Subaru Impreza Sedan
11/14/2018
Josh is the Best
Josh is the best. Love having my car worked on at Colchin.

Scott W.
Chevrolet Cruze
11/02/2018
Very friendly and knowledgable staff
Received sound advise in how to proceed with a diagnosed issue.

RN
Rick N.
Erie, CO
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
11/01/2018
Oil change and repair service
They have a professional and knowledgable staff.i have used Colchin for years as they are very trustworthy and skilled.

WH
Wendy H.
Golden, CO
10/12/2018
Fast and Wonderful Service
My oil light was going on randomly and I was concerned about it. I was able to bring my car in and wait for it, and also get my tires rotated and an alignment done. I felt so much better addressing the issue right when it happened rather than continuing to drive until something bad occurred. Everyone there is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The waiting room is so nice and clean - not a problem to wait there!

TK
Tony K.
10/08/2018
Great Communication and Customer Service
I recently had my truck in for a heater core replacement. Jason explained everything to me and made sure my truck was finished when he said it would be. They do a great job at Colchin and it begins when you first walk in the door.

MT
Megan T.
10/05/2018
Great service as always!
I really appreciate how Josh took the time to explain each error code from my check engine light. It has helped me to make an informed decision about how much longer I will be keeping my car. Thanks!

RT
Rob T.
Chevrolet Captiva Sport Fleet
09/30/2018
Best Auto Mechanics
Colchin’s is one of the most honest businesses I’ve ever dealt with. They are thorough and knowledgeable and I completely trust them with my cars. I’ve been going to them for over 30 years.

HH
Heidi H.
Nissan Murano
09/29/2018
AMAZING, FAST & VERY WELL PRICED-Colchin can and will do ANYTHING you need!!
Amazing, fast and very well priced as usual! Josh is awesome and always takes care of me & my car, researching the cheapest ways to go about fixing the issues and I always know (immediately, in less than one business day) what is a priority, or what needs to be done first, second and last. I've been going to them for approximately 3 years after dealing with a couple of shady mechanics, and I will continue to go to Colchin for ALL of my future car care needs. In my opinion, there isn't a better mechanic, or group of people to go to and work with, whether you need an oil change or $3k dollars worth of work. It's a family owned business and everybody there is absolutely wonderful!! I highly recommend!!

Kelli M.
Jeep Patriot
09/20/2018
Amazing customer service
I am so impressed with this organization. Their customer focus is so awesome and refreshing, something that you don't see very much anymore. I have been in customer service and sales for over thirty years and this company meets every point that is valued by a successful organization.
I talk about this place alot!

Judy M.
Idaho Springs, CO
Hyundai Santa Fe
09/19/2018
Outstanding Service
As always, the service is impeccable. I will never go anywhere else.

AH
Alexandra H.
Jeep Commander
09/14/2018
Great Service & Communication
Colchin Automotive is the first place I've taken my vehicle where I actually felt comfortable with the diagnosis of the problem, the communication about that problem, the service received AND the associated price. I recommend Colchin's service to everyone and won't take my vehicle anywhere else.

SP
Scott P.
09/13/2018
GREAT SERVICE !
Colchin did a great job of analyzing and resolving all the problems with my Ford Explorer. Will bring all my vehicles to Colchin in the future. Todd and Josh were friendly and knowledgeable with great senses of humor.

Subaru Forester (Natl)
09/12/2018
Would Recommend
Amazing service

Janice S.
Wheat Ridge, CO
Hyundai Santa Fe
09/08/2018
Your people makes me feel like family. My 🚘 likes it too!!
Your staff makes me feel like family. I trust the mechanics. My car likes the attention it receives.

Tony S.
Northglenn, CO
07/17/2018
Outstanding
Very professional and friendly. Colchin looks out for what is in the best interest of their customers making sure there vehicles are operating correctly and save. The office staff are very knowledgeable and the technicians are brilliant, an excellent crew. Even though I live in the mountains, I will always call Colchin for advise and or schedule an appointment.

Honda Civic Si
07/11/2018
5/5
The staff was really nice and answered simple questions that other shops were not able to give me a straight up answer for.

Cynthia S.
06/20/2018
Unauthorized Parts Installed: Terms for Refund (see 6-4-2018 Review)
According to below, Colchin Automotive did not install the requested parts.

