Latest Review about 1 month ago

WQ
William & Jayne Q.
07/06/2018
Best BMW shop in the Low Country
Complementing the Exclusively Bimmer team is easy. There are not enough words to express our appreciation for what they do for us and we are a two BMW family. They are very professional, knowledgeable and curteous. Having owned BMWs for more than 38 years I can offer with confidence they are the best BMW shop I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

Bill & Jayne Quinn
Isle of Palms, SC

DJ
DAVID /DANIELA J.
11/08/2017
Very professional mechanics.
I love bringing my Bimmer here, I know they will do a excellent job on the car every time.

KELLY/JACK M.
11/07/2017
They are Honest and do Great Work
I took my car in for a Oil Change, they called me and said that when I had some work done in May that the piece they installed was defective and they were going to replace it, No Charge, Put me in a Rental Car and filed with the Warranty Company! I had to do nothing. They could have done my Oil Change and never said a word but they are Honest and do Great Work! I will never take my Car back to Rick Hendricks again! EB is my Go to Place!

ALANSON B.
BMW 128i
11/05/2017
Dash Light
Took my BMW in because the dash light indicated a brake issue. Was advised, after a mechanic looked at the car, that it was a sensor issue--the car did not need replacement of pads and possibly rotors. A no charge review. I have the highest respect for the integrity of Exclusively Bimmers and the way they treated me as a valued repeat customer.

STEVE W.
11/03/2017
Something has changed...
Work was fine but price was crazy high - $500 for two hoses, will shop around before coming back.

MI
MICHAEL I.
Summerville, SC
11/02/2017
Disappointed
This service was far and away the worst in all the years Dennis or his operation has been servicing my cars. I started with Dennis when he worked on his own out of a shared space with one lift in West Ashley and I have stayed with him all these years through all his moves. I am now having doubts because so many things went wrong.
The maintenance was expected to take 1 day but at the end of the day the car hadn't even been assessed.
Maintenance started on day 2 and took all day. A test drive then revealed a noisy water pump. Why wasn't this detected before when the assessment was done? Delay into day 3. Test drive and expansion tank ruptured. Yet another delay.
Car was washed which was appreciated and this was done as a courtesy. But then a bogus $12 fuel payment was added to my bill. No gas was put into my car so this is a lie. The sticker put on the windshield is for regular oil and my car takes only synthetic. So the mileage was wrong and the return date was wrong. I called about this and Tiffany was quite off hand in suggesting I come by and get a new sticker. I had to suggest to her that she should mail me a new sticker. But the bigger question - was conventional or synthetic oil used?
The air filter was not changed and Brett (sp?) said I declined it, which I did not. He does not listen. He seems to space out and gives answers irrespective of what I say. I asked for my car to be locked up in the compound when done because I can't pick it up in the afternoon and so I would be there in the morning. He heard none of this and said the car would be outside with the key on the tire. I had to repeat myself.
If you can't get the small things right how can I trust you to get the big things right? I had a long talk with Dennis about this on November 2 and he did what he could to correct the shortcomings of others. He also offered to help with parts when, on a future visit (if there is one) the new and disconcerting wobble in the driver's seat is eliminated.
Under the current circumstances I cannot recommend this business to a friend. I am giving a generous 3 stars because I am going to trust Dennis when he said "we're getting the big things right but not the small things". Without my history with Dennis and my belief that he can get this sorted out I would have rated my experience lower. Nevertheless my confidence has been shaken.
Sincerely,
Michael Irving

BQ
BILL Q.
10/30/2017
On time and under budget
Great customer service. The work was accomplished on time and under budget. It’s always a pleasure to do business with the staff at Exclusively Bimmer.

CI
CHERYL I.
Sullivans Island, SC
10/28/2017
BMW
The extreme knowledge and kindness of there employees 😁

RD
ROB D.
MINI Cooper Hardtop
10/28/2017
Always great and honest service
Thank you for the great work and for helping me understand what needed to be done and what I could pace out to help me afford the right repairs for the car!

