Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Jr B.
Chevrolet Avalanche
05/25/2018 Category: Service
JR said his overall experience was very good. They gave very good explanations of the problem.

Jeff F.
05/23/2018 Category: Service
Jeff said the business did a great job.

AK
Asif K.
05/21/2018 Category: Service
Asif said the employees were honest. They treated him very well.

Janie R.
Volvo S80
05/19/2018 Category: Service
Janie said she had a pleasant experience.

Mark C.
Nissan Rogue
05/16/2018
Vetting a Used Car
Vetting a used car for me , Duncan did an exceptional job of uncovering the car's damage . I recommend the service to anyone , it can save you lots of money at the negotiating table .

Daryl M.
Hyundai Genesis
05/07/2018
Inspection
Arrived asking for an inspection and drove away in about 15 minutes. Great, professional service. Felt like the staff really cared. They got me in and out in less time than the facility that advertises 10 minute inspection.

FM
Felicia M.
05/02/2018
Best Car Shop
Best car repair shop in Austin. Great service terrific work. I highly recommend them.

Felicia Morrison

ED
Effie D.
Honda Civic Cpe
04/29/2018
Honesty,efficient, integrity
Excalibur Automotive Repair is a great place to get your vehicle serviced.They care about you as a customer and they care about repairing your vehicle, correctly.I will continue taking my car to Excalibur Automotive Repair. I will tell everybody that I know to stop by.They will be happy they did!

AQ
Arianet Q.
04/25/2018 Category: Service
Arianet said the service was quick, the staff were nice, and the work was done well.

PN
Paul N.
04/24/2018 Category: Service
Paul said the business did what they needed to do quickly. The prices were reasonable.

GL
Garrison L.
San Marcos, TX
Chrysler 200
04/23/2018 Category: Service
Garrison said he doesn't have any complaints, and he got what he needed.

Jim C.
Ford Crown Victoria
04/21/2018 Category: Service
Jim said staff members, Brad and James, were very impressive people. They were gentlemen who were kind, considerate, reflective, genuine people who treated him like a friend. They were amazingly informative. He took their suggestion for something to improve things, and they are some of the best people he's ever met. They were recommended to him by an auto parts store.

HA
Hiroaki A.
Lexus SC 430
04/20/2018 Category: Service
Hiroaki said the staff members are great. They gave quick service and he appreciated it.

FF
Fernando F.
04/20/2018 Category: Service
Fernando said they were honest, he was treated with respect and it was done as fast as he needed.

Michelle B.
04/13/2018 Category: Service
Michelle said she went in for an inspection. The staff were nice.

LR
Laurie R.
Hyundai Accent
04/13/2018 Category: Service
laurie said this business is good at fixing her vehicle.

GJ
Gabe J.
Mazda CX-5
04/12/2018
Clean, thorough service with lots of insight into the why's of repair
I've lived in the area for 13 years and had no idea these guys were here until I received a coupon in the mail offering a $59.99 oil change/tire rotation/general vehicle checkup. It was time for an oil change, so why not? After my previous oil change (at a facility that was new to me, and that I will not be going back to for reasons that will very soon be obvious), I'd discovered a leak under the car, particularly in very cold conditions.

I didn't let them know about the existing leak, but they soon came out to notify me that there was indeed evidence of a prior leak. They then volunteered to take me out to the shop, and they showed me the plug and the oil pan. The seal and the oil pan both had small imperfections, very likely from being overtorqued by the previous facility I'd used. They hoped that grinding the spot on the oil pan down and replacing the seal with a comparable one would be enough to prevent further leakage and, indeed, a few weeks out that seems to have worked. It was all done at no extra charge. They went out of their way to make the existing pieces work, without replacing the oil pan, and I'm thankful for that!

Most shops show you all the details of the problem and the repair grudgingly, if at all. It was a joy to have them not only give me specific details about what was wrong and what they'd do for it, but they genuinely seemed excited about sharing that info, and they avoided the upselling and fear-mongering that is the stock-in-trade of so many other shops.

Additionally, they thoroughly cleaned the undercarriage to remove traces of the old oil leak. In fact, the whole shop floor was amazingly clean, as were the techs themselves. Now, I don't care much about how clean or dirty a place or its people are, but I think it just spoke to the care with which they approached their work.

I was here for the oil change special, so you may wonder what normal prices would look like, what with a shop full of ASE Master Techs that take their time and do the job right. I did have them send me some quotes for some work that we'll need in the next year (tune up, brake job, etc.), and they were definitely on the high side of normal, so if cost is your ultimate deciding factor you may need to approach with care. Overall, though, if you need it done right and are willing to pay for it, this seems to be the place to go.

It seems like this place could truly be called a "hidden gem." It's not hard to find once you know it exists, and they truly did great service.

Cay W.
Leander, TX
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
04/08/2018
Personal Service
James helped with a complicated headlight replacement to save time. Thanks, James!

Meredith M.
04/07/2018
Wonderful service! Fast and good price!
I have taken my Subaru to Excalibur several times for annual safety checks and oil changes and would definitely recommend them! They offer fair prices, are fast service and are honest with you about what is wrong with your vehicle instead of coming up with a lot of things that really are not wrong!

James M.
Nissan Quest
04/01/2018
Far More Than I Expected!
I have never been there before, even though I'm only a short distance away from the shop. I walked in and it's the cleanest, most professional auto shop I've ever been in. I needed my engine lite checked as to why it was on and instead of them doing the repair and charging me, they informed me that they believe this particular was still under warranty and that I should take it to the dearer.

I really appreciated their honesty and integrity, it was refreshing! Whatever my car needs, whenever it needs it I know where I'll be taking it there from here on out! And I will be sharing them with everyone I know!

Great people to know!