Email 6-6-2018 from Todd Colchin / Colchin Automotive, Inc.:
"Hello Cynthia I am very sorry that you are so unhappy in your perception of recent events as they relate to Colchin Automotive, Inc. maintaining your vehicle. We have repeatedly tried to call you with no success. We have answered all BBB requests. We still welcome the opportunity to talk with you face-to-face so that you may see that we are sincere people. We, as a group of professionals, have no ill-intent toward you or any others. I thought you paid by credit card - I should have done better research before responding to your online review of us. I know Josh very well because he has worked here at Colchin Automotive for 17 years. Josh is a good person and I can tell you he feels terrible that you are so unhappy with his work. Josh takes pride in his work and takes the oath of serving people very seriously. We respect our customers wishes and [did (in bold letters)] honor your request for OEM components to be installed. At this juncture we accept that we will not ever be able to convince you of that fact. In lieu of this reality I am prepared to refund your money in full for invoice number _____ in the amount of $___ US dollars. Once you cash my refund check you will at that point have received a high-quality maintenance routine for your vehicle at no cost to you. In other words, Colchin Automotive will have given $___ to you. Cynthia you have made it clear that you feel swindled. I feel the same way. I feel you are leveraging public opinion against Colchin Automotive, Inc. in order to get your vehicle repairs for free. As I write these works I am aware that you are free to post all of it on the internet but I'm ok with that because the general public is astute. The problem lies with you because you [will not (in bold letters] take the time to allow us to educate you about the details of the high quality materials and labor that we delivered per your request. Colchin Automotive is in its 35th year under the same ownership, we didn't get this deep into life by doing what you are accusing us of. A rational conversation would have (and still could) fix all of this. Qualifying Terms and Conditions For Refund Eligibility:
1. The moment the refund check is handed to you. all warranties express or implied by Colchin Automotive, Inc. as it relates to your vehicle for invoice number _____ is null and void. In other words, by receiving goods and services at not cost to you all warranties express or implied are forfeited. 2. By accepting the refund check I Cynthia [Last Name] acknowledge that my dispute with Colchin Automotive, Inc. is resolved and I will take no further action against Colchin Automotive, Inc. now or in the future. 3. I Cynthia [Last Name] agree to stop all public slander of Colchin Automotive, Inc., Josh [Last Name] or any topic related to Colchin
Automotive, Inc. 4. Colchin Automotive, Inc. refund of money to Cynthia [Last Name} is NOT admission of guilt, fault or failure in any way or form. [Your presence at Colchin Automotive, Inc. facility is required to sign a document containing the above stipulations and to receive a refund check in the amount of $___ US dollars. (in bold letters)] Respectfully, Todd Cochlin Colchin Automotive, Inc. [phone number]" [end of email from Colchin Automotive, Inc.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLY: The owner of the vehicle states that the parts that were installed by Colchin Automotive, Inc. were NOT the parts that were requested. And because of that, none of the part numbers that Colchin Automotive, Inc. installed in the vehicle would be able to match the part numbers on the list given to the Service Advisor Josh as the only parts to be installed in the owners vehicle.

Cynthia S.
06/04/2018
Unauthorized Parts Installed
Only "genuine (car manufacturer) parts" were agreed upon to install between the owner of the vehicle and the Service Advisor. A list with the part numbers was provided to the Service Advisor at Colchin Automotive.
BUYER BEWARE:
The Service Advisor assured the owner that "genuine parts" were there and installed. - Notice the Bait and Switch type tactics - the (car manufacturer) name was left out of the Service Advisors statement to mislead the owner that agreed upon parts were installed. Instead, after market parts were installed, which would be considered unauthorized by the owner.
BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU COMPLAINT SUBMITTED (2x):
Colchin Automotive has refused to respond to the details of Better Business Bureau complaints (2x).
Todd C. from Colchin Automotive responded on 06/05/2018

6-5-2018
Hello Cynthia, we have been working with Denver BBB and more importantly we've been trying to contact you. Because all efforts of the BBB and our own have failed we don't know what to do for you. We have a full refund waiting for you but need your credit card to process the refund. Please contact us so we may execute a final solution for you.

Respectfully,

Todd Colchin
Colchin Automotive, Inc.

LC
Lea C.
05/08/2018
False quote
I called to get a quote on the cost of figuring out why 3 of my electric door locks no longer worked. I was quoted $50-60 over the phone. My husband called a couple weeks later to make the appointment and received the same quote. When my husband arrived with the car, he was told the quote is based on time and each door and now it was going to cost $200. They were completely dishonest, gave us a false quote just to get us there. My husband got the keys back and left. Toyota dealership's quote was $150 if that tells you something.
Todd C. from Colchin Automotive responded on 05/09/2018

Good morning Lea I am Todd Colchin, owner of Colchin Automotive. I have read your review. I took time to interview my team about their interaction with your husband. We are all sorry that you and your husband went away with a "not so good" feeling about getting your Toyota repaired - of course it shouldn't be this way. I am certain, after hearing descriptions from both sides that the "comunication" connection was lost between us and you - a break-down in understanding between people occurred. I will call you today, Wednesday May 9, to discuss with you options that will lead us all to a solution to repair your Toyota.

Todd Colchin
Colchin Automotive, Inc.

BW
Barbara W.
Grand Lake, CO
Toyota Tundra
04/14/2018
Great place for auto service.
They are always very professional. Service is done in a timely manner and you know they are honest.