Overall Rating 4.44/5Overall Rating 4.44/5Overall Rating 4.44/5Overall Rating 4.44/5rating 4.44
4.4

VE
Victor E.
Elgin, SC
06/12/2019
A great group of guys and service
Danny has been a great friend of mine for a long time. I have sent a lot of work to him that our shop doesn’t do and never had one complaint. If there’s a job that you or your shop can’t do send it to Danny’s Automotive. Great work and great prices.

Destiny M.
01/23/2019
Take your car elsewhere
I got my truck towed to Danny’s on a Sunday 01/13/2019 called on Monday to figure out what would be my appointment time was told from Matt that we would get to it as soon as we could in that phone call Matt stayed that the diagnosis would range from 55-$110 an hour I agreed. Had to call everyday to get updates . They didn’t pull the truck in till Thursday that week and said they charge me 3 hours to remove a distributor was told it’d be ready by Friday no call Friday they jacked the price up to 500 saying and my truck now has a check engine light ready p1345 which Matt claims I need to buy “ an AC DELCO distributor to remove the code which is bull shit n they won’t fix the light no communication rude no customer service

Dao C.
12/28/2018
Lack of communication, lack of accountability
Our car was at Dannys automotive since 11/18/18. We were specific on needing the radiator, radiator support, oil change, fuel change, and tire replacement. We asked them to also check the car overall and requested an estimate and was told the estimate would take a couple of days. We practically had to call almost everyday bc questions were unanswered. Finally we received a verbal 1st estimate 2 weeks after the car had already been there and agreed to the work for the radiator, etc. About the 3rd week we were told that to get the rest of the job done we would need to put a down payment in order for the parts to be ordered and we gave the down payment the same day of the conversation. We were told it would take 1 week for the parts to come and another week to complete the work. When the 2 weeks were up nothing had been done to the car. At the 2 week mark I went to get the estimate and it was a diagram of the car and parts....No numbers no estimate no detail charges. After calling several times and was told someone would call me back- they didn't. The car was finally completed on 12/27/18 ( only the radiator, support, oil change, tire) the convertible top part was never ordered. So basically we got the run around, too many change of hands when dealing with business, no accountability, no apology, passing the buck, no honesty, no communication between the 2 locations. When we finally picked the car up Danny didn't even come talk to us( as a concerned businessman) and the technician basically wasn't apologetic and blamed the communication on the customer and said we were not the only car. I told them they should had said that from the beginning. They also said we usually don't give an estimate people just trust us and drop their cars off and say fix it. Well as a paying customer that is paying a large amt of money who wouldn't want to #1 know what are they paying for and #2 if it was an insurance case they would ask for an estimate. So no I don't recommend this place to anyone.

MJ
Michael J.
San Luis Obispo, CA
12/13/2018
Not Honest !
I have a small classic car business in California and offer customers pre-purchase inspections anywhere in the USA . I hired Danny, apparently the owner of this establishment, by telephone to inspect an old automobile for a client of mine. He was very friendly and respectful. On the phone we spoke of the requirements of the inspection, we agreed on a price and he accepted the assignment. I sent the assignment to him by email which outlined the inspection requirements we spoke about on the phone ( a completed checklist, magnet test on the car body, 50 photos or more and a test drive)
Danny sat on the job in hesitation of getting started to the dismay of my client, but days later, I received a call from Danny that he had done the inspection but would not send me results without payment up front. In addition, Danny demanded more money than we agreed upon, for the results. I promptly paid Danny anyway and he sent me about 25 photos, no report, no magnet test, no test drive.
My client was of course very dissatisfied and demanded a refund. I repeatedly contacted Danny requesting by email and telephone messages that I would like to be refunded as well. Danny would not answer when I called and hid from me for weeks. I began speaking with his employees. I finally told one of his employees that I would be forced to leave a bad review of his business if he did refund the money within a certain amount of time. At the final hour, Danny sent back less than 1/2 of his fee (by PayPal) and told my client that he refunded me all but $50. Simply not true. Danny was not honest to me or my client. He broke our agreement on price, he went to great lengths to avoid conversation with me and utterly failed to do the job he was paid to do!

CG
Catherine G.
Honda Element
07/12/2017
Oil Change
Always friendly and efficient. They got me in and out in an hour because I had to go to work. Thanks Woody!

Joshua M.
GMC Yukon
07/06/2017 Category: Service
Joshua said they repaired his vehicle and changed the oil. After the oil change, the exhaust started smoking and the oil pressure dropped. He took the vehicle back to them. They had accidentally put too thin of oil in the vehicle. The oil was changed and replaced. The vehicle is operating fine.

PB
Peter B.
Nissan Sentra
07/06/2017 Category: Service
Peter said the business is good. He likes the way the staff treats the customers, and he appreciates it.

B
Buddy
West Columbia, SC
07/03/2017
Great Service -Friendly Staff
They did excellent work on my old Audi A6. Did not try to sell me on services I didnt need

KD
Kim D.
Honda Accord
07/03/2017 Category: Service
Kim said this business is close to his home and he likes this service. They keep him informed in great detail on what he needs done now and in the future.

Joyce A.
Dodge Charger
06/30/2017
Repair Service
I always feel that I'm treated fairly.

Scott S.
Chevrolet Silverado
06/26/2017
Professional staff, expertise and knowledge
Woody and his team always to a great job, and he delivered same day service!

Traci S.
Blythewood, SC
Volvo XC60
06/21/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Lisa. She said she is always very satisfied with the fantastic job the business does. The employees are very friendly, they make time for her, and she has recommended this facility to others. They are awesome.

Duray W.
Blythewood, SC
06/21/2017 Category: Service
Duray said they did a very good job repairing his vehicle.

BC
Brian C.
06/21/2017 Category: Service
Brian said he has been using the business for the last 12 years and they have always been good.

Ryan B.
Winnsboro, SC
06/20/2017 Category: Service
Ryan said this business did good work for a great price.

Janet P.
Elgin, SC
Acura TSX
06/20/2017 Category: Service
Rod said they did a good job but their timing is off. It took one week to get his vehicle back and they did not say why.

GJ
Gill J.
06/19/2017 Category: Service
Gil said he is a very long time customer of this business. They are honest people, they do good work and stand behind their work. He likes their coffee.

PM
Pat M.
Mercedes-Benz CLS500
06/19/2017 Category: Service
Pat said this business has been servicing her vehicles for over 10 years. They always do an outstanding job.

MN
May N.
06/17/2017 Category: Service
May said she was satisfied with the business.

Lisa S.
09/12/2011
New tires
I just had four new tires put on my car and was very pleased with the service, as I always am. I love Danny's Automotive and recommend them to anyone who needs a car serviced.