Latest Review 4 minutes ago

Gary S.
Porsche Cayenne
07/21/2018
Continued good service
I am a repeat customer. IMA continues to provide good service. I will continue to have my Porsche serviced by them.

PC
Peter C.
Ashburn, VA
Porsche Boxster
07/20/2018
Always great service
I used to take my Boxster S to the dealer where I bought the car but the last two times I have gone to IMA Motorwerke and will continue to do so. Their costs are way under the dealer and they do good quality work. This was a simple oil change but I was in and out easily and they provide a quick check of all other potential issues without being pushy.

PK
Paul K.
Fairfax Station, VA
Porsche 911 Carrera
07/14/2018
Experience and care
Ivan and Allan provide tremendous service, great insight and are genuinely interested in you enjoying your porsche in tip top shape

RQ
Richard Q.
Porsche 911 Carrera
07/06/2018
Respectable
Ivan and the other guys at the shop are great at communicating and following through on their commitments, while helping keep my car on the road at far less cost than a dealer. I know I can count on an honest assessment of my vehicle's condition, they provide great recommendations for how to best maintain my vehicle, and they have more knowledge than anyone I've met about working on Porsches. Would highly recommend them to a friend for anything from a pre-purchase inspection to engine replacement.

KC
Kristen C.
Ashburn, VA
MINI Cooper Hardtop
07/02/2018
Amazing Service, Ethical Repairs, and Personable Employees!
After getting a shocking repair estimate from the dealer, I called a few places in the area to see what my options were. After speaking to Ramin and getting some guidance on how to proceed, I went back to the dealer to see if they were willing to provide assistance for the repair due the low mileage on the vehicle. When the dealership refused to entertain that option, I called back and got a reasonable quote from Allen for repairs at a cost of $500 cheaper.
When all was said and done the dealer recommended a complete replacement of the timing chain and housing when all it needed was a new timing chain tensioner bolt. I wound up paying $500 to IMA for a service the dealer wanted to charge me $2400 to unnecessarily complete.
Not only did IMA complete that work, they also went ahead and finished the other work and even changed the oil!
I was exceptionally pleased with the professionalism of the entire company- from the owner (Ivan) to the technicians who completed the work. They have definitely gotten a lifelong customer in me!

Chris B.
Aldie, VA
Mercedes-Benz ML350
06/20/2018
ML350 100K Service
This is my second time having my vehicle serviced at IMA, and like the first time the service was performed correctly and on time as expected. The team at IMA once again did a fantastic job getting my wife's ML350 serviced and back on the road again with no unforeseen issues or expenses. The work was done correctly , on time, and was a great value for my wallet. As long as IMA is open I will be a customer. Thanks IMA for a job well done.
Chris

RD
Raymond D.
Aldie, VA
06/16/2018
Ivan and Alan are very professional and easy to work with. Service is great. Good communication. We are and will continue to be repeat customers.

JO
John O.
Vienna, VA
Porsche Panamera
06/11/2018
Quick, informative and competitively priced - very knowledgeable about the car
Ivan and team are a great outfit. They know Porsche better than Porsche service centers and they provide their expertise at a much more competitive price particularly when you are off warranty. I have taken both my Porsches there for overhauls and major work and they did a great job in a timely manner and I was well informed

Mike M.
BMW 635CSi
06/04/2018
IMA took great care with an old favorite
IMA Motorwerke was recommended as an option for repair/service from my insurance company. Having no history with BMW repair, the 89 BMW 635 was evaluated nose to tail, top to bottom. A list of items triaged from musts to future options created based on my budget/ comfort level. This list was explained and approved and on a second visit to the shop, I walked around the car while it was up on the lift. Ramin ( IMA BMW specialist ) patiently walked me through items that needed attention and if not apparent explained what I was missing. This car has found it's home for service and I will bring our Volvos to IMA in the future.

David P.
Audi Q5
05/31/2018 Category: Service
David said the service was fantastic, it was precise and to the point. The estimate was lower than expected.

LT
Luigi T.
Alexandria, VA
Porsche 911
05/18/2018
So far so good
After the porsche dealership gauging tried a couple of independent shops. IMA has a great facility and completed my service quickly and at a very reasonable price. BTW, Ivan is a certified car nut and a pleasure to talk to. I will update this review at the next major service but so far, so good.

Definitely recommended.

Joe M.
Culpeper, VA
Porsche Panamera
05/15/2018
Fast service on same day
Wife's car broke down and needed a tow late in the day. IMA agreed to stay open till the car arrived then put it inside for safe keeping. They completed repairs the next day. Since we could not pick it up till after the weekend, they stored it inside till early Monday morning. Very customer focused and accommodating.

Darrell M.
05/08/2018
Very Professional
Very professional and informative. BMW X5D required front end noise diagnosis and repair. The assessment and solution were explained in detail prior to starting the repair. The costs were fair and reasonable. Vehicle repaired and returned the same day. HIGHLY recommended.

BI
Barrie I.
Herndon, VA
Volkswagen Golf
05/01/2018
My dad’s got an awesome set of tools (sp’colli)
They didn’t break it, but they can fix. After having a new transmission put in, unfortunately (the other shop) wasn’t familiar with all the aftermarket parts that had been put in. They had broken a couple vacuum hoses in the engine bay and internally as well. Less then half a day and the guys at IMA had my golf r back up and roaring the way she should be! Thanks guys
Great job as usual!

JE
John E.
Herndon, VA
04/30/2018
Recently started using IMA Motorwerke for our BMW. Very through in regards to the service that needs to be performed in the repair. Provided pictures and a call which allow the owner additional insight to the problem. Very satisfied with services whether it is a routine oil change vs. a more challenging repair.

Fairfax, VA
04/22/2018
Professional attitude, polite, patient, knowledgeable
IMA Motorwerke is thorough, professional, and very pleasant to deal with.

Bob B.
Mc Lean, VA
Porsche 944
04/21/2018
On time and no surprise for my repairs
IMA is truly professional and honest!! The explication of repairs before hand, was accurate and I understood each repair. My car is a 1990 Porsche so a thorough knowledge of old and new cars is very important. IMA is great.

Justin B.
Centreville, VA
04/19/2018
Quick and Excellent
I dropped by on a whim for a quick job, and they took care of me in no time. Personalized service and they know cars. Much better than dealer service. Don’t hesitate to go here.

Justin B.
Centreville, VA
04/14/2018
Personalized service and great results. They know and care about cars and customers. Take your premium German car here (or any other for that matter).

AA
Ali A.
Alexandria, VA
Porsche 911
04/07/2018
Air Cooled Carrera Service
I have been looking for a place to service my Carrera 3.2 in the DC area, and IMA seemed to receive the best reviews from all the places around here. I have to agree with most of the reviews here. Ivan took his time with the car, and with me, explaining every detail of the work and allowing me to periodically inspect the work, which is exactly what I wanted to do to learn more about the car. Friendly staff, informed techs and Ivan didn't let me go until every question I had was answered. He made recommendations on possible services but didn't push anything on me like other shops would. All in all a pleasant first-time experience and I have already recommended IMA to friends.