SA
Steven A.
Trabuco Canyon, CA
07/13/2018
Feeling scammed
I contacted Sam at First Call Auto because I have a 2004 Ford Explorer V8 and the engine was making a loud noise, but no check engine light was on, so I thought it was a timing chain. I chose this shop because it’s right down the street from my house, so I drive by it every day. Sam came to my house and towed my car to his shop. He called me a couple of days later and told me that the engine was damaged and would have to be replaced. Because of the age and value of the car, I thought about just scrapping it, but Sam told me that for $4500 he would replace the engine, do the seals on the transmission and give me a full year warranty on both the engine and transmission. He asked me to pay in advance as he had to buy the new engine, so I paid him the $4500. He told me the car would be ready in 4-5 days and that he would call me when it was done. I didn’t hear from him for a week, so I stopped by the shop to see if the car was ready, but it appeared that no work had been done on my vehicle. Sam, who is a very nice and polite person, apologized for the delay, blaming his employees and told me it would be done in a couple of days, then a couple of days more, then another week, then a couple of days more, on and on and on. My car was towed to this shop on April 26, 2018, today is July 13, 2018, and my car is still not repaired. When I stopped by the shop today to see how it was going, my vehicle was sitting in the same spot as the last 15 times I’ve been by there, and it’s covered in dirt and looks like no one has worked on it. When I went into the shop, the clerk in the office said it was his 2nd day of work and he didn’t know anything about my car, another story I have heard previously in my many trips to this shop to visit my imprisoned car. Sam, the owner, has simply stopped responding to my direct inquiries to him as to when my vehicle will be fixed as agreed. My vehicle has been at this shop for 77 days now with no end in sight. While visiting my car at Sam’s shop one day recently, I had a long conversation with a woman who had a similar story as mine, so BEWARE people. I’m going to post reviews everywhere I can to try and warn my neighbors, and my next move, later today, is filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Martha H.
Brea, CA
Jeep Patriot
07/03/2018 Category: Service
Martha said the staff was nice, and completed the service in a timely manner.

SD
Shane D.
Isuzu Rodeo
06/16/2018 Category: Service
Shane said it was quick, convenient service. The employees worked with him and negotiated a price.

HB
Hilde B.
05/26/2018 Category: Service
Hilde said the business was very friendly and helpful. They provided very good service, with no issues.

Acura TL
05/17/2018
Brake Check
I took my car in to have the brakes checked, they were friendly and drove me home where I got a call saying my brakes were good, I was very pleased as many times if one service isn’t necessary they seem to find something that need to be done.
Very happy with their service. Gave the car to my son but will have him take it to them for future services

Charlene M.
Mitsubishi Eclipse
05/03/2018
Nice people and good service
They took care of my car issue right away

Anuj B.
04/23/2018 Category: Service
Anuj said the service was good and quick.

Joshua C.
Anaheim, CA
04/19/2018 Category: Service
Joshua said he would recommend the business for service.

Joseph C.
Mission Viejo, CA
Mercedes-Benz E320
04/17/2018 Category: Service
Joseph said the service is great.

HM
humaira` m.
04/14/2018
Honest and good listener
Nice job and very good helper and no regrets always happy with service

VM
Vinod M.
Toyota Avalon
04/01/2018
Prompt, fast service!
I like that your service is fast and prompt, and you did the oil change just after I called you. Thanks for that!
But I would suggest two things to improve it:
1. Give a quote to the customer before accepting the car into your garage, I mean a "written" quote, don't leave it vague, and then STICK to it!
2. Most people don't like ANY smell of cigarette smoke in the car, at least I don't - so your mechanics need to have smoke-free hands when working on the car - even driving it into your garage! Please!
Your shop is a welcome and needed addition to the Foothill Ranch area residents. Thanks.

Jeffrey P.
Westminster, CA
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Jeffrey said the tire pressure light in his vehicle was supposed to go off, but it is still on and he will be returning to get it looked at.

LG
Luis G.
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Luis said he was not happy with the experience because it took too much time. They originally told him 3 days but it took 2 weeks, so he was without a vehicle. He was surprised when he paid the bill because they were not professional enough to call him before starting the work to let him know what the problem was and how much it was going to cost. He was not expecting to be charged over $1000. In addition, their explanation of the problem was not convincing and they didn't provide pictures or proof. They told him the problem was a corroded wire coming from the battery, but he had just changed the battery 3 days prior to taking the vehicle in for service. He would however, still recommend this business for service because they were able to fix the problem.

Joe W.
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Dodge Dakota
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Joe said his vehicle is running fine, the location is convenient, and he appreciates all the hard work done by Sam.

Alemie M.
Nissan Murano
03/13/2018
Polite-Friendly-Responsive and Quick !
Thank you for helping me with my car Oil and Filter change!

KN
Kevin N.
Lake Forest, CA
03/12/2018 Category: Service
Kevin said the employees were very accessible. He stated he felt he could probably have called the facility at any time during the day to get straightforward answers on his vehicle's progress.

EL
Eduardo L.
02/22/2018 Category: Service
Eduardo said he is more than satisfied with the service.

KW
Kiyoko W.
Laguna Hills, CA
Saturn Aura
02/19/2018
Take last min calls and starts the service on the car immediately after arriving. It's like having a personal car mechanic. Plain Awesomeness 😀
I literally did not have a working air condition unit in my car and was told by dealerships that ot woyld be nearly indane money to fix. I saw the First calk call auto sign pulled up and was welcomef like a queen. I received an oil change and when I drove off the lot my air conditioner was working. Wow right..smh amazing. .Thank you Lord. That are reasonably priced, uber friendly and professional.

Chad S.
California
Mercedes-Benz C230
02/15/2018 Category: Service
Chad said he would recommend the business for service.

Charlene M.
Anaheim, CA
Mitsubishi Eclipse
01/26/2018
Very nice place with courteous staff.
I’m completely satisfied and will call for my oil change soon.