PK
Philip K.
10/10/2013 Category: Collision
The length of time the repairs took. They told me they caught a problem and fixed it. Overall they did a good job!