Gearheads Transmission And Complete Auto Repair

Encino, CA
Kia Soul
11/26/2019
Not Just Good Mechanic"s but Honest
Israel came to my rescue last week when I had a family emergency and needed my car. He repaired my break switch in less than an hour and drove across town to get the part. Also charged me a fair price for the repair. I can't say enough good things about Gearheads Transmission. Thank you for going above and beyond during a very stressful time.

JAMES R.
11/20/2019
Awesome mechanic
Always on top of my Tahoe. Anytime I go here always feel like family. Thanks

CHERYL C.
11/16/2019
Gearheads saves you money and are very trustworthy
Israel and the guys in the shop are so nice. You know when you go to Gearheads they will find what is wrong with your car and get it fixed at an affordable price. The bonus, they don’t try and sell you on things you don’t need done. Fixed my catalytic converter and I didn’t go broke. Love these guys.

LJ
LISA J.
Valley Village, CA
Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe
11/15/2019
Amazing service
So very happy I was recommended to bring my car to Israel’s shop. I had just purchased a car for my son and needed it checked out to assure it was safe for him to drive. He was very thorough, let me know what we’re the must haves and what we can do later. I now feel confident in allowing him to drive the car and he was reasonably priced as well.

MANNY M.
Mission Hills, CA
Mercedes-Benz E350
11/08/2019
Very honest, clearly explained the work to be performed
Gearhead has very reasonable repair estimate compared to Aamco & A1 Transmission. Also, the owner assists in looking for financing (monthly installment) in case customer is short of funds- I am one of his customers who was a recipient of such assistance.

JOHN D.
11/08/2019
Honest and Trustworthy
Israel, the mechanic, was extremely helpful and honest about the work that he did to my 2004 Honda Odyssey. He carefully explained the problem of my transmission leak. He told me every detail on what course of action he should take to correct the problem. I went to several Honda dealers and almost all of them told me that I needed a new transmission. It seems to me that they are all so untrustworthy. The car has only 75k miles. One of these dealers told me to put Lucas stop leak and it didn’t work. Yet, Israel discovered the problem and the solution to be far less drastic than I had originally anticipated. Aside from the gasket that he replaced on the tranny, he recommended to replace the rear main seal and the internal filter while the transmission is down from the vehicle. Because of his honesty, I saved several hundred dollars for this kind of job. Dealers will only fix what you want them to do, and they won’t tell you what needs to be done the proper way. I rarely have problems with my car. But when I do, I’m having anxiety taking it to a mechanic. But my interaction with Israel has definitely changed that previously unhappy perception from the dealership. I’m glad I found this place and I highly recommend it.

STEVEN B.
Honda Element
10/29/2019
So far, so good.
This is the first time I've used Gearheads, but Isreal took the time to explain the needed repairs (brake issues on a 2007 Honda Element) as well as answering all my questions. While he was figuring out the estimate, I hopped online to see what the average repair cost was for this area. Isreal's price was below median, so that, coupled with 12000mi. /12 no. warranty on the parts and labor, I went ahead. He had the work done in a couple of hours, and all feels (and sounds) good.

ADRIAN S.
Jeep Compass
10/15/2019
Great Service, Highly Knowledgeable
These guys are great. Same day service and very knowledgeable. Easy to communicate with. They'll even show you the defective or replaced part!

10/15/2019
Awesome service
Awesome service.

TD
TITO D.
10/09/2019
Gearheads is Fast Friendly and Reliable
I have been taking my cars to Gearheads the past two years now. This is my number one stop for all my car repairs. I always feel there's a personal touch because you're always treated like family here. Israel the owner is honest and his staff do a fantastic job getting the car repaired quickly with no hassles and the quoted price is always fair and reasonable. Israel is a very professional and knowledgeable mechanic and always gives you his honest opinion on what your car really needs unlike other auto mechanics out there who routinely overcharge and/or trick you into paying for services you don't even need.

MANUEL S.
Honda Accord Coupe
10/03/2019
Best place and people EVER!
I want to thank Israel for been such a food custumer service adviser and person, when I first got to the location I thought it was the wrong place but once I walk there I felt like if I was home. Israel was such a great adviser I took my 2014 Honda accord for a transmission problem and he took care of it in no time, I left the car for a check up and he call me to give me options and that's what I like the most because some places they tell you o is these and that's it, and they won't give you any options. I'm most definitely satisfied with the work, time and custumer satisfaction. I live in Highland Par and for me to drive all the way there is because is with it. I will recommend everyone to go and take your car to them they do almost everything.

North Hollywood, CA
Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe
09/29/2019
I know I’m getting the best service and honest diagnosis.
I trust Israel and Gearheads with all my vehicles. He recently diagnosed my son’s first car - with the issues that would help extend the life of the car. He was very specific and why he made these recommendations and what could wait until later dates.

DA
DAVID A.
09/21/2019
Transmission work
I would recommend this shop to any on really good service thx

SD
SAAD D.
09/06/2019
Gear heads trans.& auto repair
Dependable, reasonable, reliable in managing the auto repair shop , professionally .
Highly recommended.

Nissan Rogue Select
08/25/2019
Nissan Rogue
Customer service was excellent, they provided information about your car and explains everything your car need.

LARRY S.
08/24/2019
This place is a diamond
Look, these folks replaced my 2014 Toyota Camry Transmission, twice actually when the first trans proved defective. What impressed me was the honestly. They IMMEDIATELY recognized and acknowledged the problem with the first replacement and had the second replacement (now trouble free 6 months and counting) installed in a day and a half. Since then they've become my preferred auto shop for everything, which brings me to today.

During a routine oil change yesterday I mentioned that the battery was going. Instead of mindlessly replacing it, these folks checked the alternator (just to be on the safe side) and discovered the voltage output was low (which is why the battery was dying). My install's scheduled for Monday when I'll be unavailable to write this review. However, history tells me to expect the repair to go well. So unless I make another entry, assume just that!

These guys are fair, love their work and care about their customers, that's why they're good and why I don't worry about quality or price.

PS To be clear... NO! I'm not a relative, close friend or sex partner (🙄) of the owner. I'm just a satisfied customer like you will be if given a chance.

Larry

EW
ELIJAH W.
VAN NUYS, CA
08/12/2019
Fast and Respectful Service
Extremely respectful people, felt taken care of the second I walked in. Repair was done a day earlier than expected. One of the best car repair experiences I’ve ever had.

PC
Patrick C.
Canoga Park, CA
Ford Crown Victoria
08/09/2019 Category: Service
Patrick said the staff were a pleasure to do business with. They did what he asked them to do and got it done sooner than promised.

Michael D.
Woodland Hills, CA
Honda Civic Sdn
07/24/2019 Category: Service
Michael said he showed up to the business without an appointment and they took care of him.

Randy H.
Simi Valley, CA
07/22/2019 Category: Service
Randy said the staff did a good job. He stated they let him know what was happening and didn't pull any punches.