Hilliard Tire Center

Brian J. on 01/04/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Smiling at me all the way to MY Bank"
Just moved to Hilliard and needed a good, honest mechanic. So called around and found these guys. Friendly and talkative as all get out but the price was ridiculous. Charged me 3 1/2 times the price of the parts and 2x the labor of another shop. Too bad for me I didn't call the other shop until AFTER I'd already had the work done. Good riddins Hilliard Tire
Service Date: 11/03/2016
Review Created: 01/04/2017 04:02 PM
Casey G. on 09/24/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Beware: avoid this place at all cost"
As another reviewer said, they must be paying for these positive reviews or the people that are reviewing just don't know they are being f***ed over. These people will absolutely take more money than necessary from you.

They "fixed" my catalytic converter and entire AC system for $3000?? I thought that was pricey but I was just very ignorant to cars. So maybe i deserved that.

Although, just recently I have returned there to simply get my turn signal switch fixed. Which they charged 300$ for, even though the part online costed $44. Almost 120$ an hour in labor? That is ridiculous. Then I take it home and WHAT DO YOU KNOW-- the switch doesn't work still and now my brights don't work either. Not to mention that in the original call I told them not to work on my car, yet they did anyways then insisted I pay for the 300$ switch. So I did. Silly me.

Then they start telling me that the brake pads, rotors, and calipers need changed... hmm. This sounded suspicious to me, they quoted me at ~$600 for the repair. I told them no, took my car to another repair guy that I know and he says the brakes aren't even worn... Possibly could last for ANOTHER YEAR.

Avoid Hilliard tire center at ALL COST. They will sucker you in by being nice and seeming genuine, but at the end of the day your credit card will tell the truth.

Not to mention the work that they have done on my car has been SHITTY. Couldn't even fix a bead leak in my tire without it popping back open the next day.

If you go here, go at your own risk.
Service Date: 09/23/2016
Review Created: 09/24/2016 10:47 AM
Aaron T. on 08/22/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Must be paying for all the good reviews on here..."
I read a number of good reviews for this place, and how they were "different" from the normal price-gouging mechanic, so I decided to take my care in here.

The first time, I needed some tires for my Pontiac Grand Am. They ran off the options, which ranged from about $150 per tire, on up to $200+. I told them I couldn't afford that, so I was on my way to pick my car up to take it elsewhere. Not three minutes later they called me back, making some excuse about how the computer was freezing up, but that they found some for $100 each. Sounds like a typical mechanic trick to me.

The next time wasn't so much a gyp, but it was still an annoying experience: My tires had a hole in them, and were slowly leaking air, so I took it here to have it patched. After looking at it, they informed me that there were two very small holes, side-by-side, and that there was no way to patch them; I would need new tires. Again, I told them to just hold onto it, and I would be in the next day to pick it up. While filling up with air every week was getting annoying, I simply couldn't afford new tires at the time.

Go to pick it up the following morning, and there's a $25 charge (good thing I brought my wallet!) As it turns out, it COULD be patched, no one just bothered to tell me that. But if I would have believed them from the get-go and decided to get new tires, would they have suddenly realized it could be plugged? Guarantee you not.

This is just a typical chain mechanic (only without the chain), who will try to take more money from you than is necessary. Sure, if you just say you'll pick your car up, they'll magically find a much cheaper fix, but that doesn't seem like a friendly, honest mechanic to me in the first place, nor does it sound like the reviews I'm reading about.

