Truckee, CA
11/12/2018
Slightly inaccurate information
I reserved a rental car thinking they wanted the car for half a day - it only took an hour.

STEVE C.
11/05/2018
Terrific service
They have been working on my Outback for 5 years and the service has always been excellent

Lexus IS 250
11/01/2018
Always helpful
As Ken said, “your alternator ate itself”, which summed up my cars ails.
Independent has always been fair and diligent and fast with getting my cars back on the road. Alternator problem car was fixed quickly and my daughters car with a headlight problem was fixed quickly too.

Danielle D.
Sun Valley, NV
10/31/2018 Category: Service
Danielle said the business provided awesome service. The staff were kind and considerate.

EE
ELLEN E.
Subaru Legacy
10/30/2018
Super friendly and knowledgeable. I was referred here by a friend who also had a great experience outside of the Subaru Dealership. They listened to what I needed done and had the car done by the end of the day. They communicated their recommendations via a follow up call after inspecting it and performed more than I would have received at the dealership for the minimum price/service I would have received at the dealership.

GM
Greg M.
10/30/2018 Category: Service
Greg said that the place always does a great job at a great price.

EB
Always outstanding. Thanks ken

BW
Brent W.
10/26/2018 Category: Service
Brent said the service was excellent, he had no concerns and this was a good experience for him.

Mandel G.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
10/25/2018
I vehicle will never go anywhere else!
Great work and customer service!

CHRIS B.
Subaru Impreza Wagon
10/19/2018
Trustworthy and Quality shop
I have been using Independent Automotive for a few years now, and have referred a few friends to them as well. These guys do quality work and are honest about what work needs to be done. I have been told that service I requested didn't need to be done, and a friend has told me that unlike the dealership, Independent Automotive only wanted to replace the parts that actually needed replacing. They specialize in Subaru, but friends have taken their non Subaru vehicles there and have received the same quality service as I do with my Subaru.

If you are looking for a quality and trustworthy shop for any of your vehicles, especially if its a Subaru, Independent Automotive is a great choice. I plan to use them to service my current and future vehicles, and I will continue to refer friends to them.

Steve S.
Tahoe Vista, CA
10/17/2018 Category: Service
Steve said the business had good feed back and he feels they are honest.

DT
David T.
Fernley, NV
Subaru Outback (Natl)
10/15/2018 Category: Service
David said the staff explained what they found and prioritized the essential and unessential services.

TR
Tom R.
10/12/2018 Category: Service
Tom said the business knew what they were doing. They got him in and got the repair done.

Dale P.
09/29/2018 Category: Service
Dale said the service was good and the pricing was fair.

MA
MARILYN A.
Lexus ES 300
09/27/2018
As always my car was serviced quickly. I was informed about future needs of my car.
I always receive prompt service and waiting for the car to be finished is pleasan. Thank you.

Bryson B.
09/27/2018 Category: Service
Bryson said the staff took care of the non warranty work at no charge.

MF
Meredith F.
09/20/2018 Category: Service
Meredith said the staff was quick, and accommodating. They got her right in and done and at no charge as she bought her tires their.

PJ
PHIL J.
Incline Village, NV
Nissan Frontier
09/17/2018
Marvelous as usual
My truck needed a differential that is sold only AND at a very HIGH price by Nissan. Ken spent a significant amount of time researching the part before he found a suitable replacement at a fair price. Barely took the crew a day to fix it and evaluate the repair before truck was returned to me.
Independent Auto sets a high standard for shop work. Even though I live 40+ miles from the shop I still maintain them as my NUMBER One auto repair for all 4 of our vehicles. Would I recommend? ALWAYS!

Subaru Forester (Natl)
09/13/2018
Love Independent Auto!
Ken and Jesse and the other guys at Independent Auto have worked on my Subarus for years. I’ve always felt they told me truthfully what was wrong with my car and didn’t recommend unnecessary work. They do the job right the first time. I’ve been very satisfied with them and wouldn’t trust my car to anybody else.

AG
ANDY G.
GMC Yukon XL
09/12/2018
Best service
Best customer service ever! We won’t take our vehicles anywhere else. Great communication, truly care about their customers and give top notche service