Tanelly B.
04/14/2018
Problem after Problem is costing More Money
Well since buying our 2005 525 BMW two years we had no problems..car was in great condition inside & out..Fast forward to 2018 we experienced some issues car running hot.so we knew that BMW Needs specialized training skills..so we called Larchmere Imports..Thinking these guys are The truth. Well they stated to fix major issues which was a few..would cost of $2000 (wasn't expecting that) ok we need our car fixed..pinched our pennies and paid..car is fixed and running Great...Last Saturday hubby is driving to Hudson ohio car overheated..call AAA Take it back to Larchmere..They said it was something else that They didn't fix a new problem ;( so $700 later..ok here we go again..pickup car Friday April 13,2018..Thinking everything is Ok...Why did my car just stop the next day April 14...I'm currently stranded waiting on Tow TRUCK Pissed off!!!..its Saturday I had plans & their closed until Monday....Money Down the Fing Drain!!!

AP
Alex P.
10/13/2017
Poor Service -- DO NOT USE
Bottom line, I feel I was wronged and lost money working with Larchmere and would not recommend them to anyone. I had to return to another autobody shop within two weeks because of poor and incomplete service.

The staff is very friendly, but I judge a business by how it responds to adversity and difficult situations. Below is my experience:

Background: My car would not start. It appeared to me to be a battery issue resulting from me removing a speaker in my car. They diagnosed the issue as a crank problem and were able to get the car to start. It turned out my speaker was on the same fuse as my transmission and it had blown. They identified a handful of other issues that needed to be addressed. They complete the work (so I thought).

Aftermath Issue 1: When the work was completed, I found they had accidentally removed my bluetooth speaker system. Jacob (the face to the customer) told me to bring it in, but said they wouldn't waive the cost of the repair, even though this was not something I had requested. He stated that the maintenance order told mechanics to remove all aftermarket audio parts, which it must have, but the maintenance order was written by him and not based on my instruction -- I only instructed the removal of my subwoofer system wires. While the mistake was on his end, his holier than thou mentality made him unwilling to recognize his fault or rectify his wrong. It would have been easy to waive the cost and make the repair at no charge due to the mistake and try to build a customer-first brand, but alas.

Aftermath Issue 2: The initial problem, my car not starting, repeated 10 days later later due to a dead battery. While they were right in correcting the fuse / transmission issues, they failed to recognize the need to replace my battery, even though this was my initial request. They told me I needed to bring it in at a charge of $80 to identify any broader issues and that a battery would cost $500+. Breaking down the main issues:

1. I had already requested them to replace my battery and they told me it was fine. It was not fine.

2. Charging me a fee to have the problem identified, following spending ~$2k 10 days prior and after having already screwing me over on the bluetooth issue.

3. Suggesting a $500 battery for a 10-year old modest Audi A4 with 130k miles was appropriate. That is just an unprecedented level of greed. I mean the hubris! How is this helping the customer, I had already told him that I was only planning on driving this vehicle for a few more years before I'd trade it in. The factory installed battery that lasted me over 10-years costs a fraction of this.

In conclusion, sub-par work, excessive greed, and an inability to take ownership of mistakes has made it impossible for me to work, or suggest others to work, with them in the future. They put on a nice facade but in reality they lack professionalism or accountability when rubber hits the road.

AF
Anthony F.
09/21/2016
The best by far!!!
Great staff and top notch work! The only place I trust to keep me driving with confidence.

Mary B.
Beachwood, OH
Audi TT
01/09/2016
Great place!
Customer service oriented; quality work at a fair price

LP
Lenore P.
MINI Cooper
01/08/2016
Great car detailing
In addition to making my daughter's car look brand new, everyone at Larchmere Imports was friendly and professional.

WS
William S.
BMW 325i
01/07/2016
Trustworthy and reliable service, every time
Just had an oil change and a check on other systems done on my 1993 BMW 325i. Dave answered my question about an infrequent front-end "bump" noise (most likely just "sticking" front brake pads upon first wheel turn, since it occurs only after sitting for a week or so in the cold, and therefore is not an issue.) Other systems all checked out fine. In a 23-year-old car, getting an "all systems go" from Dave means a lot, since I know he's truly aware of potential trouble spots and would find anything amiss, if it were there. My car may have been in just for an oil change this time, but I got valuable feedback that gives me peace of mind about it being completely safe to drive, despite its advancing years.

AH
Annie H.
Shaker Heights, OH
Volkswagen CC
12/30/2015
Listenso to issues and works until it is solved.
Had a recurring problem the VW dealership could not resolve. Larchmont Imports did resolve it.

AC
Al C.
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
12/26/2015
Best Auto Service in Cleveland
We have had our cars serviced by Larchmere imports for 25 years and service is performed timeley and flawlessly.

Lamalani S.
Akron, OH
Volvo XC70
12/25/2015
Professional, trustworthy and personal service
The gentlemen at Larchmere accommodated my schedule and made it easy to drop off my car, even giving me a loaner vehicle as I am commuting over 40 miles for European car service. The techs were very informative while diagnosing the problem and started with the simple solution to try and avoid unnecessary labor. It turns out that the solution was more complicated than the initial fix and Larchmere Imports picked up where they left off and solved the problem. They did not add extra costs for replacing parts used during the initial visit and I felt that the diagnostic procedure was exactly how I would want a quality shop to approach an issue.

RP
Ron P.
BMW 740i
12/25/2015 Category: Service
Ron said he was very unhappy with the service provided by this business. The mechanic replaced the wrong part of the vehicle. The vehicle blew up and broke down the next day. He has been without a vehicle for over a week now. He had his vehicle towed from this business to another business to be serviced properly.

MI
Maureen I.
Land Rover Discovery
12/23/2015
Another great job!
John and team did a great job, as always. While repairs can often be costly due to the design of the vehicles, Larchmere has always shown a willingness to discuss options and make recommendations.

TK
Thomas K.
North Royalton, OH
BMW 335xi
12/22/2015
Always great service
These guys are the best!

EI
Elliot I.
Beachwood, OH
BMW 328xi
12/21/2015 Category: Service
Elliot he was satisfied with the business. He had accurate service with them in the past.

BC
Brian C.
Mercedes-Benz E350
12/19/2015 Category: Service
Brian said this business just did an oil leak fixed on his vehicle, but as far as he knows everything is good.

WS
William S.
12/18/2015
Knowledgable and trustworthy
My Audi A6 randomly switches from A/C to warm air after a couple of hours of driving. Dave was able to run full diagnostics to rule out several possible causes, and identify exactly what needs to be replaced, which we will do in the spring of 2016.

LF
Lauren F.
BMW 325i
12/18/2015 Category: Service
Lauren said she has been going to the business for a while and she is always satisfied.

GM
Gubbi M.
Mercedes-Benz E320
12/12/2015
Issue with 2000 Mercedes Benz E320 4MATIC Fan problem
Very professional, friendly and courteous service. Work was performed on time. I do have a suggestion: On your website it would be nice if the customer has the ability to view the status of a repair in real-time and be allowed to log in to check the same

BK
Beth K.
South Whitley, IN
Volkswagen Jetta
11/30/2015 Category: Service
Beth said they were nice, honest, and took care of her daughter.

RI
Rodrigo I.
Land Rover Discovery
11/29/2015 Category: Service
Rodrigo said the business products were too expensive but the service is good.

Mike G.
Avon Lake, OH
BMW 535xi GT
11/28/2015 Category: Service
Mike said this business provided a pleasant and great experience.