Overall Rating 4.14/5Overall Rating 4.14/5Overall Rating 4.14/5Overall Rating 4.14/5rating 4.14

Overall Rating 1.5714286/5rating 1.5714286rating 1.5714286rating 1.5714286rating 1.5714286
Overall Rating 1.71429/5rating 1.71429rating 1.71429rating 1.71429rating 1.71429

PK
Pradeep K.
09/18/2018 Category: Service
Nice staff

San Mateo, CA
2017 Hyundai Sonata Plu
09/18/2018 Category: Service
The people there are really sweet and very helpful!

09/16/2018 Category: Service
7500 mile service
In and out in time stated.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Your opinion and suggestions matter to us. We hope to see you on your next service. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call or text me at 650.451.5841. Have a wonderful day.

2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
09/15/2018 Category: Service
Thanks mark for helping me out with my car and thank you victor for giving me a ride home with the convenient shuttle service

MF
Marina F.
09/13/2018 Category: Service
I love that they can give us a ride to where we have to work while waiting for our car to be serviced, and they clean or wash the car too

Hello Marina Furlan,

2012 Hyundai Genesis Co
09/13/2018 Category: Service
Inability to communicate or timely repair a car unless it’s to upsell
Unfortunately and regretfully, I purchased the maintenance package and extended warranty for my car, so I can’t avoid taking it to a Hyundai dealership. There are no other conveniently located dealerships, particularly since the Burlingame service center closed a couple years ago. I absolutely dread taking my car into the Serramonte dealership. Without fail, each visit has been with a service agent who solely focuses on repeated, shameless attempts to upsell me, while lacking the slightest ability to effectively address the actual reason for my visit.

My last visit was no exception. I dropped my car off around noon for an oil change and check engine light assessment. The service agent told me it would be over a $100 for the assessment, if the cause of the engine light was not covered by warranty. I advised that I had the extended warranty. He then proceeded to try to upsell me over $1,400 in services for 60k maintenance and close to $2,000 in tires. I declined. He said he would contact me about the possible repairs and whether the warranty would cover them by 2:30p that day, but I could text him for updates. 2:30p passed, so I texted him for an update. No response. Around 3:30p, I called. Whoever answered said the agent was busy and would call me in a few minutes. I did not get a call back until after 4:15p, when I was walking back into the dealership to speak with someone in person. The service agent then told me that a valve for the turbocharger failed, needed to be replaced, and it would cost me over $400. I asked if it failed why it wasn’t covered by the warranty. He said because I was slightly over 60k miles. I told him again that I had the extended warranty. He acted surprise and obviously had not contacted the warranty department as he had said he would. He said he would call them, but then asked again if I wanted to buy the 60k service and tires. I said no. He said he would be right back to see if the warranty covered the repairs. After 15 minutes, he came back and confirmed only that I did in fact have the extended warranty. He clearly hadn’t figured out, however, if the warranty covered the repairs. He said he thought the warranty would cover the repairs and he would call on Friday to ask because tomorrow (Thursday) was his day off. I left, but not before he asked me one more time if I wanted the tires. On Friday, the agent called and said the repairs were covered by the warranty and someone would call when it was ready to pick up.

Almost 2 weeks later, I still hadn’t been called about the status of my car. I called the dealership around 9:45a and was told the service agent didn’t work there anymore, the manager had taken over that agent’s cars, and the manager would call me in a few minutes. At 12:45p, I still had received a call, so I called again. No one answered so I left a message. By 3:30p, I still hadn’t received a call, so I called again. The person who answered seemed to recognize my name (presumably from all my calls) and said that the manager would call me back in a few minutes. She acknowledged that she told me that that morning, but this time she meant it. At 4:45p, I still had not received a call, so I called again. The same woman who answered the phone put me on hold to go talk to the manager. After 5 minutes on hold, she said the paperwork was messed up (she couldn’t explain what she meant by this), but my car was ready to be picked up. I told her I would be there to get it in the morning.

The next morning I went to the dealership to get my car. The agent told me that I owed around $500 for the repair. I said it was supposed to be covered by the warranty. It took several employees and a post-it note attached to my car’s paperwork for Hyundai to confirm that I did not in fact owe any money. After everything was said and done, it took 2 weeks, 6 phone calls, and a text message for the dealership to do an oil change and repair a valve that apparently only required 1 hour of labor.
Felicia C. from Hyundai of Serramonte responded on 09/15/2018

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We truly apologize for any invconvenience. I will let upper management know about your concerns. If you can kindly give me a call back regarding this matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please give me a call or text at 650.451.5841. Have a wonderful day!

09/13/2018 Category: Service
The people in the service dept
frank

CK
Carlo K.
Daly City, CA
2014 Hyundai Elantra Gt
Outstanding Customer Care
Sales staff and management (Tommy Gheran and Chinh Nguyen) have gone above and beyond to answer my question about my new car and fulfilled my request to find a great car that I now own- 2018 Hyundai Tucson. I will be returning to this dealership in the future for my next car purchase.

Hello Carlo Koch,

Tara B.
Belmont, CA
Busy but great service
It was very busy but once I got an adviser it was a very good. I got detailed information about what I was having done and advice based off of my needs. The one thing that was a slight issue for me was with my rental, I had to wait about an hour to get it.

Hello Tara Byars,

San Mateo, CA
09/12/2018 Category: Service
See survey results.
Felicia C. from Hyundai of Serramonte responded on 09/12/2018

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. your opinion and suggestions matter to us. We do apologize for any inconvenience. I will let upper management know about your concerns. If you have any questions or concerns, please give me a call back at 650.451.5841.
Have a wonderful day

Redwood City, CA
09/11/2018 Category: Service
Awesome service all the way around
Got my 1st complimentary oil change for my new Elantra. EVERYONE did an awesome job! Will definitely be back!

LA
Larry A.
09/11/2018 Category: Service
stupid requirement
undecided on recommendation to a friend
Felicia C. from Hyundai of Serramonte responded on 09/12/2018

Hello Larry,

Have a wonderful day

South San Francisco, CA
2009 Hyundai Elantra
09/09/2018 Category: Service
Good Service
I appreciated how easy it was to drop off my car and pick up after work was done. I like the texting yo keep me informed of the progress.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Your opinion and suggestions matter to us. We hope to see you on your next service. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or text me at 650.451.5841. Have a wonderful day!

Half Moon Bay, CA
09/08/2018 Category: Service
Great team work!
This service department always gets me out of there as quickly as possible.

Daly City, CA
09/07/2018 Category: Service
Thorough, courteous service.
Courtesy and friendliness of staff. Efficient service.

09/06/2018 Category: Service
good visit
first time at serramonte hyundai service department. everyone was courteous and friendly.

SL
Sean L.
Fantastic service
Brought my 2017 Elantra (which I purchased at another dealership) in to them because the battery was bad but still under warranty. Despite not having an appointment, and the fact that they looked busy, they were very pleasant and accommodating and even washed and vacuumed my car for me. Was very pleased.

Hello Sean Lukens,

Thank you for your feedback. Your opinion and suggestions matter to us. We hope to see you on your next service. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 650.451.5841. Have a wonderful day!

AV
Anthony V.
2015 Hyundai Veloster
great customer service
quality work backed by extreme professionalism & kindness/care from front desk service agents...

Hello Anthony Victoria,

Na
Na

09/04/2018 Category: Service
Good service, but to far to travel to
See above