Lowcost Transmission Physician

Overall Rating 4.22/5Overall Rating 4.22/5Overall Rating 4.22/5Overall Rating 4.22/5rating 4.22

Stella B. on 04/19/2017
"Dishonest"
Don't ever take your car here!!! They are dishonest! I took my car there with a problem and I told them what the problem was and they came back to me telling me the transmission needed to be rebuilt little did I know the type of transmission in my car has a 20% success rate after being rebuilt which I found out from the dealer after they had rebuilt it and it continued to have tons of problems with the transmission, I was back at the shop at least 5 times in the next two weeks after it was rebuilt with all kinds of other "problems" that weren't fixing the problem....they then told me after spending A LOT of money on the transmission "well now that the transmission is rebuilt then we know it's not that and we now can tell that it's actually the computer that needs to be replaced"...almost another grand...I decided at that point to take it to the dealer instead since I trusted their opinion, they replaced the computer and told me it wouldn't guarantee a fix because they never should have rebuilt the transmission in the first place and it's more than likely still the transmission. Two days after I replaced the computer I was driving down the highway and my transmission went out!!! I got it back to the dealer and sure enough it was pulling transmission codes and they said I'd have to put a new transmission in it because my transmission was not working right.
In the end I had to end up getting a new car because the amount of money I put in and the amount of money I was going to have to put wouldn't have been worth it.
They never offered to help fix the problem only that I had to pay more money to fix the other "problems"
Service Date: 01/03/2017
Review Created: 04/19/2017 08:08 PM
Mj A. on 02/15/2017
"Excellent "
Very thorough, fast and they were nice keeping me involved and updated.
Review Created: 02/15/2017 12:47 PM
Mimi E. on 11/15/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"THIEFS. Don't go there !!!"
They will Rob you blind. Hidden fees specialists..!!!
Service Date: 11/15/2016
Review Created: 11/15/2016 02:03 PM
James R. on 09/23/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Low Cost Transmission Is Great!"
Low Cost helped me tremendously both with repair and cost. My transmission blew out on my 2000 Tundra late on a Friday while stranded on Martin Luther King Blvd and I was in panic. My wife searched transmission shops on her phone and from the list, we chose Low Cost for having the most positive reviews. But we were still skeptical as most people would be. At the start, they recommended a tow company that came quickly and got me to their shop with no hassle. The driver had good things to say about them, which soothed me a bit. I found Zack and Carl, the owners, to be very friendly, informative, and more concerned for situation than I expected. My only other car, a 94 Lasabre, was about to break down as well, sometimes it wouldn't start at all. Low cost gave me a quote the following Monday. BTW, I have had 3 transmissions replaced in the past, 2 by AAMCO and 1 by an independent shop, in Cape Coral and Fort Myers, Fl. I'm well aware that this type of repair can be costly and slow. So, the quote was okay, $2600, but I didn't have quite that much money and I don't have a single credit card. And because of my past experience with trans repairs, I had other doubts, as everyone would. During this troublesome period, I discussed my problem with a coworker. She told me her dad was a lead mechanic for Reed, that he has been one his whole life and he was my age, 52. She said that I should call him for a 2nd opinion. I did and to shorten my story, he recommended that I take my car to one place in particular, that they are for sure the most honest and probably the least expensive. To my shock, he said to call Low Cost Transmission Physician. I replied, that is where my truck already is now. He said, I'm not lying, that's the best place it can be. I trusted my coworker, so I trusted her dad. Well I was satisfied. They had the car ready the following Thursday, 3 days later. Also, On Monday when I got the quote, they told me that if I came up with most of the money, I could drive it home, and make payments on the rest.

They even lowered the price a bit more to help me out. That made me feel better too, because I am on the ropes financially. Luckily, my sons came to the rescue and helped with enough cash to pay so i didn't need to make payments on the lowered price, but its nice to know that they would have helped if I needed it. I have never gotten that type of offer from any other repair shop on previous repairs in the past.

If you need any repairs at all, Low Cost Transmission Physician is my recommendation.

PS. I did have a small drip the next morning, today, which is Friday. Carl had already explained that I should keep an eye on many things and this was one of them. He informed me that a lot of pieces and seals went into fixing it and sometimes a leak may occur. I called them and they took it right back right away. And soon they showed me the issue. A nut that needed tightening on the transfer case. I still have the truck under watch, but I have no doubt that Low Cost will take it back if needed. I have a 3 year warranty and I have full trust they will honor it. My truck is my livelihood, and I would not be able to replace it for the price they charged me.

PS. PS. My truck shifts really good. I think better than when it was new. It feels like new.

PS. PS. PS. Before I left, I gave them my old Buick Lasabre and they are taking care of that one too. A ground wire issue, AC refrigerant and possibly a new starter. I'll review that one next.

Jim R.
St Petersburg, Fl
Review Created: 09/23/2016 09:55 AM
Ray M. on 05/29/2015
Ray said this business does everything thoroughly and quickly.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 04/27/2015
Review Created: 05/29/2015
Julious G. on 05/19/2015
Julious said he had a very good experience with this business and that he had no problems with them. They did a good job and he would recommend them.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Pickup
Review Created: 05/19/2015
Ted 8. on 05/15/2015
Ted said this business did a very professional job with the service they have provided for him. They stand behind their work and go as far as to redo repair at their own cost if necessary . He appreciates their honesty and the timely fashion in which they performed the services.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cavalier
Review Created: 05/15/2015
Micki H. on 05/15/2015
Spoke with Micki's husband. He said they do excellent work and they are very nice people. Their kids are great and helpful.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Lumina
Review Created: 05/15/2015
Robert P. on 05/07/2015
Robert said the staff at this business seems to be nice but he has been in six times for the same issue with the head gasket. He is not sure his vehicle is fixed. He would not recommend them to others because of his experience.
Vehicle: Ford Mustang
Service Date: 04/16/2015
Review Created: 05/07/2015
Jeremy A. on 05/06/2015
Jeremy said this business did great work.
Vehicle: Lincoln Town Car
Review Created: 05/06/2015
Mark L. on 05/04/2015
Mark said he was satisfied with this business' service. He was referred to them.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Review Created: 05/04/2015
Troy B. on 04/30/2015
Troy said this business' service is good.
Vehicle: Mazda RX-8
Kenyata W. on 04/30/2015
Kenyata said he has never had a problem at this business. They get him in and out quickly.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Pickup
Michael N. on 04/30/2015
Michael said there are great people at the facility.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Oscar M. on 04/30/2015
Oscar said most of their work is pretty good.
Vehicle: Dodge Caravan
Sandra J. on 04/29/2015
Sandra said nothing bad happened on this visit.
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Darian M. on 04/29/2015
Darian said this business did not have his vehicle ready when promised. He had to wait three extra hours. He would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry Solara
Adam G. on 04/29/2015
Adam said the business is always great and always gracious. Carl, the owner, is always on top of the mechanics and he has follow ups.
Vehicle: Dodge Caravan