Latest Review about 1 year ago

SR
Stacy R.
10/03/2017
Misdiagnosed my car and will not take responsibility!
Jason, at Madison Automotive misdiagnosed my car trouble and it cost me 1955.00 dollars over 3 days! He refuses to take responsibility and states it was ‘just a coincidence’ that my car would again not start the NEXT MORNING!

On Wednesday 9/27/17 my Toyota minivan with 130K miles would not start. The engine would crank but not turn over. After checking the battery, I had it towed to Madison Automotive. Two years prior he had put a new fuel pump in this minivan and seemed like a decent guy. He got it started but wanted to keep it until the next day for a ‘cold start’ in the morning. On Thursday morning Jason had the same problem I experienced the day before and he diagnosed my car as needing another fuel pump. He acknowledged this was odd for a Toyota fuel pump to only last 2 years so he would discount his price from 1327.55 to 1200.00. if I would pay cash. He ordered the part and on Friday around 2pm I picked up my car, handed him 1200 dollars cash and left later that evening for Atlanta with my family.

The next morning, less than 24hrs later, my car would again crank but not turn over, the exact same way it happened on Wednesday for me and Thursday for Jason. Madison Automotive was closed when I tried to contact them for advice and I was in Atlanta so I had my car towed once again and this time paid 560.00 to a mechanic there to install a new water pump.

The next morning, Sunday, again my car would crank but not turn over. I called a friend in Atlanta who luckily knew a mechanic who came to where I was staying. He worked on my car in the driveway and found the fuel relay was not functioning properly. He drove to the store and bought a 48.00 relay, replaced it, and my car has worked perfectly since.

My husband went to Madison Automotive on Monday morning and showed Jason all our receipts, totaling almost 2000.00 dollars and Jason said he was not at all at fault for a misdiagnosis. Flabbergasted by this response, I called him later that morning and he stated the fuel relay was not the problem on Friday when he ran diagnostics and replaced my fuel pump. When pressed for an answer said it was ‘just a coincidence’ that less than 24hrs after replacing my 2yr old fuel pump my car mimicked the identical problem and the fuel relay was then not working and needed to be replaced. When he asked what I expected him to do I suggested he reimburse me his fee minus the actual price he paid for the full pump, about 400.00 and he refused stating he was in no way accountable Yet ‘coincidentally’ my savings account has been depleted in just under 3 days and a 48.00 relay fixed my car.

Jason is a friendly and talkative guy but you cannot trust a mechanic that will not admit he made a mistake!!

BR
Benny R.
Athens, AL
11/07/2016
Fair and honest
Steve and Jason are fair and honest, they stand behind their work and word. I trust them and that is something i can't say about other shops.

ROGER M.
Huntsville, AL
Chrysler 300
10/20/2015
Honest, reliable auto shop in Huntsville
Steve and his son Jason, are two of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. Not only are they nice but they have a true passion for what they do, which is own and operate the best auto shop in Huntsville. We moved here from Colorado three years ago and were concerned about finding a good auto shop here in Huntsville. We were lucky enough to find Madison Automotive. We have a couple of older cars that are paid for and thanks to Madison Automotive it looks like we will be able to keep them running well past the 200K and onto 300K miles without having a big out lay of cash. They really know what they are doing and if they tell you something, you can take it to the bank. They're really nice guys that really know what they are doing. We feel so lucky to have found them!

RONNIE R.

SL
STUART L.
08/26/2015
Another quality trip to Madison Automotive
Every time I go to Madison Automotive, I feel like I am treated fairly and the repairs are done right. I don't like having to do repairs on my van, but sometimes you have to, and when those times come up, you can bet I'll take my van to Madison Automotive.

DENISE D.
Volkswagen Jetta
08/22/2015
A/C Service
Great job. fast and friendly and well done.

MICHAEL G.
Huntsville, AL
Toyota Tundra
08/19/2015
Down to earth honest people
Great service and fair prices

ROGER C.
Athens, AL
08/05/2015
Air Condishion Repair
Jason was great help and friendly. The air condishion works fine.

BO
BOB O.
Owens Cross Roads, AL
GMC Yukon
07/12/2015
Honesty - No Pressure
Quality work. Does what you ask and provides honest feedback about problems.

DAVID S.
07/06/2015
As always they provide great service. I am always updated in a timely way with what is going on. They don't prompt you to do more than is necessary.

DAVID S.
Dodge Nitro
06/24/2015
I like the shop because they always shoot straight-tell me what needs or doesn't need to be done. Good communication to me and quality work done in a timely manner

MAURA AND RON W.
06/11/2015
Good service as always
I always feel I can trust the Madison Automotive staff.

JANIS T.
Nissan Murano
06/01/2015
Knowledgeable, honest, caring, friendly professional family run shop
My Murano was rear ended 2 years ago and had not driven like the same car since the accident. It was wearing my tires unevenly and had a wiggle in the rear when I hit a bump in the road. After numerous trips to the dealership and a large repair bill that they said was unrelated to the accident there was no difference in the ride. One conversation with Steve he told me what he thought was wrong. One visit and my car drives like brand new again. This is where I will be bringing my car for any future service. Thank you for your knowledge and honesty. Steve, Jason and Will you are all wonderful. Thanks to you, Steve, I enjoy driving my car again.

AR
ALFREDA R.
GMC Yukon
05/28/2015
Great consumer service
The staff treated me very good , They address all my issues and concerns with my vehicle. I'm very well pleased,

LV
LISA V.
Nissan Juke
05/09/2015
I've been bringing my cars to Madison Automotive for years. I have always been pleased with the service!

BD
BRYAN D.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
05/06/2015
I can trust their skills and honesty.
It's nice to have a company I can trust

MIKE M.
Toyota Sequoia
04/28/2015
Great Service, Well Priced
Quality work done here. Prices are much better than most other places. Would recommend to anyone to use for any car issue. I have come here for a few car issues with a few different cars and we have always been happy.

BF
BONNIE F.
04/21/2015
Very satisfied customer
Finally...a mechanic whom you can trust and he does a great job. Steve goes above and beyond for customer satisfaction.

SL
STUART L.
Toyota Avalon
04/09/2015
Another great experience
This time just a quick maintenance visit, but it was handled quickly and professionally.