Handel Automotive Service Inc

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Karla K. ReScore Review on 06/09/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Stand Behind Their Work"
Recently I took my 2003 Ford Escape XLT in for a maintenance, tune-up and troubleshooting before a weekend trip to IA. Although, the truck was running better after spark plugs were replaced it did breakdown due to part failure (EGR valve). Upon return we discussed the issues and they agreed to replace one of the catalytic converters for free for the inconvenience that was experienced by the breakdown. Thanks for working with me to fix any remaining issues so I could get it running better and back on the road again.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 04/29/2016
Review Created: 05/15/2016 11:31 PM

"Brakedown After Tune-up"
Took 2003 Ford Escape in for maintenance, tune-up and trouble-shooting before weekend trip to IA. The truck has been taken there over the years. After picking up I headed out of town I noticed the engine light was still on. Didn't have time to take back in. Called to get reassurance to continue out-of-town (it was running better). Drove to IA, running better but not without misfiring still and some hesitation upon acceleration. Upon starting up for return on Sunday, it was running very rough, hoped it just needed to warm up. It broke down 10 miles out of town requiring a tow back to town. The EGR valve blew a hole and needed to be replaced along with coils. The exhaust is shot and needed to be vented which needs replacement as well. We need to work something out about the last visit and still needed repairs.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 04/29/2016
Review Created: 05/15/2016 11:31 PM
Darryl and Laurie D. at Handel Automotive Service Inc responded on 05/16/2016

Hi Karla,
Very sorry to hear you had problems on your trip, I will contact you personally to get a better idea of what happened. But rest assured if any of this was caused by the work we performed, we will absolutely do as needed to rectify the matter, You are and always will be a valued customer.

Bill