But it happened to me both times I went in, and I take my car elsewhere now.
Service Date: 08/13/2014
Review Created: 08/22/2015 06:30 AM
Ken K. on 05/26/2014
"Good customer service"
They always call and get approval for all work to be completed. They explain everything in detail
Vehicle: Mazda Protege
Service Date: 04/03/2014
Review Created: 05/26/2014 11:52 AM
Joseph C. on 05/23/2014
Joseph said that this business does a good job and he would like them to keep up the good work. They provided great service for his vehicle.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 05/10/2014
Review Created: 05/23/2014
Aaron W. on 05/23/2014
Aaron said that the business is good about keeping in contact and provides good service.
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 05/14/2014
Review Created: 05/23/2014
Ike D. on 05/22/2014
Ike said everything was done quickly and on time.
Vehicle: Cadillac Escalade ESV
Review Created: 05/22/2014
Jean D. on 05/22/2014
Jean said they have always been up front with her.
Vehicle: Acura 3.5RL
Review Created: 05/22/2014
Kris J. on 04/21/2014
Kris said everything was hunky-dory and done promptly.
Service Date: 04/19/2014
Review Created: 04/21/2014
Leslie J. on 04/17/2014
Leslie said this business is courteous and they finished in a timely manner.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 04/14/2014
Review Created: 04/17/2014
Chris D. on 04/17/2014
Chris said this business always provides great service. They are always there for her when she needs them.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 04/01/2014
Review Created: 04/17/2014
Kyle P. on 04/14/2014
Kyle said this business has great prices and he is really happy with them.
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 04/11/2014
Review Created: 04/14/2014
Bill S. on 04/11/2014
"Great Service!"
As always, great, quick service!!
P.S. My vehicle is a 2011 Silverado, mileage is correct.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 04/09/2014
Review Created: 04/11/2014 08:16 AM
Connie L. on 04/11/2014
Connie said this business has done all the work on her vehicles.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Review Created: 04/11/2014
Greg B. on 04/11/2014
Greg said they did a good job on his vehicle.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Review Created: 04/11/2014
Karen M. on 04/08/2014
"Customer Service is priority 1"
I first became acquainted with the guys at Hilliard Tire about 2 months ago. I had a dead battery. They jumped my battery and took my car into their shop. Turns out I needed an alternator. New alternator in...I went on my way. On my way home, my car died again--not good on Hilliard-Rome Road. Marty came out...looked at it, decided the alternator was bad. He had the car towed back to the shop and they installed a new alternator the following day. Did I mention Marty took me home and then picked me up after my car was ready. Flash forward to this visit. Two lights were blinking on my dash (battery and brake). I called Marty and took my car in to have him take a look. You know it would not blink while Marty was in the car with me. We came up with a plan. Turns out, my car had its own plan. Sunday, March 30, I woke up to a dead battery. I'm thinking, really--new battery was installed in October, new alternator in late February. I called and left a message for Marty and the crew. Marty called me on Monday when the shop opened. He had my car towed in to the shop, offered to drive me to work, (due to my having meetings to attend and he not being able to get the car done until Tuesday he thought), I declined his generous offer and rented a car. I was surprised to hear from Marty at 1 pm that afternoon...noting my alternator had been defective. They installed a new one and got the car done on the same day it went in for service. Reluctantly, I returned my rental (a 2013 Dodge Charger) and got my car back. Due to the defective part, there was no charge. Marty did say as I was leaving, "I hope we don't see you anytime soon with issues." I told him "You will see me...but it will be for my oil change." I went in 2 months ago for one repair, and because of the way I am treated and the quality of service, they have a customer for life.
Vehicle: Hyundai Tucson
Service Date: 04/01/2014
Review Created: 04/08/2014 10:11 AM
Jeff S. on 04/08/2014
Jeff said this business does a good job and have great prices. The lobby and waiting room area could use a little attention.
Vehicle: Isuzu Axiom
Review Created: 04/08/2014
Dean H. on 03/29/2014
Dean said this business took care of his vehicle immediately. They are always very prompt and do a good job.
Vehicle: GMC Savana
Service Date: 03/28/2014
Review Created: 03/29/2014
Brandon G. on 03/28/2014
Brandon said on his last visit, they were really nice to him and provided him a discount to compensate for the prior visit. On the prior visit, they were really rude to him and the guy charged him for an extra quart of oil when his truck doesn't take that. He will not recommend them because of the prior experience, their lack of organization and not knowing what they're doing.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 03/08/2014
Review Created: 03/28/2014
Robert K. on 03/25/2014
Robert said he received good service.
Vehicle: Dodge Challenger