RICK B.
10/25/2017
They earned a lifetime customer on my first visit!
On a previous visit to the local dealership told me I had a slow oil leak and recommended a $2300 repair. Having never noticed an oil leak or low oil level, I chose to wait. Recently went into Exclusively Bimmers for a oil change. They noted a small oil leak as well, but told me it was no immediate concern, but should I want to get it repaired, it would cost $648.

JACOB F.
10/19/2017
Excellent!
Great experience!
Great business!

DENNIS M.
10/19/2017
Exceptional, as usual!
It’s personal with them; it’s always like they are servicing their own vehicles.

JAIME B.
10/15/2017
Service Repair
It’s hard to find honest and helpful mechanics but that is what you get here! I have taken my BMWs to them for years and trust them more than the local dealer.

EL
ERIC L.
10/13/2017
A little let down
I've been a patron of exclusively BIMMERS since I've moved to Charleston , this visit was a little upsetting. After discussing my fault and troubleshooting to the front desk personnel ,my car was in there possession for a full day , for them to tell me the same things I already knew. I was told at 11am they couldn't fix the issue due to high volume of customers, very upsetting for someone who had a scheduled appointment. After everything was said and done I spent $140 to find out the same thing I already knew. I used to pick this shop as my first choice shop, but I think I'll continue to shop around.
JORDAN W. from Exclusively Bimmers responded on 10/16/2017

Hey Eric, wish we could have made you happy with the time we spent on your vehicle.  Unfortunately when following behind anyone elses work, we have to diagnose whatever the issue is ourselves.  To do anything else would take us down a path of making assumptions, something we can not stand behind.  As far as the timing of looking at your vehicle, we looked at it the same day it was scheduled and had some additional time to go farther if needed.  If there was a missunderstanding that you declined any furthur work, please let me know.  If there are any other questions I can answer for you Eric, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Jordan

DR. TERRY R.
BMW 135is
10/13/2017
Service Recovery
So, even after years of interaction, miscommunications and failed expectations happen sometimes. But the test of continuing that relationship is how well they rise to the challenge of doing a good service in turn for the customer. I have to give Doug and his team credit, in my recent case they really were generous, and I was impressed. I already know the service technicians/mechanics are top notch here, so if management is treating them as well as they showed me they care about keeping a regular customer, that’s a winning combination for customer, and employee, retention. Win, Win. Thanks all!

SALLY/TRAVIS W.
10/12/2017
BMW
Best customer service and they never try to sell you anything you really don’t need! I trust th m so much that I send my 17 year old daughter there and know they will not try to take advantage or scam her! Very respectful employees and environment!!

DAVID B.
10/11/2017
Predictably competent and friendly
This time my repair involved a black box electronic issue and was very expensive but I admittedly have no idea how reasonable the repair price was. But my experience with Exclusively Bimmers has given me a level of trust with them that convinces me that it is always a fair price. The customer service was, as usual, outstanding. Dennis has taught them well.

DICK S.
10/10/2017
Very satisfied
Convenient, good service work. In and out as promised.

NL
NANCY / ROBERT L.
Johns Island, SC
10/08/2017
Great service and staff
Always great service! Have been going here for years with my 2008 535i.

JOHN K.
Moncks Corner, SC
10/06/2017
Beyond outstanding service and grossly exceeding expectations
Whenever I’ve had any interaction with exclusively bimmers, from a simple question to massive emergent maintenance, they have been the pinnacle of professionalism and accommodation. They are the only ones I’ll take my car to for service. They have a vast wealth of knowledge and only provide the best parts. On top of that their prices are very reasonable. I had my car taken in for repairs, and they went above and beyond, then when something was still wrong they brought it back in and spent 2 hours troubleshooting until they fixed it and any other problems, at absolutely no cost. Their commitment to the quality of their work is unmatched and I’ve been all over the country and dealt with MANY BMW dealerships and repair shops. I have and will continue take my car to them for service and recommend that anyone I know with a BMW do the same.