Bruce B.
01/16/2020
The best repair service
You can trust Matt to tell you exactly what's needed get done on time and on time and for a fair price

Indian Trail, NC
01/12/2020
Amazing service!!
Matt & Francisco are amazing!! Won’t take my vehicles anywhere else again.

John B.
01/10/2020
Courteous, efficient, cost effective service

Dan S.
01/04/2020
Quality Care
Highly recommend

Sajel M.
Nissan Versa Note
12/30/2019
Will be back!
For starters I have had the worst luck with car repair shops, I usually feel like I am being scammed, however when I came here I had the BEST experience. Matt was more than patient with me, taking time to explain to me the repairs that needed to be done. He also took the time to show me the damaged part, so I was able to see what had been replaced. It didn't take a long time for him to look at my car. Overall great customer service, honest staff, services in a timely manner. 10/10 repair shop!

AD
Art D.
Indian Trail, NC
12/24/2019
Great Work
Great experience with Matt Work done professionally and within the estimate 300,000 mile truck is like new I would recommend Matt for any work you need

KL
Kate L.
Nissan Rogue
12/21/2019
Great people great place
Matt and his team are awesome! If you’re sick of going to the big name auto places and getting ripped off than head on over to Matts. They are fair and do a great job!

KT
Kay T.
12/19/2019
December 18, 2019 visit
As always, I had excellent service yesterday getting my oil changed and tires rotated. The owners are the most pleasant people and the service is fast and done right. I love this place. Kay Turner

Sandra M.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
12/18/2019
Friendly Great Rates
I called this mechanic to get a quote because it had great reviews and is close to my job. I took my car there and was very impressed. The owner was really nice. I’ve only gotten my car out so don’t know how it’s going to run but it definitely sounds better. I would recommend this location for sure.

Cynthia S.
12/18/2019
My car is getting up there in miles, and I trust Matthews Service and Repair to do my oil changes and all other service. I take several long car trips a year and always bring my car by first for the crew to check it over. They’re great and I trust them-which is saying a lot.

John B.
12/10/2019
Courteous, professional service done in a timely manner. Went in for oil change service and Matt advised me two lights were out and reviewed the status of other vehicle systems.

Alexis S.
Honda Civic Cpe
12/09/2019
Honest work
Matt is a terrific guy. He was very inventive when I called about my concerns with my car. These concerns were brought about by another mechanic who would not pass my car for inspection. After speaking to him, he recommended I come in and get it checked out and I was there with in 30 minutes. He is super friendly and welcoming. He looked at my car with me and explained everything. Showed me thee possible issues and how it was actually not a problem yet and was still able to pass inspection. Saved me so much money during the holidays!! He passes my inspection and now I have a mechanic for life. I definitely have work that needs to be done and now know the best place to take it to.

Thomas B.
12/07/2019
" BEWARE"
Took my vehicle in to have a Inspection and get a price on repairs for a check engine light issue I just didn't have the equipment to figure out. Also requested a quote for AC Compressor repair and price on struts.Was never called or updated and had to call myself to check on vehicle. Upon arrival the original person "Matt" was not there and was dealing with the mechanic who was on the phone getting direction on how to bill me out 85.00 for diagnostic fee. Was not explained anything that was found or resolution to my problem and the vehicle was never inspected. I knew it was going to FAIL, but needed it completed to stay compliant and was told to come back Monday to do it then because it was never done prior to disconnecting the battery. When I went back to talk to Matt about the diagnostic find of a BAD Mass air flow sensor ( That I had replaced for $90.00 and the shop wanted $252.00 for part and $32.00 labor) which by the way was 2 screws a plug and 5 minutes. Matt stated " He was not the Cheapest game in town but his work was quality and the part I used was inferior" He also stated he did all the testing including smoke testing to diagnosis the check engine light issue. So to verify , I purchased the part from FORD directly and paid $185.00. Installed another NEW Mass air flow sensor from FORD and the CHECK ENGINE Light still came on and "WAS NOT THE ISSUE" I took the vehicle to another shop and the proper test were completed to located the crack in the emission pipe "They did the actual smoke test" Matt wanted over $1600.00 for repairs for check engine light and AC Compressor . I had all repairs completed with WARRANTY and PASSED Inspection for $830.00 at "COFFEY CAN FIX" off Lawyers RD and Matthews Township Parkway. Oh, and by the way I was a mechanic years ago and still have a working Knowledge of vehicle repairs. These repairs required specialized testing equipment and installation equipment that I did not have access to. .
Matt & F., Owner from Matthews Service and Repair responded on 12/09/2019

I truly regret that you feel the way that you do about a service that I did not even perform. As I told you when you came in with the malfunction indicator light illuminated after performing the “repair” yourself, If you had allowed me to make the repairs using my diagnosis, I would have had to make any further repairs at my expense for misdiagnosing the problem. Instead, you proceeded to attempt the repair yourself. As to your claim of not being called, I called twice and left a voicemail message at each attempt, of which neither were responded to. I called at 10:39 a.m. and again at 1:39 p.m. With respect to your air compressor job, I do not know the full details of what parts the other shop installed or from where they acquired their parts. When replacing a bad a/c compressor, it is required by my supplier, for warranty purposes, to replace the a/c accumulator, orifice tube, and to flush the system along with the compressor. I cannot speak to their pricing or profit structure, but I stand behind mine. Clearly, there are over 190 other customers that have indeed allowed me to repair their vehicles and while not every job goes as planned or predicted, they see how I stand behind the jobs that I perform and are more than satisfied with the service I provide.

Matt Preston
Owner
704-491-4962 Direct

KL
Karen L.
Nissan Rogue Sport
12/06/2019
Great Auto Service. Very Honest and Very Thorough
I was very impressed with the quality of care I received at Matthews Service and Repair. You can tell that they really know what they are talking about as they thoroughly explain things to you. Their prices are very reasonable. They are super nice guys and very trustworthy. I highly recommend their services!

Tom S.
Mercury Grand Marquis
12/06/2019
Great Care!
Once again, Matt and Francisco demonstrated not just great care for my car, but more importantly they care about me and the people they serve. They go above and beyond to make things right. They not only do great work, they are great people. I consider them a blessing and I’M grateful for all they do.